1999 Toyota Corolla with 46600 KIM - $ 1,200 repair to air conditioning Hi guys, - 1999 Toyota Corolla with 46600 KIM - $ 1,200 repair to air conditioning

Posted on Sunday, August 4th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by d6485ca4

Company: 1999 Toyota Corolla with 46600 KIM - $ 1,200 repair to air conditioning Hi guys,

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 2, 2002:

From:

RE: 1999 Toyota Corolla with 46600 KIM - $ 1,200 repair to air conditioning Hi guys,

$1200 to repair air on 99 Corolla

My 99 Corolla has only 46,600 kilometers on it and the air conditioning is not working. When I took it to Pickering Toyota the girl at the service desk (Tina I believe) was very nervous about my leaving the car there she told me some of the air condioner complaints were costing $1000 to resolve.

She asked several times was I absolutely sure I wanted to leave the car. I got the feeling this was a common problem.

When my estimate for repair was finally done it was for $950 because a condenser needed to be replaced. The estimate cost me $95. With tax that is about $1200 to repair air conditioning on a car with only 46k kilometers on it.

Is anyone else having problems with Toyota air conditioners. I'd like to pool resources and get some satisfaction from Toyota. regards

Peter White