Posted on Friday, August 9th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by fe37b7ec

Company: Home Shopping Network - paid for, and unable to use Uniden Cell phone - phone won't work

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 7, 2002:

From:

RE: Home Shopping Network - paid for, and unable to use Uniden Cell phone - phone won't work

I bought and paid for the phone and was suppose to pay 3 times for new prepaid time. I paid twice and was told they could not sell me time because Uniden changed from Analog to Digital and the phone wouldn't work. I only was able to use the phone once, inside a home. It never worked.

I called both Uniden and Home Shopping Network. I am stuck with a phone and lots of minutes of time that I paid for and was physically unable to use. I would like my money back both for the phone and the purchased prepaid time. A local store CVS was selling them and after a week refused to sell to me because people were sending them back, it would not work. I live in Monmouth County, NJ. PLEASE HELP ME! I am on limited funds now with medical problems and I can not afford to be taken advantage of. I bought this phone in good faith. My friend buys from TV all the time. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!