Posted on Sunday, August 25th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 956914d7

Company: eBay.com - truck pruchase not what expected - truck wouldn't pass NYS inspection

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 23, 2002:

From:

RE: eBay.com - truck pruchase not what expected - truck wouldn't pass NYS inspection

I have recently purchased a vehicle from a private seller, Marianna Sandstrum, AKA $texaslady (ebay user name) who appears to make a business of selling cars over E-Bay. After reading the vehicle description I decided to bid on the item determining that it would be worth the money since the vehicle was described as a good work truck. Upon taking delivery on the vehicle I found that the truck would never pass NYS inspection since the engine burned oil, the front supension was disabled and a variety of other items were not in functioning order. The vehicle description indicated that the seller was the owner of the car and had driven the car and that was not in fact the case. The car was purchased over the internet and then resold via the same means. After contacting the seller with my complaint I was asked what I expected and was told that she was sorry and no resolution was given. I was sent the original description that Marianna received from the titled owner of the car. Her description did not match the description I used to determine the viability of the purchase. Key parts were left out that would have swayed me from the purchase.

I contacted a lawyer and was told that the case would cost more than already lost and that time would have to be spent to travel back and forth to TX to resolve this issue. I purchased the vehicle with the intention of using it for work since my current vehicle is disabled. I am self employeed and relie on my car to transport tools and materials to my customers.