Delivery Services, UPS poor service by UPS

Posted on Wednesday, August 16th, 2000 at 9:39am CDT by a66de67a

Company: Delivery Services, UPS poor service by UPS

UPS service and delivers is bad

United Parcel Service (UPS)

From:

Date: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 09:39 AM

Just a quick note UPS dilivered 1 of 3 packages to the wrong addres and then told me it was delivered to me. They then said it was my problem with the company that shipped the packages to resolve even though UPS was the problem. Why anyone uses UPS I don;t know.

I found this one also.

United Parcel Service (UPS) Complaint

1/22/99

Why I will never ship using UPS again About a week ago I ordered a product from a company. The company shipped the product to me using United Parcel Service (UPS). The product was delivered to my home while I was at work. A little yellow sticky note was stuck on my door. The note said that the package required a signature and that it would be delivered the following day between the hours of 12 and 3 p.m. I took time off from work to be at home before, during, and after those hours. The actual time of the attempted delivery was 6:30 p.m., I learned from a local UPS manager.

The package was not delivered. Instead, another sticky note was left on my door stating that I should call U.P.S. about picking up the package at their office. I called the number and was informed that the package could not be picked up because their office was closed. I was given the following options: I could have the package delivered to work (my workplace does not allow this) I could have the package left at a neighbor's house (my neighbors, at least the ones I know work) I could take a day off from work and another delivery attempt would be made (they really suggested this, I'm not joking) I could ask them to return the package to the shipper and request another shipper (my vendor was less than thrilled about this) I could try to pick up the package at UPS after work, but there would be no guarantee that the package would be available for pick up. (sounds like a non-option to me).

After talking with yet another ineffectual call center manager and a local manager I was assured that the package would be delivered on the next day (this is the third day) between 5:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. I came home from work at 5:30 p.m. and yet another sticky note was left on my door stating that a signature was required. This time the driver arrived deliberately early just so that they would have the pleasure of leaving another sticky note and the smirky joy of not delivering the package. I guess that they thought that would show me. Perhaps, this measure was their way of demonstrating who had the power.

Once again I called the UPS customer service number and talked to a call center supervisor. This time I was told that they would call the local pick-up center and have someone there call me within an hour to let me know if I could pick-up the package. No one ever called. I wasn't surprised I'm not suppressed at any breach of customer service ethic by UPS. The package was never delivered. On the third day after the last screwup by the driver a lone UPS employee suggested that I pick up the package (which turned out to be two packages) at the pick up center.

Of course it took an hour and a half to set things up so that I could pick up the packages. What I have to look forward to is the fact that my neighborhood is blacklisted and I may never have another UPS shipment left on my porch. UPS has permanently alienated me. I will never use them to ship a package and I will tell every vendor I deal with my story in the hope that they will stop using UPS. Here's some interesting facts about this complaint Several call center operators and three supervisors said that the shipper requested an in-person signature, a lie. (The shipper said that they did not request a signature).

The approximate in the approximate delivery time is plus or minus 2 hours according to two call center operators. Could you imagine telling your manager that you would be returning from lunch at approximately 1 p.m. when you knew you were talking plus or minus 2 hours. What a joke. The actual attempted delivery time was 3 hours past the approximate latest delivery time.

The fact is that UPS does not supply accurate approximations of delivery times. The call center operators and managers say that they can't estimate a delivery time for any package. The approximate delivery times on the yellow sticky notes is totally misleading. This is another attempt by UPS to laugh at their customers. When confronted with the shipper, UPS admitted that it was up to discretion of the driver to request a signature and that the shipper did not request a signature. Two call center managers clearly stated that it was not the driver, but the local managers who had requested the signature because of the type of neighborhood I live in. (My neighborhood is about 90 percent black).

When I asked if the decision to request a signature was based on the racial makeup of the neighborhood I was told that it was not. I was told that the reason packages delivered to my neighborhood required a signature was because of the numerous thefts and claims originating in my neighborhood. When I requested data to support the claim that thefts and claims were greater for my neighborhood they said that no data was available. When asked for a means of escalating this problem, one call center supervisor hung up on me. (TQM obviously hasn't made an impression on the UPS call centers.). Why I am angry My vendor and I are trying to do business and UPS is getting in the way, costing us time, money, and a great deal of aggravation.

From my perspective, UPS did not do all they could or should do to unite me with my package. They insisted that I should make myself available to receive the package during times that were convenient for them. When I met their requirements they didn't deliver the package. When I suggested that it was time for them to deliver the package when it was convenient for me, they laughed. They said that they were not going to "change a hundred year old policy for me." After they failed to deliver the package, they offered no better means, no escalation process, for uniting me with the package.

They lied when they said that the vendor requested a signature. Their customer service center is not a customer service center. Their call center operators are not empowered to do anything, but restate a customer unfriendly service policy. Their call center managers have now more power to correct problems than the call center operators. I am angry that UPS call center managers openly admit that they blackball neighborhoods. I interpret the blackballing as corporate racism.

I work for a company whose work ethic is based on customer service. I know that I, my manager, the vice president, and even the C.E.O. would personally hand deliver a package after work if I knew that it was necessary to satisfy the needs of a customer or because a customer fell through the cracks of our service policy. UPS's response, in my case, was to tell me to cooperate with them by taking a day off work so that their driver could feel secure about delivering a package to a black neighborhood.

