Posted on Saturday, August 10th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 3aafe455

Company: 2001 Dodge Neon - whole air conditioning system replaced - clacking sound when started

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 8, 2002:

From:

RE: 2001 Dodge Neon - whole air conditioning system replaced - clacking sound when started

I purchased a 2001 Dodge Neon last October. It was "slightly used" so we were supposed to get a better price for it. In November the whole a/c system had to be replaced. That was the start of the many visits to the Dodge service department. The car makes a clacking sound when it is started.

My husband, who has worked on cars for many years, said that the sound was associated with the lifters (which would be a major repair and costly). The car was taken to the shop numerous times. The service department naturally never heard it. They insisted that I leave the car overnight so they could cold start it since that was when the noise was more prevalent.

I left it in the shop had to rent a car at my own expense lost time from work and was frustrated by having to deal with this same problem with no results. This was left overnight at least two times. They never heard the sound. Now the car makes the noise while your driving not just when its started. I have contacted the Dodge Customer Service via letter. It has taken them over a month to respond to me.

They called my place of work last week and left me a message to call them (not an 800 number either). I have called the woman three times and have had to leave voice mail messages. Needless to say, I still haven't had any customer service. I have the records of the visits to the service department with the same complaint and no repair. I have given them ample time to respond. The next step is to start the process with the Lemon Law in my state.

Kelly H.