AIG AUTO INSURANCE - only paid for 4 days rental car - repair took two weeks

Posted on Thursday, April 4th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 93e7b7d0

Company: AIG AUTO INSURANCE - only paid for 4 days rental car - repair took two weeks

# 1 for April 3, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on April 2, 2002:

From: Jewyll Williams [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_25368#]

RE: AIG AUTO INSURANCE - only paid for 4 days rental car - repair took two weeks

FROM:COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_25368# RE: AIG INSURANCE I AM ALSO HAVING MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH AIG INSURANCE. I WAS INVOLVED IN A HIT AND RUN ACCIDENT IN FEBURARY. A 2 CHECKS WAS SENT TO MY HOUSE. ONE FOR REPAIR AND ONE TO GET A RENT A CAR FOR 4 DAYS. I RECEIVED THESE CHECKS 1 MONTH AFTER MY CAR WAS ESTIMATED. ALONG WITH THESE CHECKS AIG GAVE ME 3 BODY SHOPS THAT I COULD GO TO THAT WOULD TAKE THE CHECK AMOUNT. AFTER CALLING THESE BODY SHOPS AIG FORGOT TO MENTION THE SHOPS WOULD ALSO CHARGE ME EXTRA FEES FOR LABOR AND TAX FEES TO FIX THE DAMAGES.

THEREFORTH THE REPAIRS WERE MORE THAN THE CHECK AMOUNT THEY SENT ME. ALSO THE 3 BODY SHOPS THEY FOUND WERE OUT OF MY STATE LIVE IN PA.. THEY COULD ONLY LOCATE BODY SHOPS IN NEW YORK, ILLINOIS, CALIFORNIA, WHEN I FINALLY FOUND THE BODY SHOP WITH THE CHEAPEST OFFER IN THE PA .I STILL HAD TO PAY 600.00 MORE TO COVER THE ENTIRE REPAIR. THE COMPLAINT THAT I HAVE ABOUT AIG IS THEY GAVE ME ONLY 4 DAYS COVERAGE FOR A RENTAL CAR. 20 DOLLARS A DAY. WHICH WAS NOT ENOUGH. IT TOOK 2 WEEKS FOR MY CAR TO BE REPAIRED..

AND THE MAJOR PART THAT PISSED ME OFF WAS THAT AIG AUTO INSURANCE GAVE ME A CHECK WITH NOT ONLY MY NAME ON IT BUT THEY ALSO PUT MY CAR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION NAME ON THE CHECK . THEREFORTH I COULD NOT CASH THE CHECK TO REPAIR THE DAMAGES UNTIL I GOT TRANSOUTH FINANCIAL INSTITUTION CORPORATION TO SIGN OFF ON THE CHECK ALSO. I HAD TO MAIL THE CHECK OFF TO THIS CORPORATION. IN THE MEAN TIME I HAD TO PAY OUT OF POCKET FOR MORE TIME ON THE RENT A CAR.. I ENDED UP PAYING THE FULL AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR THE CAR REPAIR 1,500 DOLLARS. IF I DIDN'T PAY I WOULD HAVE HAD TO PAY ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR STORAGE FEE FROM THE AUTO BODY SHOP WHICH WAS 35.00 AND MORE FEES FOR THE RENT A CAR... I NEEDED MY CAR BACK. I AM STILL WAITING AROUND FOR TRANSOUTH TO SIGN OFF ON THE CHECK AND MAIL IT BACK TO MY HOUSE SO THAT I CAN CASH IT.. AIG TO ME IS THE WORSE INSURANCE I HAVE EVER HAD. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER NEEDS. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING. THEIR RULES AND REGULATIONS ARE THE WORSE I HAVE EVER KNOWN OF. IM PAYING 2500.00 EVERY SIX MONTH FOR FULL COVERAGE ON AN FINANCED INFINITI G20.

FOR THAT PRICE I DESERVE MUCH BETTER SERVICE FROM A CAR INSURANCE COMPANY.. AIG IS NOT WORTH PAYING THIS MUCH FOR TO COVER MY CAR. IN RETURN THE SERVICE I GET FROM AIG IS THAT I HAVE TO COME OUT OF MY OWN POCKET AND WAIT AROUND TO GET REIMBURSED. AND THEY MAKE IT 10 TIMES HARD TO REIMBURSE PEOPLE.. WHAT THE HECK AM I PAYING 2500 EVERY SIX MONTH FOR. TILL THIS DAY I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY MY CAR FINANCIAL CORPORATION HAD TO GET INVOLVE WITH MY CAR REPAIRS. THE CAR WASN'T TOTALED, IT NEEDED REPAIR.. THE FINANCE CORPORATION HAD NO BUSINESS BEING APART OF THAT AFFAIR AT ALL. ALL THIS MONEY THAT I SPEND ON FULL COVERAGE FROM THE AIG INSURANCE.. I ALWAYS COME OUT POCKET AT THE END OF THE DEAL AND PAY MORE THAN WHAT AIG COVER. ITS LIKE I PAY EVERYTHING MYSELF. IM PAYING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS JUST SO THE LAW CAN SAY I HAVE COVERAGE ON MY CAR.. AIG AUTO INSURANCE IS BULLCRAP AND I DO NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO GET AIG AUTO INSURANCE. I SWITCHED TO STATE FARMS CAR INSURANCE..WHICH I FEEL IS THE BEST AROUND RIGHT NOW. AIG AUTO INSURANCE COMPANY IS A BIG MONEY MAKING SCAM. LIKE CHASE MANHATTAN AIG DON'T COVER YOUR CAR THEY ROB PEOPLE POCKETS OF THEIR MONEY. SINCERELY

JEWYLL WILLIAMS