US Airways - Reward Program

Posted on Monday, September 1st, 2014 at 9:31pm CDT by be72a93a

Product: Airlines

Company: US Airways

Category: Airlines

I am a frequent flyer reward member. In Feb., I redeemed my 20,000 miles (slow season) and paid $110.00 for a trip on Feb. 11 and return Feb. 12. On Feb. 11, I received an automated phone message about cancellation of my returning flight due to the ice storm in NC. I also received an email about this cancellation and directed me to contact the airlines by phone or rebook online. I called the given phone number but never got any answer. No other choice, I rebooked my returning flight the next day (Feb 13) because no flight available. I had to pay for the ticket in order to complete my rebooking. That afternoon, I received another notice of flight cancellation due to the ice storm moving to NYC. I then rebookked online for the next day (Feb 14), which I was able to return home. I lost wages, food, ans shelter expenses for the 2 days extended stay. However, I was charged for my returning flight for rebookking. I contacted the airlines customer relation but was bouncing around. Customer Relation told me to contact the refund department, and the Refund Dept. advised me to contact Customer Relation. I received $5 refund for part of the fees paid during my miles redeem. No refund of money or mileage. To the point that I gave up and just paid for it. It's not worth to pay for the annual membership fee of $89 because there are blackout days and you pay additional fee to redeem your miles. Also mostly it requires 45,000 miles for around trip if you travel on weekend. Be aware and be careful! Do not fall into their trap about reward program. It's SCAM.

355a0d64, 2014-09-18, 05:07PM CDT

I have to agree with you regarding US Airways service as well as their customer relations service- in one word: Terrible!