1996 GMC Jimmy - DEX-COOL coolant problems - had to get coolant system flushed

Posted on Wednesday, April 17th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 64af1e29

Company: 1996 GMC Jimmy - DEX-COOL coolant problems - had to get coolant system flushed

# 5 for April 16, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on April 15, 2002:

From: Lory Brandais [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_25163#]

RE: 1996 GMC Jimmy - DEX-COOL coolant problems - had to get coolant system flushed

I have a 1996 GMC Jimmy with all kinds of cooling system problems. These problems all stem from the antifreeze GMC using.

It is called DEX-COOL, and it has completely clogged up my coolant system. I have had to spend a considerable amount of money getting my coolant system flushed and, in general, fixed. Not to mention the continuous gurgling sound that continues to plague my heater core.

The radiator cap says the coolant should last for at least 100k miles and does not need to be checked until 50k miles. Now, because it was not checked, I have all these problems. I know I am not alone. I hope there is someone who can help.

Thanks,

Lory Brandais

d8096e3c, 2008-11-28, 08:49PM CST

as a mechanic all i can say is youa sked for it by not checking up on the level of your coolant at a regular interval. it doesnt matter if the cap or book says 50 or 100 thousand what about that leak and if you took your vehicle to a gm certified mechanic they would check it for you at every oil change. oh yea and please tell me that you change you oil every 3000 or 3 months if you dont you have NO room to complain.