Wow that makes me mad. Does it make you mad. Had my vendor shipped my package using FedEx I would have it by now. I might have had to sign for it, but if I weren't at home I could have picked it up later in the evening. I called around and found that UPS was the least user friendly when it came to after work hours for package pick up. I will never again use UPS as a shipper unless there is no other option. What is UPS doing wrong? UPS, is as the call center manager who hang up on me said, is a 100 year old company and they act like it.

Other companies like FedEx have raised the standard for customer service. UPS seems unaware of the needs of their customers and the customers of their customers. They act as though they are the only shipper available and that customers have no choice, but to use their services. They are wrong. In the world of e-commerce where customers expect to order something over the Net one day and receive it the next, UPS is out of touch.

They are still operating in a mindset that was ending 50 years ago. We no longer have as many homes where a spouse stays at home. Everyone works now. Children are often in daycare or school. Most of us who work, spend lots of time at work. The time we are available to physically receive packages at home is after 6 p.m. and on weekends. FedEx and other shippers know what customers want and try to accommodate them. UPS acts as though they could care less.

As e-commerce grows I expect UPS to lose market share and go out of business because they can't adapt to modern customer service trends. I will not weep for their demise. Good riddance. I hope that a reporter, a lawyer, a black activist reads this and follows through with a either an article about UPS's lack of customer service, a class action law suit is filed on behalf of blacklisted neighborhoods, or that a they are investigated to see if their motives for blacklisting are racist.

If you have had a bad experience with UPS please share it with me by sending me an e-mail listing the address of the Web page where you have posted it or an e-mail describing your experience. Thanks, Max

3c333d54, 2007-11-08, 07:38PM CST

I will never use ups it is the absolute worst shipping company.unfortunately it is also the biggest.These people make you take of work to get your package.I don't think they even care about their customers.I had to work a typical 9-5 job which meant the package was impossible for them to deliver to me.They said signature required,what I ordered was an 11 dollar car part.I put it on their will call service went in the next day(had to get off early)then they said it takes 48 hours for will call to hold a package,and that the package was probably being delivered as we speak.I get home and another sticky.I hate ups,I ship all the time and get shipments,I will never use them under any circumstance.Fedex ground is cheaper,usps ships 6 days a week.3 days for most items.The reason fedex drops packages is that the drivers are independent contractors.So if they leave a note they waste time and don't get paid.So their discretion is a lot lighter.

90be70be, 2007-11-20, 02:44PM CST

Though not to the extreme that you experienced, UPS is screwing me too. My main problem is that I am a college student living over 3 hours away from home. I ordered items from an online source so that they may arrive during thanksgiving week at my house. Of course, when UPS says "3 business day guaranteed shipping" they mean 6-7 days (I'm not counting thanksgiving or weekends!). So I just dropped a rather large amount of dough on some items that I won't be able to enjoy for another month during Christmas break. Any warranties I have on these items will be void by the time that I get to try them, so I dearly hope they will not arrive broken, though I doubt the care the delivery guys show to the packages exceeds that towards the customers. How can UPS can say 3 business day guaranteed and then show an ETA 7 business days after the order is placed with no notice or reference to what a scam that is? I don't even see a place to complain about this on their site or get help. UPS sucks.

dac73af2, 2007-12-14, 12:28PM CST

According to tracking service I should have received my package 3 days ago. This morning I called them to see what happened to my package and I was left on hold for 10 minutes. The only reply I got is that they got the package out of customs and that they will call me back when they discover where my package ended up.

I was expecting a camera, there I guess that one of their efficient employees needed a camera for the weekend.

1c2a715d, 2008-02-22, 05:08PM CST

I had the same problem. A note was left on my door that a package would be delivered between 2:00 and 5:00. I am still waiting at 6:10 for this package. My son had to leave for college without it. After calling the center over and over, I was told there is no guarantee of the time. Because they deliver up to 7:00 pm. After really getting nasty, I was told to call the driver and see if I could meet him and get the package on the road somewhere. I think they got paid to deliver it!

247f6fda, 2008-03-01, 01:58PM CST

Yes, they keep doing it. The big problem seems to be that the infonotice does not distinguish between signature required by the shipper and a signature required arbitrarily by the driver. See http://gobsmacker.wordpress.com/2008/02/28/in-person-signature-required/

51718616, 2008-03-05, 02:32PM CST

Hmmmm, my Guess would be: you should have paid for Next Day Air if you wanted your package delivered at a specific date and time. Or, guess you should have been home if you were expecting a delivery. Why do you think it's the driver's privilege to spend days chasing you down at YOUR convenience? Do you think your package is the only one the driver is delivering that day? that he was hand-selected to be your personal errand boy? Don't you think you should be at the address the package is addressed to? makes sense to normal folks. Next time maybe you could meet him in the morning and help him deliver his whole route so that he can go faster and get to your package faster seeing how your package is so much more important than the other 400+ that are on each truck each day.

2ba4aad4, 2008-03-24, 12:43PM CDT

Our business setup a pickup time for UPS to come pick up a package to be delivered from US to Canada. They either did not show up or showed up outside the timeframe that they said they would show up between. Our sever shipping has now been a week late and our business is taking the hit because of it. When one of our employees decided to go to the UPS store they did not have the WAY BILLS to fill out and looked boggled and didnt want to help out. So we called UPS and told them that when the driver comes along for the pickup please send out a WAY BILL along with him. So finally when the driver shows up after the 4th scheduled pickup time he shows up with NO WAY BILL! And since the package was supposed to be routed through FEDEX at the border the driver saw this and said..'oh this is not a UPS package and is a FEDEX one' when the person replied well 'can you wait, let me find out', the driver said 'no i dont have time', so the person said 'well i'm going to put in a complaint for this' and the driver said 'yea go ahead, I don't care'. So still no pickup and no sign of any compensation coming our way from UPS. I hope they all go to hell. I've been cursing all day so I'll spare all the readers from going through it again.

