Posted on Wednesday, August 14th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by d5eb380e

Company: Ford Focus - car didn't get 25 - 31 mpg mileage promised - got lower mileage than expected

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 12, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_58733#

RE: Ford Focus - car didn't get 25 - 31 mpg mileage promised - got lower mileage than expected

I just found out about your site and wish I had known of it previously. I, too, had the worst exprerience as an owner of a Ford Focus. I was sold a car that would get anywhere from 25 - 31 mpg. HA! What a joke. If I got 24 mpg, I considered myself lucky. Had the car checked out several times, each time I was told that I was getting 34 City, 36 Highway mpg.

Funny, my gas charges every 3 - 4 days were telling me something different. In the year (the longest year) that I owned this car, it had two major factory recalls, once for a stabilizer bar and one for a wheel something-or-other, cost a fortune in gas and nearly drove me insane!

I, too, bought the car because it was rated as the "car of the year!" What a joke. NEVER WILL I EVER PURCHASE A FORD PRODUCT AGAIN. I took quite a loss on the value when I went back to foreign-made vehicles. Thanks for listening. I hope others won't go through what I went through