1995 Dodge Intreped - handle broken off dip stick during oil change at Wal-Mart

Posted on Sunday, August 25th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by b6a4344a

Company: 1995 Dodge Intreped - handle broken off dip stick during oil change at Wal-Mart

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 23, 2002:

From:

RE: 1995 Dodge Intreped - handle broken off dip stick during oil change at Wal-Mart

My problem started my taking my car to walmart for a oil change. Walmart broke the handle off my dip stick. The manager told me that it was a design problem with my 1995 Dodge Inteprid. He told me he has seen this problem many times in the last 6 to 8 months.

I called the Dodge dealership to find out the cost of fixing the broken stick. He quoted a price of $400.00 and that this was a very uncommon problem. The dealership said he could count on one hand the number of times they had to replace a broken dip stick in the past 5 years!

I then call a auto repair shop and explained the problem. They too have not seen or heard of this problem with my car. Again a very uncommon problem. Walmart is telling me that it is not their responsibility and will not help me.

I believe Walmart twisted the dip stick out instead of pulling it out straight thus breaking the stick off. They are calling me a lair stating the dip stick was broken before I came in for the oil change.

That is not true. The auto repair shop told me they have heard many, many complaints about Walmart Auto Service Centers. Shoddy work with no responsibility. I will never shop Walmart again.