UPS: Extremely Unprofessional, Unreliable, Poor customer service.

f0715491, 2008-04-01, 06:05PM CDT

At home but no buzzer. One flight of stairs down with a very light package. "To" yellow notice labeled only "6" and then further to the office. Seven associated apartment complexes with different street addresses, so seven apt 6's. Someone is cutting corners here.

7a5481bb, 2008-08-29, 06:14PM CDT

You spent more time writing this than you did waiting for the package. Did you write this while you were waiting? If so, i see why you missed it. S_hit happens..... deal with it. Im sure they werent delivering the Hope Diamond.

9a0d9b57, 2008-11-14, 04:11PM CST

11/14/08

Quick Update: UPS still is the worst option for delivering packages.

I will not go into great detail here because quite frankly the more I think about it the more I am aggravated, but to summarize...

I've had two packages shipped to me via UPS in the past couple months (not my choosing).

The first was shipped Next Day Air, Saturday Delivery specified. That package was three days late and the box appeared to have gone through hell and back, so I refused the delivery. To no great surprise the shipper told me the contents were indeed broken and they reshipped to me via FedEx. (I received that package on time and the shipper let me know that they would never use UPS again. Yay small victory.)

The second is being shipped as I type. Same problem as before, I can't be at home during normal business hours. I work for a living. Like most people.

My options:

-Take a day off of work and wait around the house from 9am-7pm hoping it is delivered.

-Pick up the package from one specific UPS 'Customer Service' Center between the convenient business hours of M-F, 9am-6pm. Unfortunately I would again need to take off of work to do this.

I would not have purchased this item had I know the shipper was going to be UPS. I will no longer purchase anything from any retailer that ships via UPS.

e7bf3e4d, 2008-12-21, 12:28AM CST

Suck D_ick? Homofaggot? Ignorance for ignorance. KK tybai...

e7bf3e4d, 2008-12-21, 12:34AM CST

Suck D_ick. Nigger Faggot. Ignorance for ignorance. KK Tybai!

478acdd1, 2008-12-22, 08:22PM CST

"The reason fedex drops packages is that the drivers are independent contractors. So if they leave a note they waste time and don't get paid."

Only the FedExHome division uses contractors. All the others are employees. Contractors get paid per package delivered, plus something for fuel. Everyone else is hourly.

Another reason to use FedEx - they'll try 3 times to deliver something, then hold it at the local terminal for a while (dunno how many days), before returning it to the sender.

If a package needs a signature (almost always because it's requested by the sender), sometimes the recip can sign the door tag so the package can be left the next day. [Sometimes it has to be in person, and sometimes the recip has to show ID... usually for alcohol.]

Yes, sometimes it's at the driver's discretion to get a signature - always at a business, or if there's anything hinky about the delivery... something just doesn't feel right. Better CYA with a signature than have to pay a claim.

Anonymous, 2009-06-15, 06:13PM CDT

i just got off the phone with ups this morning - a package was said to be delivered today - in 5 minutes i had 3 reasons it wasnt - everything from it was lost to it was in washington states and then it was in canada thne they gave me a different date all together for it to arrive . i point blank told ups to find the parcel and sent it back to the shipper and that i will never use ups again for nothing

f3c7bb89, 2009-06-29, 01:54PM CDT

I have had an ongoing problem with the UPS store in Rolla, MO. I shipped a box and insured it for $1000 in 12/2008. There were antiques in the box. When I received it, the box was crushed around the items. One of which was broken in 4 pieces. This item is a metal statue, wrapped in approximately 5 inches of bubble wrap. The bubble wrap was also smashed flat. The owner and manager of the store, Nancy Ettleman, was present and witnessed my wrapping and packing of the box before I shipped it. The company required me to provide pictures and an estimate for a similar item. I emailed this several times to both the UPS main location and also the local Rolla location. They told me the claim was resolved and a check was sent to the local store to be reissued to me. On 6/11/09, I called the store they told me a check would be mailed to me immediately. When no check arrived, I called back to the local store (06-16-09), the owner/manager (Nancy Ettleman) advised me the claims department of UPS is still investigating and they were advised not to mail the check. I called the main office on 6/16/09 and they said they have no idea what the manager of the Rolla store is talking about, as far as they knew this claim had been settled. They advised me to file a claim with their complaint department, which I have. I am getting no satisfaction from UPS main office or the local location. The box was insured for $1000, and a similar item was valued at $2999.

The Tracking number is 1Z X791 W542 8139 8527.

