Posted on Wednesday, April 24th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by de2e65b9

Company: Wireless USA, Ft. Lauderdale, FL - WorldCom Wireless - didn't sign up for service

# 23 for April 23, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on April 22, 2002:

From: RICHARD JACOBS [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_25016#]

RE: Wireless USA, Ft. Lauderdale, FL - WorldCom Wireless - didn't sign up for service

I received a postcard today informing me that WorldCom Wireless is proud to be my wireless service provider. It also say's that in the next few weeks, I'll receive the first bill for my new wireless service. And a brochure will be sent to help me to understand the charges, the billing format will be enclosed.

I NEVER SIGNED ANYTHING TO SAY THAT I WAS ACCEPTING WORLDCOM WIRELESS AS MY WIRELESS SERVICE PROVIDER.

WIRELESS USA, FOR MORE TALK 931 NE 62nd STREET, FT LAUDERDALE, FL 33334 Phone (954) 343-0701 ( Authorized dealer for MCI WORLDCOM ) sent a wireless phone to me on April 12,2002 ,with a service agreement for WORLDCOM WIRELESS. A customer copy and a Region copy to sign and return as acceptance for the phone and WorldCom Wireless service.

THIS WAS SENT TO ME WITHOUT MY CONSENT. I mailed the phone back to WIRELESS USA AND INFORMED THEM THAT I DID NOT VERIFY THAT IT BE SENT TO ME, and that I didn't want the phone and not to bother me again.

I called 1-800-254-8991 (the number that the letter from Wireless USA had down to call to cancel the line. I spoke to Kathy at WorldCom Wireless) I told her that I was sent the phone without my consent and that I DID NOT WANT TO HAVE WORLDCOM WIRELESS AS MY SERVICE PROVIDER. Kathy took the cell number down that was sent to me and CANCELLED THE ACCOUNT THAT I NEVER VERIFIED MY ACCEPTANCE FOR in the first place!!!!!!!! I have already returned the phone back to WIRELESS USA . by U.S. Postal Service, Delivery confirmation receipt. It was received by Wireless USA.

I DID NOT SIGN ANY SERVICE AGREEMENT FOR THE PHONE OR THE WORLDCOM WIRELESS SERVICE. I NEED KAREN WILLIAMSON , IN CUSTOMER SERVICE TO PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS MATTER IMMEDIATLY .

Darlene