Sears - Appliances, Kenmore - purchased at Sears, St. Clound, Minnesota microwave was damaged when received and repair is being refused

Posted on Saturday, December 9th, 2000 at 5:53pm CST by 42929dbc

Product: microwave

Company: Sears

Location: ST. CLOUD, MN, US

Category: Stores, Shopping

To whom it may concern, I just purchased a new microwave from Sears Brand New Central in St.Cloud, Minnesota.

It was damaged when received, and we are being refused to have repair because it is not cost effective.

This microwave is under warranty, and we are getting run around from the Store in Brainerd Minnesota we tried to return to for satisfaction, and run around from the store bought from in St. Cloud.

When we took the microwave to Baxter, Minnesota in the Brainderd area, they told us it would be repaired in a week, two weeks later we get a call saying they will not repair, because of cost ineffective.

Offer to give our money back, but will not fix it, or replace it. We want to have it either repaired or replaced. Please advise as soon as possible.

My next alternative is to go to the better business to make complaint, but would rather have this resolved, we have been a customer with Sears for many years, and a preferred card holder.

Awaiting your reply as soon as possible.

Thank you for your attention in the matter, as I know Sears as a image they like to uphold.

Opal

5e43bfb0, 2008-02-04, 10:11PM CST

It seems that an offer to refund your money is fair. You would expect that if your money was refunded, you could repurchase the item. If the item was especially deeply discounted because of a damaged box or something like that, I could see why you would be trying to hold out for a replacement, but, generally, the manufacturer limits your rights to a maximum of a refund of your purchase price.