I am getting the run around and ripped off....

f3c7bb89, 2009-06-29, 02:00PM CDT

The Tracking number is 1Z X791 W542 8139 8527. Contact Phone: 573-364-0006 [email protected]

U P S Store

1028 S Bishop Ave

Rolla, MO 65401-4416

8361438f, 2009-07-24, 08:37AM CDT

I ordered a package from amazon.com and it was stated by UPS my package was delivered to FRONT DOOR. I was at work at the time they said they delivered it, and I didn't receive the package. Needless to say, I'm extremely pissed. If this is the way a so-called reputable company does business, then I'll find some other way to order packages. What makes it so bad, I work for the postal service, and I know we would never do this. It's UPS's policy to just leave the package at your home, in a place of the driver's choosing. When I tracked the pkg, it read that it was out for delivery at 6:00am est. It was not delivered to my house until 4:10pm est. Why did it take 10 hours to deliver a pkg. I leave out for work at 11:30 am est. I should have my pkg, but because of UPS delivery policies, I'm out $50 and no package. We should not have to go this sh**! packages are supposed to be delivered at OUR convenience, NOT THEIRS!!! I guess Amazon just lost a customer.

1bba2446, 2009-08-03, 10:51AM CDT

UPS HAS VERY BAD SERVICE!! I SHIP OUT A

AMPLIFIER IT GOT DAMAGE ON THE WAY THERE UPS WILL NOT COVER THE REPAIR COST UPS SAID IT WAS NOT PACK RIGHT THATS BULLSH**T ! I DEAL WITH UPS FOR 18YEARS NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM I WILL NEVER GIVE UPS A DAM PENNY OUT OF MY POCKET AGAIN ! FEDEX IS THE WAY TO GO !

600160b4, 2009-09-25, 12:42AM CDT

When a vendor uses UPS to send a package to you, they may choose a number of different services to send it (Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, Ground, etc.) For all Ground packages going to a residence, there is NEVER a guaranteed commit time. These packages are delivered between 9 am and til the End of the day. The end of the day meaning no official cut-off time, however, the driver will try diligently to deliver by 7 pm. If the customer is not home and the package requires a signature, either by the shipper in person, or by the driver due to their discretion, then an info notice is left on your door. the info notice will provide you with brief info. time slots are provided to give you a possible estamated time the driver may be in your area the following day, but sometimes the route may change. 3 attmpts are made and then the pkg can be left at the customer counter to be picked up within 5 days, or you can simply sign the back of the notice in most cases to have the drvr leave the pkg at your home in most cases. I am a manager at a UPS Customer Service Center (1-800-PICK-UPS). My advice to anyone using UPS and having any issues getting their package: contact the customer service hotline # listed and ask to speak with a supervisor right away. UPS DOES care about their customers and will try everything possible according to company policies to unite the customer with their pkg promptly. Sometimes it may be the way the shipper sent the package or a mistake on their part. Or sometimes UPS may make a mistake and completely yake responsibility for it. However, the company is run by imperfect humans whom at times may make mistakes.

87f77bc3, 2009-10-07, 05:08PM CDT

I've always used regular postal service whenever possible in the US, Canada and UK and have never been disappointed. The price almost always beats the private companies and I've never had to worry about whether it needs to be signed or wheher the person will be home during the typically arbitrary "three tries" that most private firms employ before sending your package back to you undelivered and without refund.

You should get a refund if a private mail company can't for whatever reason deliver a package to a person so long as you provided the correct information. The public systems go to much greater lengths to come through than any private company I've dealt with.

f852b431, 2009-12-15, 12:04AM CST

All delivery companies leave packages at residences, unless it is stated by the shipper to require a signature. I just got a package from the USPS and FedEx, that were left by my door. I use the garage, so it took me a couple of days to notice the packages. If it's a business, FedEx & USPS will require a signature. Them's just the rules, as they say. I worked as a driver helper during Christmas for UPS seasonally, and this was their policy for residential deliveries.

86117592, 2009-12-18, 09:20AM CST

i really hate this ups shit it is redciculious they have had a car part of mine for a week i orderd headlights the same day and got them the 2nd day from fedex.... this is bullshit i leave for flordia in two days with it being the fricking holiday time then maybe they should be sending things out on a saturday glad that my cuzin knows that i got the parts for him so he dont be expecting them to come for xmas and they can be late then i can just send them to flordia as a fedex item so he gets them a couple days when i get home and he can put his vehicle back together... i will never use ups again in my life,...

0e1481fd, 2009-12-22, 11:58AM CST

UPS has been doing a lot better with respect to customer complaints. These post's are so old that now they can tell you if it is on the truck and direct the driver to re-deliver or you can meet the driver in rout. I also know that drivers work late into the night and the chances of someone being home are greater.

571cb1d1, 2009-12-22, 02:26PM CST

My situation was that UPS lied to Harry and David stating that the package was delivered. My home office is right at the front door and I can see everything. The truck NEVER even stopped. They are making H&D resend me product and one of the products is out of order so I don't get anything to the recipient for Christmas. It will be January. I'm not doing business with any business that uses UPS. FedEX on the other hand is excellent.

64ccb977, 2009-12-24, 09:34PM CST

My house number is 1 in a small town on the only street named after a tree. Map quest finds it just fine. UPS can't. I ordered a tire rim for my daughter's car. They put it on the wrong truck. Delayed. I ordered books from Amazon. They arrived in town on the 22nd. It is now evening on the 24th; still no books. Books I ordered from Oregon at the same time via USPS got here on the 20th. There is also some craziness about signing for packages. I live in an exclusive neighborhood and the police department is a block away. There is no crime problem here. UPS has become a delivery impediment, and is no longer a reliable delivery service.

c5bb1b8e, 2010-01-08, 06:53PM CST

I ordered my "whatever" they call "the day before delivery" and send me emails saying that I have to be at my house to sign for the package. So i wait at my house all day then I called them and they said it got delyed and moved to another 3 days after the delivery date. They did not call me at all to inform me on this so i wasted my day and im going to waste another day when the new delivery day come around. If your like me you have to work if you need something delivered on time DON'T USE UPS!!!

eb68b71b, 2010-01-19, 09:47AM CST

Ups I Hate because i ordered a game on ups they came 5 days later at 6:59 Pm They said sorry for the inconvenience i said what inconvenience if my game was suppose to come Monday they said just call our costumer care center, i did they told me the same thing. So I Don't like shipping with Ups unless it's the only option with my vendor.

