Posted on Friday, August 16th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 2b458df0

Company: 1999 Saab 95 - electrical problems too numerous to count - turbo replaced at 41,000 miles - other problems

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 14, 2002:

From:

RE: 1999 Saab 95 - electrical problems too numerous to count - turbo replaced at 41,000 miles - other problems

I leased a 1999 Saab 95 in August of 1999 as a new vehicle with 25 miles. Beginning in September of 99, I began to have problems with the electrical system which continued until September of 2001. Since I leased the car, it has been in the shop for repairs a total of 10 times with electrical system problems too numerous to count, the turbo had to be replaced at 41,000 miles and now at 65,000 miles I've been told that the short block needs to be replaced.

This car has never run well. It has stopped dead at 90 mph on the interstate. The radio melted and blew up, the alternator was putting out enough voltage "to light a house" and the engine has blown twice despite regular maintenance.

Two factory recalls were made and the car was taken in for these at the time of notification. In the past 3 years, I have had several conversations with the two dealerships that serviced the car, and Saab USA's legal department. I have simply asked to be released from the lease agreement and we would call it even but have never had any resolve from these issues.

It took Saab nearly two years to find the problems with the electrical system and now the engine is shot. There are still problems with the electrical system but I can't get the dealership to acknowledge this. I am now being told that it will cost me over 5000 dollars to replace the short block, now that the car is out of warranty.

The turbo engine, o rings, gaskets, etc were all replaced under warranty at 41,000 miles. All I have asked Saab was to let me out of the lease or replace the car with another one although I am very hestitant to ever own another Saab. My husband's 1989 9000 Turbo was excellent and never gave him any trouble. It has 285,000 miles on it.

That is why I leased the 95 but it has been a nightmare since I got it. I have specific dates and information on all the repairs that have been made on the car and all maintenance information. Please help me find resolution to this problem. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau, as well and filed a complaint against Saab. Sincerely,

Melinda Amburgey

4054f86d, 2008-05-05, 01:08PM CDT

saab is made by jet enginers saab made jets before cars i have a saab 95 2.3 liter turbo ,some aftermarket parts,what you had somebody raged out and never took care of it.i have replaced my whole turbo system at 100.000,never before then, motor got rebuilt,by choise.but no problems before then.alarm system gave problems but thats it.have had chevys, fords mazda all.SAAB IS THE BEST.