1999 Chevrolet Silverado Ext Cab LS - 1999 Chevrolet Silverado Ext Cab LS - parking lights turn on by themselves when it rains

Posted on Tuesday, April 15th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by 414818d7

Company: 1999 Chevrolet Silverado Ext Cab LS

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

I would like to make a complaint about my Chevrolet Silverado. It's a 1999 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LS, new body style. I just bought the vehicle used from Tracy Chevrolet, CA, about a month ago.

Every time it rains the parking lights magically come on by themselves. For example, I went home yesterday after work, parked the truck in the driveway, locked it up and went in the house.

When I came back out 9 hours later to go to work again the parking lights were on and the bell inside the cab was ringing. I know that they weren't on when I got out of the vehicle, I know I would have noticed the bell for sure.

And anyway, I come home in the dark. This has happened before. I took the vehicle to Sierra Motors in Jamestown, CA, and they told me nothing was wrong with it because they couldn't duplicate the problem.

It wasn't raining that day. It's happening more and more and it's really starting to be annoying. The only way to get them to go off is to disconnect the battery. Teresa