01738eb7, 2010-04-12, 06:47PM CDT

I just payed 126$ plus a 90$ brokerage fee for a package, I of course also had to be at home to receive my delivery, (at 11 am on a monday!)

I opened my package and my item was completely smashed, looks like it was stomped on by one of their incompetant workers.

I doubt I will see any reimbursement, the service is terrible, this is not a way to conduct business, I will never ship with UPS again.

bb2431c9, 2010-05-10, 02:23PM CDT

I do not have ANY problems with UPS. They have never lost my package, never ask for a signature, always come between 12:00 amd 7:00. The guy is very friendly. I think you are just being bias against them. You are exagerating everything. UPS is a good company and I never hear complaints about them. They ship fast too. I got a package from California to New York in 6 days. Via ground. So you can say everything you want, UPS ROCKS!

96058f9f, 2010-05-13, 08:07PM CDT

UPS did not ring bell and have the nerve to leave a notice that they attempted to deliver a package and no one was home.

I came home at 4.30 there was no notice but when my daughter came home there was a notice. Then the recording claim they came at 1pm in the afternoon. UPS is very unreliable and of course there is no way to contact them or even try to pick up parcel.

96058f9f, 2010-05-13, 08:08PM CDT

46769953, 2010-05-15, 04:10AM CDT

I HAVE ANOTHER ONE TO ADD TO UPS POOR SERVICE I HAD BEEN GETTING MY PAY CHECK FROM MY EMPLOYER FOR 6 MONTHS AND HAD GOTTEN IT BY 7 PM EVERY FRIDAY SINCE 1/19/10 WELL ON 5/14/10 THEY TOLD ME THAT THE CHECK IS LOST AND THAT THEY WOULD DELIVER IT ON THE 5/17/10 NOW THE LETTER WAS SENT TO ME ON 5/12/10 2 DAY AIR DELIVARY DATE WAS 5/14/10 BY 7PM WELL A PETE IN THE PHOENIX UPS OFFICE WENT AND CHANGED THE DELIVARY DATE TO 5/17/10 FOR NO OTHER REASION WHAT SO EVER. HE REFUSED TO DELIVER IT ON 5/15/10 AND TOLD ME THAT I COULDNT PICK IT UP EITHER, THEN HE LAUGHED AT ME WHEN I TOLD HIM I WAS CALLING BACK TO SPEAK TO HIS SUPERVISOR HE ADDED HE IS THE ONLY SUP I CLD TALK TO HE THEN HUNG UP ON ME. UPS IS A JOKE AND SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THERE RUDE MANGEMENT ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS TO HELP..

8cd96458, 2010-05-27, 11:29AM CDT

I could go on for hours about ups's incompatance and lies, thats right they are liers. I am out 200.00 bucks and all they can do is lie and lie some more NEVER AGIAN UPS!!! They dont care I was told I am only one custumer there is nothing I can do. WHAT CRAPY, RUDE, LIERS!!! They have the power, They screw us over, they dont CARE.

576a1fa0, 2010-06-14, 05:26PM CDT

I live in Virginia and work for a company in New York. I have to send packages consisting of billing invoices every few weeks. When I have an invoice ready to ship, I schedule a pick-up at my home, and usually send it 2-day air.

The Department that handles my invoices will be shutting down in a few days for vacation, so if my company wants to get paid, we need to have our invoices in ASAP. Knowing this, I scheduled a Saturday pick-up and chose one-day air service so that the package would be delivered today, Monday.

By 10PM Saturday, the package was still sitting there, never picked up. As customer service was closed by then, I had to wait until 7AM this morning to call. When I did, I was told by a very apologetic gentleman that he had put out an emergency call stating that the package MUST be picked up by 10AM. He assured me that the package would arrive in NY by end of business today. I asked him if there was a confirmation number, in case there was still a problem, so that I would have recourse to prove that I had been told it would be delivered today. He told me no, that it was UPS's mistake, and that he was gauranteeing it would be there today, because they HAD to do it.

The package was picked up by 10AM, as promised. However, when I tried to track it in the system, I could not, because it had not been scanned in yet. I called customer service again to make sure that it would be there by this afternoon. The woman I spoke to told me she could not help because the package had not been scanned in, so there was no way for her to track it, either. But she assured me THREE times that since it was picked up on Saturday for one day delivery, it would arrive today. And I explained to HER three times that no, the package had NOT been picked up on Saturday, that was the whole problem. Finally, I gave up on her, as she was useless, and went back to checking the tracking number periodically.

As of 5:30PM, my boss informed me that the package had not been delivered, and there was still no tracking info, because the package had not been scanned in. I called customer service a third time.

The woman that I spoke with told me that there was no way the package would have gotten there today unless an express emergency courier was used, and since I was not transferred to that department by the initial man I spoke to this morning, one obviously had not been used, and thus my package was most likely still sitting in my UPS processing center, not in NY.

