Maid Pro, La Verne, CA - unhappy home cleaning experience Maid Pro in La Verne, California cleaned my home & charged me $200. Within the first hour the 2 females were here one of them broke a L - Maid Pro, La Verne, CA - unhappy home cleaning experience

Posted on Sunday, August 11th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 3ea21b00

Company: Maid Pro, La Verne, CA - unhappy home cleaning experience Maid Pro in La Verne, California cleaned my home & charged me $200. Within the first hour the 2 females were here one of them broke a L

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 9, 2002:

From:

RE: Maid Pro, La Verne, CA - unhappy home cleaning experience Maid Pro in La Verne, California cleaned my home & charged me $200. Within the first hour the 2 females were here one of them broke a Lladro figurine I had on a coffee table. The maid who broke it just giggled about it. During their cleaning they used a SWIFFER on my tile floor in the entry, bar & kitchen - no vacuming first & no mop.

Their over all cleaning was about a 5 on a scale 1 - 10...10 being great. The 2 were asked to clean the blinds, the counters, & the cupbord fronts in the kitchen - no mention of the oven...which is self cleaning. After the 2 maids left we noticed they sprayed oven cleaner in the self cleaning oven. The cleaner was allowed to drip down from the top oven to the bottom & in route took off the finish on the polished aluminum between the 2 ovens on the outside of the ovens!

The cleaner from the bottom oven dripped down to a wood drawer eating off the finish from the drawer. Both ovens were left with a MESS of dried up oven cleaner in them. The owner of Maid Pro in La Verne came to my house to inspect the damages. He took the polished aluminum piece off the outside of the oven with him to have it re-coated/plated/polished.

My husband told him where to take it to have it done. When he returned the piece he SPRAY PAINTED IT silver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did not take it anywhere but his garage! He tried to pull a fast one on me!!! I told him it was not acceptable & if it was not corrected he would be looking at buying us a new oven. A few days later he had the piece polished how it should be. Not as good as it was but it will do.

He also presented me with a check for the broken Lladro. Not once did he offer to clean my house for free, etc. The worst part is that when I told him I got mad that he tried to pull a fast one on me by spray painting the aluminum piece - he laughed! Word to the wise - in my opinion --- either clean your own home or don't use Maid Pro in La Verne.