Posted on Tuesday, April 9th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 54f32641

Company: 1999 ford windstar - have replaced a transmission, struts, rotors, a leak in the evaporator system, etc.

# 10 for April 8, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on April 7, 2002:

From: S. Richters [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_25300#]

RE: 1999 ford windstar - have replaced a transmission, struts, rotors, a leak in the evaporator system, etc.

dear sir or maam:

i recently have been reading a list of complaints about ford motor company, and am wondering if ANYONE has had anything done, and if they have please let me know asap, because like the rest of them, all i get is run-around.

i have a 1999 ford windstar. purchased exactly 1 year ago, and dropped more money in it than i would buying a pinto. i have replaced a transmission, struts, rotors, a leak in the evaporator system, a control module, wiperblade motor (serious fire hazard), and now im looking at replacing a catalic convertor, and there is a vaccum leak detected in my engine.

luckily i purchased a warranty, but it has only covered less than 50% of my out of pocket expenses. and to top it all off, since the warranty is private and not from ford, the ford company here wont even look at my van.

this piece of crap has left me stranded out of state with 3 children, and were trying to plan our every year vacation, and dont even know what to drive.

i need a second job to keep the damn thing running, i am in dire need of info that will get me somewhere, as i see that ford dont really care about their consumers.

please e-mail me at COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66288#