Posted on Monday, August 18th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by db1ade5f

Company: Hewlett Packard PC - pre-loaded Corel Word Perfect 10 software requires 100 mb patch to function - HP instructed to go to Corel to get solution

# 15 for August 17, 2003

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 16, 2003:

From:

RE: Hewlett Packard PC - pre-loaded Corel Word Perfect 10 software requires 100 mb patch to function - HP instructed to go to Corel to get solution

I bought a hewlett packard computer and it comes with software ( corel word perfect 10).

Well, the software does not work on this computer, they told me go go download a patch so the software can work, but the patch is 100 megs large and I have dial up so it would take three days to download this patch, along with the patch is some very technical things you must do to your computer before and after installation of the software.

So I called hp and asked them to send me the updated version which is corel wordperfect 11.

Hewlett packard does not want to do this. they want ME to call corel and pay for the service so corel can tell me ( most likely ) to download this patch.

Hewlett packard has been nothing but headaches since my last hewlett packard computer crashed. The CEO of hewlett packard even hung up on my husband after she told him how many times she heard problems about thier hp computers.

This is amazing how this company treats their customers, Look at BBB.COM and you will see the rating they give hewlett packard.. AMAZING! Thank you

Debbie