Transmission 1996 Thunderbird I started experiencing trouble with the transmission on my 1996 Thundebird towards the end on June 2001, when my car reached 37,000 miles. I was experiencing a - Automotive, 1996 Ford Thunderbird trouble with transmission at 37,000 miles

Posted on Friday, August 10th, 2001 at 12:00am CDT by 157f74de

Company: Transmission 1996 Thunderbird I started experiencing trouble with the transmission on my 1996 Thundebird towards the end on June 2001, when my car reached 37,000 miles. I was experiencing a

Complaints.com received the following e-message on August 9, 2001:

From:

RE: Transmission 1996 Thunderbird I started experiencing trouble with the transmission on my 1996 Thundebird towards the end on June 2001, when my car reached 37,000 miles. I was experiencing a shuttering upon excelaration and any time the transmission was due to shift.

The Ford dealer I dealt with told me they couldn't help me because my warranty ran out at 36,000 miles and the expense would be mine. It got so bad I had to take it to a local Cottman facility only to find out that the Torque Convertrer was bad and distributed excessive metal through the entire transmission. It cost me $1800 to have repaired.

I wrote a letter to Ford Motor Company asking for re-imbursement on 8/1/01 with no response so far(8/9/01). Will never purchase another Ford as my husbands 1991 F-150 had to have a new transmission installed at 80,000 miles at the cost of $3,800.00 in August of 2000! Does Ford want repeat customers? Obviously NOT!