When I told her that the man I had spoken to guaranteed my package by the end of the day, she said that was impossible, as the express courier was not contacted. All she saw noted in my file was that I had been promised the package would be PICKED UP today, not delivered. I told her that obviously they needed to go over their delivery policies with their customer service staff, as I had been guaranteed same-day delivery. She replied that all customer service operators are well aware of their policies. And I told her that that was obviously not the case, or I would not have been given my worthless guarantee.

After going back and forth a few more times, I finally told her that I expected a refund at the very least, seeing as now my company will be without a much-needed $45,000 for a month. She told me that that was impossible.

That was when I hung up. So, after UPS's failure to pick up my package as scheduled, false promises to deliver my package in one day, being given the run-around by three customer service agents and neither they not I knowing where my package was for the better part of the day, I can't even get my company a refund for the $63 delivery and pick-up charges. Talk about the final indignity. And that's not even counting my having to deal with a less-than-pleased boss and having to explain to him why he's out $45,000 for the foreseeable future.

My company uses UPS because we don't have many other options. But this experience has completely soured me on this company. One screw-up I can forgive. But forgetting my package, lying to me, making excuses, not getting it where it needed to be on time, and then not even having the decency to offer a refund are inexcusible in my book.

UPS, you need to re-train your employees as to how to offer actual customer service, as well as to go over your policies and rules, so that agents are not giving out false information. Or you could just pick up your packages in the first place. But obviously that's expecting too much from a company that derives its livelihood from delivering packages.

9ea10317, 2010-06-23, 05:15AM CDT

its called ups tracking use it. can see were ever your packages goes. Also we are the number one shipping company in the US for time shipments and damages

28686fbb, 2010-07-13, 03:27PM CDT

UPS is a joke. They ROUTINELY claim they have attempted delivery when I know for a fact they have not. No sticky note, no package, no nothing.when you call the service center they are equally as useless. I have had thing returned to the shipper and had them sent by by US mail or FedEx without difficulty. I have never had a problem with either of those. I normally will not even accept UPS as a delivery option, but call the vendor and ask for alternate shipping. On this occasion that was not possible, and low and behold the same b.s. nonsense with a LIE about attempted delivery. I contacted the svc center and they told me the driver had a lot of work and I can go meet him on the road. Are you really serious?? How do you have so much work when you're not even doing your job??? On one previous occasion when they lied and daid they attempted delivery on a day I was in my yard with the dog during the time they claimed they attempted delivery, I saw a UPS truck on my block. I went to the driver and asked him about my package, he told meitv wasn't on his truck and sometimes they're just "too busy"???????? Are you really serious? What does UPS really stand for? U Pickup ur Sh*t?? I am officially and eternally boycotting this waste of time company. If the merchant cannot ship by alternate means then we won't be doing business either.

7853c72d, 2010-07-27, 12:16AM CDT

WE ALSO HAVE A BAD EXPERIENCE W/ UPS ACCORDING TO THEIR DELIVERY STAFF ,THE PROBLEM WITH THEM THE WHOLE TEAM IN CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE ALWAYS NEW AND THEY DONT HAVE PROPER TRAINING AND ORIENTATION.

1ca3653a, 2010-08-13, 09:12PM CDT

I purchased an item online in store because they only had the item I wanted through their website. Ups delivery. ok. I kept tabs on the status of my package. It finally was "out-on-delivery'. So, like anyone else I took a whole day off of work to wait. The ups truck was outside my residence. The driver shuffled some stuff trying to find the package. Then sat back down in the driver seat and muffled something about not having the package that he was supposed to deliver to me? What? He left and I called UPS. Kept calling to find out where and whom had my package so I could track it and have myself pick it up in a ups store nearby. Thats a joke when no one knows where the dang thing is. Who has it, etc. How is this possible that they can't keep tabs on these package? How is it possible this driver left his work without having a check of delivery stock of his truck? Still awaiting delivery. Still pissed. Will file a complaint and personally go to the ups store nearby to discus this mistreatment of my time. TELL OTHERS, STATE THE FACTS, AND NEVER SEND ANYTHING THRU UPS...had a fed ex dude deliver something to the neighbor across the street the same exact time..no probs. I hate u ups!!!

40231692, 2010-09-16, 04:20PM CDT

Those who say they never had a problem with UPS are obviously either very lucky, have not used it enough or have never had the misfortune of having to go through any unusual problem solving procedure...

See everything is fine with UPS until something hits a snag. I'll admit if the shipment goes well, you won't have anything bad to say (unless you were charged brokerage fees, UPS's way of literally stealing your money - it is nothing less than theft)...

But if you have the misfortune of needing to call them about any issue, this is where you will be driven mad by their incompetent, nonchalant, condescending and arrogant support. You will be directed in circles through their pathetic support staff and possibly vow to never use their services again.

I have written online shipping tools using UPS's API's and have had to deal far too much with the clowns managing that excuse for a company. I have never seen a sequence of representatives, each more incompetent and rude than the last as you work your way up the chain. The higher your contacts at UPS, the more you'll wonder how they manage to remain in business. My take is they patch holes with the money they steal through "brokerage".

c3818335, 2010-09-16, 04:23PM CDT

cba1bb0a, 2010-09-18, 10:13AM CDT

I am currently waiting for UPS to find a lost $4,000 guitar amplifier that weighs 65lbs. and packed in a giant box. They lost it in my hometown. UPS has sent previous shipments over the years smashed to hell and back.

