Posted on Wednesday, August 21st, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by dc9d7858

Company: 2001 Volkswagen Passat gls - just over 12,000 miles and rotors are warped - $ 385 to replace rotors

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 19, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_58652#

RE: 2001 Volkswagen Passat gls - just over 12,000 miles and rotors are warped - $ 385 to replace rotors

The problem with my passat was that it was stoping with a vibrating sensation, i thought it was the brakes. So i took it to the dealer for inspection the car had a little over 12,000 miles. The VW dealer told me it was nothing but brake dust.

The next day the same problem was coming up i would hit the brakes and the car was vibrating to a stop, it wasn't a smooth stop.

Two weeks later i took the car back to the same dealer. This time they told me that it was the rotors, they were warp. I don't understand why it took a second time to find out the real problem. they're explanation was that I was hitting the brakes to hard.

Total price 385.00 dollar to replace rotors. I'm upset at Volkswagen because i really believe the rotors should have been under warranty.

The warranty had expired at 12,000 miles. I'm very dissapointed with Volkswagen since this is my second Volkswagen car. I will never buy a Volkswagen again.