Posted on Saturday, April 12th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by 6ba4d3d6

Company: 1998 Ford Contour - will periodically take a very long time to fill with gas - 25 minutes to fill 12.5 gallons

Complaints.com received the following on April 10, 2003:

From: Deserie Rowley [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_25580#]

RE: 1998 Ford Contour - will periodically take a very long time to fill with gas - 25 minutes to fill 12.5 gallons

I have a piece of junk 1998 Ford Countour.

I have spoken to many people about a problem with putting gas in their Contour's and the fact that it will periodically only take .20 at a time. I have ALOT of patience, however one day it literally took me 25 minutes to put in 12.50 gallons of gas. THIS IS RIDICULOUS~~ When the timing belt went out in my car it caused so much damage to the engine i had to replace the engine. About 1 week later my starter went out.

Needless to say I AM NOT HAPPY WITH FORD.

I have phoned Ford about the GAS problem that occurs. They have told me that when my tank gets close to being empty that I have to open the gas cap and let my car sit for approx 5 minutes before putting gas in. Even as RIDICULOUS as that sounds I've tried for up to 10 minutes with many people angry with me, it still doesnt work. Ford knows of the problem, yet no recall has ever been issued.

Needless to say, I want to buy American however I have never had a problem with my 1991 Honda Accord! This has left a sour taste in my mouth for American Cars, I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER AMERICAN CAR AGAIN!! Deserie Rowley