I dont care for UPS.

cba1bb0a, 2010-09-22, 06:44PM CDT

Update, the package never made it to me. After almost a month, UPS claims calls the seller to say the label came off..oh and by the way the box is smashed.

DONE WITH UPS.

543ee63a, 2010-10-18, 10:49AM CDT

I am going on DAY FOUR of waiting all day like a prisoner in my home for a NEXT DAY AIR package sent last week via UPS. Their customer service dept is filled with the biggest group of morons I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

I hope they go down before they get the new bailout they are asking for to give all those dickwads their bonuses.

EPIC FAIL.

08aa9aab, 2010-12-01, 02:15PM CST

UPS is terrible here's what I have to deal with. Order item, schedule for 2nd Day Before Noon Delivery. Every single time I order anything and it comes through UPS its always the last stop of the day before I get it. Why I pay for the priority service I have no clue! UPS pockets the Money and just delivers to me when they feel like it. The package I was expecting today again a two-day, before noon delivery is already late as per usual...

RR

29167bb8, 2010-12-07, 12:45PM CST

My story starts 4 to 5 years ago. I ordered a tool on line and was having it sent to my house, all seems pretty normal. Well after about two weeks I got curious and call the company to track the order. As we can all guess it was reported delivered by UPS. This is where it all went wrong. The tool manufacturer shipped a second tool out requiring a signature POD.

I won't bore you with the many episodes of attempted deliveries by UPS and how many we did not find out about until the shipper contacted us about the returned packages. I put the number at 8 at a minimum over these last 4 to 5 years

Now I live in the Northeast in a 90 year old house, with 3 steps in the center of the house up to a 24 foot X 8 foot covered porch with a railing all the way around with the center opening. Only thing on the porch is a swinging bench at one end. The mailbox is down at the end of the front walk some 35 feet from the porch.

Now my family does not receive too many packages at home during the year by UPS because of this ongoing problem, but from Thanksgiving on you never know who is going to send you something. Grandma might sends Blueberry syrup and pancake mix from Maine or Oranges from Florida. You are not in control.

Got to love when you get the call from Grandma on Tuesday evening and she wants to know if you got the Blueberry syrup and pancake mix and you know nothing about it. So you track the package on the UPS web site to find out they have made two attempts to deliver, one on Monday and one on Tuesday and you have got NO tag on the storm door for either attempt. Now remember, we have to walk out the front door to go get our mail every day. Best part is it snowed lightly, maybe 1 inch Monday night......... and Tuesday evening NO FOOT PRINTS in the snow.

So I called customer service, they told me to go and carefully look around on the porch for the tag, as maybe I did not see where the driver had stuck the notice. OK who's peeing in my ear and telling me its raining The driver obviously is a fairy who never touches the ground or took Santa's sleigh for a test ride and tried coming down my chimney. In either case NO Notice, NO Package.

UPS this is your latest pack of lies. You are anything but a professional organization. I have spoken with Customer Services people as well as people who represented themselves as Managers both local as well as in Atlanta, and I would advise anyone as a result of my several personal dealings with UPS, NEVER trust anything that comes out of a UPS employee mouth. You have more than an even chance of it being complete rubbish.

ab956b60, 2010-12-08, 03:25PM CST

UPS delivery man wants to leave our packages across the road and not come up our hill for delivery. Said would tear up truck. I have done all my Christms shopping online, I do not want my neighbor to be bothered with all those boxes. We have lived here for 11 years and UPS always has delivered here before.

Phillip Stephens

3eeb133c, 2011-01-08, 01:21AM CST

I sent a package from a UPS store in Virginia Beach, Virginia on 1/4/2011 going to Queens New York I paid for 3-day ground delivery service, the package sould be delivered on that thursday 1/7/2011 to my son, the package never got to my son, so I tracked online and got info on my damaged package was in Uniondale New York under a damage claim notification,after 5 phone calls to different UPS damage customer/damage service and no one want to tell me the truth then I was told that my package was being returned to Virginia Beach UPS store 1/10/2011 with the damaged items and I have to go to that store to see what was damaged and what UPS will do about this..UPS STINKS

0b996a43, 2011-01-11, 09:43PM CST

UPS service is not bad..it is simply HORRIBLE..they never deliver in time and alway try to leave a notice outside your door in this way they have to come back the day after and their delivery time is ALWAYS wrong..

DON't USE UPS

0b996a43, 2011-01-11, 09:45PM CST

DON't USE UPS

16c048af, 2011-02-16, 06:22PM CST

Worst delivery company, they keep your package station at there place for 2 to 3 days and you call them so that you could Pickup the package and they tell you that they can't do that just to wait for delivery. So they will deliver when ever they want not when you need the package.

This company I will never use there service again

e83c3371, 2011-02-24, 04:27PM CST

The UPS Store is individually owned and operated and is not UPS. My parent company, Mail Boxes, Etc., is owned by UPS.

eca519e1, 2011-05-03, 03:09PM CDT

UPS WORK BY MONKIES STUPID ON, NO SERVICE BY SIGNATURE BAD BAD BAD SERVICE REALY

48917f66, 2011-05-14, 09:10AM CDT

The comment on UPS site says: The receiver requested a hold for a future delivery date UPS will attempt delivery on date requested / Delivery rescheduled.

I NEVER DID! Infact I was told that today the delviery has not been assigned to any driver hence I will get it tomorrrow. WHY DID YOU NOT ASSIGN!?? No explanation.

