Posted on Sunday, August 4th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 3ce18041

Company: 2001 Honda Accord from Airway Honda, Chicago, IL - six months new, required new brakes

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 2, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_58821#

RE: 2001 Honda Accord from Airway Honda, Chicago, IL - six months new, required new brakes

To Whom It May Concern: I purchased a 2001 Honda Accord new from Airway Honda on Pulaski in Chicago, IL. in 2001. Six months after purchasing my car the breaks went bad! I had to have a total break job. When I asked about my warranty, I was told it was not covered. I cannot see how breaks would go bad so quickly.

I feel there is a defect with the breaks. I had to pay Airway Honda around $350.00 to replace my breaks in order for them to give me my car. Would someone please explain to me, why this was not covered under my warranty (3 years) and why the breaks went bad so quickly?

Also, I had to have the breaks replaced again six months later for the same thing! Once again, I had to pay close to $300.00 in order to get my car from Airway Honda or they would not fix them! That's twice in one year! Thank you for your help. Dawn Murry

Chicago, IL 60619