2002 KIA Sportage - making ticking noise - new transfercase put in vehicle

Posted on Friday, August 2nd, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 971903ed

Company: 2002 KIA Sportage - making ticking noise - new transfercase put in vehicle

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 31, 2002:

From:

RE: 2002 KIA Sportage - making ticking noise - new transfercase put in vehicle

I purchased a 2002 Kia Sportage on May 30 ,2002. Within a month it was making a ticking noise. I took it back to the dealer on July 2. They couldnt find the noise and a week later asked me to pick it up. I went up there (37 miles to this dealer) and asked to have a mechanic ride with me. Sure enough I hear the noise. Not as loud as it does get but it was there and it does get louder.

They kept the car again. For the next two weeks they claimed when I called they couldnt find anything. I finally contacted the Lemon Law people. I started procedures for that. I guess that got Kia on there backs. Kia was trouble shooting with the mechanic.. They have finally decided to put a new transfer case in. My husband told them he thought it was coming from there on July 2.. Maybe my husband should work for them.

Anyway the car is still there. It is now July 31st and I have heard nothing since last Friday morning. Kia themselves have ignored me. I cant believe a manufacturer handles themselves in this manner.

The dealer has been better but kia is refusing to talk to me.

I had two other kias wouldnt you think as a loyal customer they would help me.. Guess not. If it isnt the transfer case which they are not sure of I am then going for the Lemon Law.. Enough is enough.

Carla