1998 Chevy Silverado Dually one ton - paint has delaminated on the roof Hello, - 1998 Chevy Silverado Dually one ton - paint has delaminated on the roof

Posted on Saturday, August 17th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by e4ebdd97

Company: 1998 Chevy Silverado Dually one ton - paint has delaminated on the roof Hello,

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 15, 2002:

From:

RE: 1998 Chevy Silverado "Dually" one ton - paint has delaminated on the roof Hello,

My name is Kenneth Olp and I own a 1998 Chevy Silverado "Dually" one ton. I purchased the truck about seven months ago from my brother in Scottsdale, AZ who bought it there new in 98.

The truck has never seen a day of work in it's life, being pampered, garage kept, and dealer maintained since day one. It's totally customized and equipped for handicap use also. Since i've owned the truck, the paint has delaminated on the roof to the size of about three feet by three feet.

Once it started peeling, it took off like crazy. I opened a case file with Chevy who has given me the "tough luck" answer ever since ("Sorry sir you're beyond your three year 36,000 mile warranty). I took the truck to the local Chevy dealer here in Bossier City, LA and they confirmed it was a clear case of delamination. The manager of the body shop there informed me also the delamination problem is covered out to five years in some cases but could not give me more info than that.

He contacted Chevy customer service and informed them I had a legitimate complaint with the delamination and that the truck appeared to be very well taken care of. I even agreed to cost share the repairs with Chevy but they are still adamant about telling me there is nothing they can do. Their stand on it is that the truck is beyond it's three year 36,000 mile warranty.

Just what the ???? does that have to do with the paint flying off the roof. I see so many other Chevy's that have the same problem although most are a few years older than mine. I know there a lot of very frustrated people out there who received the same treatment from Chevy as I did and feel there is no recourse.

Now my question to the audience out there is do I have another recourse or is major corporation Chevy going to bully the little guy by cowarding behind their 3/36 policy and get away with it? Anyone with information out there that may be helpful in resolving this without lots of legal hassle and cost would be greatly appreciated. By the way, it's for sale too.

Email responses to: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_34734#