Posted on Friday, August 16th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 1228d617

Company: 1997 Chevy 4x4 truck - loud clunking and jerking in the transmission - $ 1,400 to fix

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 14, 2002:

From:

RE: 1997 Chevy 4x4 truck - loud clunking and jerking in the transmission - $ 1,400 to fix

I have a 1997 Chevy 4x4 truck. For the past several months, I have had a loud clunking sound and jerking in the transmission when it shifts from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd. Then the "Check Engine" light comes on. I took it to a transmission service center for a diagnostic check.

They basically told me the problem before even looking at it. They said they fix several of them a month with that same problem. WOW, GREAT PRODUCT!!!

They then hooked up the computer, it confirmed it.

After reading several web-sites and complaints, it seems that this is a problem that has affected thousands of people.

I believe that we are being ripped off by GM and that they should be flipping the bill to fix the problem. The estimates I have received state it will cost me approx $1,400.00 to fix it.

If anyone has had this problem and found a remedy or has dealt with GM on this matter, Please reply and offer me guidance.

Thank you.