SAD that carrefour has tied up with UPS. Delivery is poor and not on time.

380ed05c, 2011-06-08, 08:36PM CDT

This is the 4th time UPS says online that a delivery attempt was made but had NOT been made. There was someone at home watching the driveway each time. No delivery, no sticky note, nothing. Miraculously, 3rd day delivery occurs. Went round and round for hours with customer service, was lied to repeatedly. Had to request partial refund from online vendors each time. Filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Won't buy from vendors who use UPS; I'm with you guys. lol@ UPS stands for U Pick-up ur Sh*t!! Thank you for the comic relief :)

329f7669, 2011-08-11, 05:32AM CDT

ABSOLUTELY: COULDNT ORGANISE A DRINK IN THE BREWERY! EIGHTEEN HOURS WAITING FOR PROMISED PICK UP AND THEN FINALLY RING TO SAY "NOT COMING NOW" ANOTHER LOAD OF TIME. ALL I GET IS EXCUSES, EXCUSES AND CONTRADICTORY STORIES THAT SIMPLY DONT ADD UP. EITHER THEY ARE THE MOST INCOMPETENT OR IGNORANT OF COMPANIES, DONT GIVE A TOSS ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS UPS UTTERY POOR SERVICE!

78370ecc, 2011-12-20, 07:57PM CST

I know longer buy an item if the only way of shipping is by UPS. I've learned the hard way that UPS doesn't give a damn about us or our packages. I would recommend that all online sites give a shipping option or they're going to lose a lot of orders. I know many who do as I.

0b996a43, 2011-12-23, 09:48PM CST

UPS IS A HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

100s of missed deliveries

Signature requested even for a 5 dollar item

REQUESTED TO LEAVE THE PACKAGE AT FRONT DOOR

THEY NEVER HONORED MY REQUEST

USE FEDEX EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO PAY MORE

BOYCOTT THE UPS SERVICE

I HOPE THE COMPANY SHUT DOWN

31d7e1fe, 2012-01-22, 11:33PM CST

What you have related is for starters.

I sent a package from a business in WA to a business in NY and on the way (St Louis) UPS decided to hold the package for a day saying that they (get this) could not find the apartment number!

Total BS: 1) the package clearly was nowhere near the destination, and 2) a BUSINESS does not have an apartment number.

Stupidity In Action.

Well when the package got there, and nobody available to receive it.

Three attempts (days) were made and the package sat there, and a fourth attempt was made and it was refused (was COD and customer decided not to do that).

At that point the package vanished, as the online tracking said the package was still there (for a whole WEEK??).

Three calls to loco (oops..local) UPS stupidvisors resulted in four completely different "explanations", and it turned out NONE were even close to correct.

The "best" one was that it had been delivered to the source but was refused.

Fact is that the person in charge at the receipt point never saw the package AND would NEVER refuse it.

Another "explanation" was that they had to collect the COD amount FROM THE ORIGINATOR (and then send that check to the originator).

These guys are so stupid that they would not know how to fall down if pushed down.

cd77243f, 2012-03-10, 12:59PM CST

Ups (useless parcel service) worst company I've ever dealt with in the world

d9f38ceb, 2012-03-13, 03:30PM CDT

The worst service I've received! They've never tried to reach their client. I wasted 1 week and many days off work, by waiting at home for their delivery.

5fdef0c0, 2012-08-21, 07:28PM CDT

fail twice to deliver an overnight package. wasted me and my fiance time waiting outside, overnight option turns to two day option.

Natalia I., 2012-10-04, 08:17PM CDT

BAD Service ! UPS in Corona,CA 92879 !

They could not deliver one simple letter to las Vegas, to my Lawyer. Why not ? Excuse was : My Lawyer refused 2 times (!!!!!) to take the letter and make his signature !!! I called Lawyer and he said it's not true ! He still waiting for the letter !!!!!UPS return my letter back to Corona's office and did not return the money . My letter was looking very strange - dirty with huge black marks all over the envelope. They said this you can expect when you send letter with UPS!!!! Shame on you , UPS !!!!

Julie S., 2012-12-07, 02:04PM CST

Was waiting today All day for a pkg! VERY Important for my work! My dog was laying in front of the front door when driver came. Obviously he did not knock or ring the bell! I called to see if re-delivery was possible? NO, Said the driver because he had another route he needed to start. All this happens within twenty min. You can not tell me he was so far away that he could not try to redeliver! Service person on the phone said this happens a lot!!!! UPS YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3f09b827, 2013-01-25, 09:06PM CST

Package coming from overseas was supposed to be delivered on 1/24 but I wouldn't be home to sign for it. So, I went through the process of joining "My Choice" on UPS site so that I could change delivery date to 1/25. Tracking showed that package went from California to Kentucky, even though final destination is in California. On evening of 1/24 it "arrived" in my city. Then at 2 a.m., it couldn't be located and therefore was not delivered (took the day off from work to be home to sign... UPS agents gave me a whole mess of BS about how it hadn't actually arrived in my city because the tracker didn't say "received at destination" and that I couldn't use "my choice" to change the delivery date until it had arrived in my city and was "out for delivery" -- which is totally unintelligible -- and if this is the case why doesn't the app on their website tell you that? Further, if I want to change to have it delivered at a UPS store, I can't request the change until it is out for (failed) delivery to my house, and then it will be delayed by up to a week! This is logistics for you...