Applebee's Restaurant, Dickson City, PA - poor quality service

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on April 13, 2002:

From: roberta [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_25203#]

RE: Applebee's Restaurant, Dickson City, PA - poor quality service

COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66271#

My husband and two children visited the Applebee's Restaurant in the Viewmont Mall in Dickson City, PA last evening. Jason was our waiter. He started out alright but went QUICKLY downhill. He spilled my husband's Coke and never apologized, nor did he bring a new one right away and LEFT the old one on the table until my husband asked for it to be taken away!!!

Then the appetizer came. It's a good thing that fingers were invented before silverware, because we had none. I asked for some, he laughed, then brought it. He then brought out more drinks with one tucked under his arm pit!!! I asked for a raspberry ice-tea refill and got a regular with lemon. When we were finished, he tossed a greasy receipt on the table and disappeared.

We found the cash register and proceeded to take care of it ourselves until he spotted us and 'grabbed' the money and counted out loud and ASKED IF WE WANTED THE CHANGE BACK!!! I took my husbands arm and escorted him out...still with wet pants!! We'll continue to go in the mall, but NEVER ever back to Applebee's.

Roberta Bayly

COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_25203#

Please contact Applebee's for me. I don't think they really care.