Ford Explorer - 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - tail gate opened while driving, despite slamming it shut

Posted on Tuesday, August 26th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by 1e401f4c

Product: 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Company: Ford Explorer

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

We bought a new 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac form fords Groves in Cape Girardeau, MO. We took it on vacation and when we stopped to get breakfast I noticed that the tail gate was opened and we lost a wheel chair, cooler, food and clothes. I had my two grandchildren with me.

I had to back track to find our belongs. When I got home I call Ford Groves and ford company. ford Groves adjusted the tail gate and told me I did not slam it. I did and I also locked it. Ford Groves put a cover on the truck and the tail gate did not catch even though I locked it.

Ford Groves showed me when they hold the cover up and close the tail gate it did not catch. ford Groves adjusted it and said they are not responsible. I call Ford Co. and they said the same thing. I have owned Ford vehicles before but now I will never own another one.

I feel that Ford Co does not care about there customers in my experience. We have to pay for the wheel chair because I rented it for my husband. You think Ford would give me some money for all our troubles.

Shirley