Posted on Wednesday, April 16th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by ed41ea69

Company: 2002 BMW 745i - has been towed twice by BMW - sitting in service department for over 1 week

# 6 for April 15, 2003

Complaints.com received the following on April 14, 2003:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_25514#

RE: 2002 BMW 745i - has been towed twice by BMW - sitting in service department for over 1 week

COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_25514# BMW- the ultimate driving machine? or the Ultimate pain in the you know what! I purchased a brand new 2002 745i series. Top of the line, the cost over 80,000 I have had nothing but problems with this car, it has been towed twice by BMW and is now sitting in the BMW service department for over 1 week, they don't know what the problem is and in the mean time I am driving one of their loaner cars, which is not comparable with the car I purchased.

I have sent numerous letters, fax's and made several phone calls, no one has contacted me to advise me of what is going to happen. The car misfires, stalls and warning lights flash, along with other lights blinking. It has been a very scary thing, I am not satisfied with the performance of this car and find it to be very unreliable. In my business I drive important clients around and make long business trips, so you can see why I am so frustrated, and I am afraid to even drive the car for sake that it may break down at anytime, forget roadside assistance, when I can't even get regular common customer assistance. What to do next?

I want to report it to the news and let everyone know that BMW is not standing up to their name, I have already made a complaint to consumer affairs and II have left messages with the Manager of customer relations at World BMW, I just don't know what else to do at this point.

I would like my deposit back and the car payments that I made back as well, I am paying for a car that has been in the shop for more then 50% of the time I have owned it. Buyers beware! all the fancy gadgets that BMW has to offer just spells trouble! They have a complete concierge staff but what good does that do when you can't drive the car! I just don't get it and any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.