Posted on Friday, August 16th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 7f90c52f

Company: Northland Fountain Tire Store, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - refuse to honor Goodyear warranty

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 14, 2002:

From:

RE: Northland Fountain Tire Store, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - refuse to honor Goodyear warranty

I purchased five new Goodyear tires for my Jeep from the Northland Fountain Tire store in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with the understanding that Fountain Tire would warranty the tires against punctures etc.

I had a problem with one of the tires at just under 20,000kms and Fountain Tire refused to cover it...the "gentleman" I purchased them from for $1500 said he had never seen me before and Goodyear tires had no warranty on them, but he would be happy to sell me a new one. I contacted Goodyear themselves and while they weren't the friendliest, they did agree to replace the tire for me...I would just have to go to a Fountain Tire and pick it up. I went to four Fountain Tire stores and

EVERY one of them refused to honour Goodyear's offer to replace the tire. I found a location that finally replaced it, but it seemed like such an imposition to them. I love my Goodyear tires and it's time for new ones, but unfortunately, I will NEVER buy them again because Fountain Tire is the ONLY outlet that sells them in Canada and I refuse to give my hard earned money to a company that is so lacking in customer service.

I have made my feelings known to both Goodyear and Fountain Tire and have not yet received any return correspondence from either of them. I get the feeling that after either of them gets your money, they would be happy if you simply fell off the face of the earth...until you need to buy another set of tires of course.

10ca4c06, 2009-10-01, 11:03PM CDT

I was just about to purchase new Goodyear tires at Fountain Tire and after reading this, I will buy my tires somewhere else. They just lost $1,000 that I need to spend on new tires. Customer service is very important to a business.

Words goes around very fast and due to this complaint I bet you they are going to lose hundreds of thousand of dollars in the long run.

Thanks for posting this complaint.

3d5b221d, 2010-06-24, 12:31PM CDT

I also found Fountain Tire to have horrible customer service. They seem to have accumulated all the *ssholes in the city somehow, its hard to even get a quote out of them.