Posted on Saturday, August 3rd, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 28674153

Company: Hartford Insurance - insurance cancelled by Hartford - did not receive cancellation paperwork - received another bill following cancellation

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 1, 2002:

From:

RE: Hartford Insurance - insurance cancelled by Hartford - did not receive cancellation paperwork - received another bill following cancellation

My parents recently held an insurance policy with Hartford. After numerous problems with the company, Hartford decided to cancel the policy. However, they neglected to send any paperwork confirming the cancelation. They proceeded to send my parents a bill for $49 dollars for the monthly premium.

When my mother called to discuss the charge, they said that the policy was cancelled too late and the premium had to be paid. They refused to listen when she said that THEY had canceled to policy, and they threatened to send the bill to collection.

Overall, my parents had to pay over $80 to this company for policies that they cancelled. Hartford is not a consumer friendly company and need some lessons is customer satisfaction.

07bbb007, 2008-10-15, 04:26PM CDT

We had a workers comp policy with them. At the end of our year, they "audited" our file, to which there had been no claims, misrepresentations or changes. They charged us an additional $5000. We paid it, cancelled our policy, and went with another company. After another month, we received another bill from them AFTER CANCELLING, saying we owed them another $4,500 on the old policy. We're seeking legal advice.