NordicTrack - Icon Fitness - NordicTrack Customer Service Fails

Posted on Monday, August 11th, 2014 at 2:35pm CDT by Jason L.

Product: NordicTrack Treadmills

Company: NordicTrack - Icon Fitness

Location: PETERBOROUGH, QC, K9J 6X8, CA

URL: http://www.nordictrack.ca/

Category: Products, Services

Review of NordicTrack - A complete failure in customer service ? can?t imagine how they would be once they had my money!

I placed an order online with them from their Canadian website on Wed. July 30th, 2014 for a $1,700 treadmill ? got confirmation email right away providing a link to check on shipping. On Friday after 48 hours I checked on shipping link ? nothing updated so I called customer service. Was advised that the model I ordered was out of production and no longer available. Received apology and was offered to upgrade to the next model at no charge. I agreed to the upgrade and was sent a new order confirmation (353708) showing the new model number and shipping link. At this time I was told that shipping is typically 7-10 business days but as they ship out of Quebec and I am in Ontario I could see it fairly quick. Next Wed (7 days since original order placed) I called in again as I still saw no change in shipping ? was now told that no product existed in Canada and it would be shipping from the USA and that might not happen for 2-3 weeks which means it could be 3-4 weeks before it arrived at my house. Told CSR I was not happy with that timeframe and suggested if he could not do better that I would look elsewhere and possible be calling back to cancel my order. CSR seemed unconcerned with the possibility of a cancelled order. Wife wanted this model, so we decided to stick it out. Next Monday I decided to call back to see if their story was the same. After 20+ minutes on hold and talking to 2 different departments I finally was told by a customer service manager named Sandra Tondini that the not only was my original order discontinued but the new model they moved me to was no longer in production and that any stock of other models in Canada would not be seen until OCTOBER!! I told her that was completely unacceptable and wondered how a company who failed to notify their customers about discontinued product twice could then say it would be 2 months before product would be made available. She could not answer but pointed blame at other departments and would only agree to either let me wait or cancel my order. By the way ? both discontinued models 2150 and 2250 are still showing available for sale and in stock on their website!

0/5 for order taking

0/5 for website content

0/5 for shipping/stocking

0/5 for customer service after sale

I will not be purchasing any product from NordicTrack or Icon Health and Fitness.