Posted on Wednesday, August 20th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by fe189842

Company: 1999 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Pick Up - blew out the onboard computer two times in two years

# 20 for August 19, 2003

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 18, 2003:

From:

RE: 1999 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Pick Up - blew out the onboard computer two times in two years

I will NEVER buy another Nissan product and I am telling everyone that I know, and hopefully some that I don't know, that Nissan will not stand by its product. Our '99 Nissannew-when-we purchased it, blew out the on-board computer last year when it was years old and still under warranty.

Nissan fixed it and told us that the air conditioner was venting back inside the truck, rather than to the outside, and the moisture fried the computer. A year later, now that it is out of warranty, the same thing occured. This time, Nissan North America is refusing to acknowledge that it is their problem in anyway. We are on the hook for $1300. They initially offered to cover $1000, but when my husband didn't grovel at their feet for their kindness, they withdrew the offer with the statement that "they will spend their goodwill dollars on someone who will appreciate it." Both the service managers at the dealership where the piece of junk was purchased and the dealership where it was towed last week said that the computer should last for the life of the car and they have never seen two malfunction like this. Yet Nissan North America has no concern for the owners of a $25,000 truck.