DIRECTTV - free previews are available to select higher paying customers only I have Direct Tv basic package plus Starz. This weekend Direct is having a Free Preview Weekend on a - DIRECTTV - free previews are available to select higher paying customers only

Posted on Sunday, April 7th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 7389970c

Company: DIRECTTV - free previews are available to select higher paying customers only I have Direct Tv basic package plus Starz. This weekend Direct is having a Free Preview Weekend on a

# 7 for April 6, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on April 5, 2002:

From: Ronnie & Teresa Swilling [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_25320#]

RE: DIRECTTV - free previews are available to select higher paying customers only I have Direct Tv basic package plus Starz. This weekend Direct is having a Free Preview Weekend on all movie channels. I received a flyer in my monthly statement. Today April 5th 2002 the free channels did not come on. I called and was told it was only for Total Choice customers ( the next price package upgrade).

I complained and asked for a supervisor and waited ten minutes and called back and was given a supervisor who I asked to let me view the free weekend. She could not, it was for higher paying customers only. If the marketing department would THINK - - if I had the freeview I might upgrade!!

I feel this is discrimination--very unfair. Two weeks ago Starz Movie Channel offer a freeview and I changed my current movie station to Starz. But Direct Tv offers their freeview to select higher paying customers only.

Thanks,