GARRY'S AUTO SALES - SELLING A BAD PICKUP TRUCK

Posted on Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014 at 6:55pm CDT by Delbert H.

Product: 2000 CHEVROLET Z71 4WD PICKUP

Company: GARRY'S AUTO SALES

Location: 1831 UNIVERSITY DR
DUNBAR, PA, 15431, US

URL: https://www.garrysautosales.com

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

DON'T BUY USED VEHICLES AT GARRY'S AUTO IN DUNBAR, PA. I REALLY THOUGHT I HAD A GOOD DEAL ON MY 2000 CHEVY Z71 THAT I BOUGHT (I UNDERSTAND) AS IS. i MADE MY PURCHASE IN NOVEMBER 2013. I WAS TOLD AND EVEN SHOWN A COPY OF CARFAX REPORT THAT NOTHING WAS MAJOR WRONG WITH VEHICLE. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING TO NORTH DAKOTA NOW, SO I MADE A LONG DRIVE TO LOOK AT PROPERTIES. I FOUND AND BOUGHT ONE AND ON MY WAY BACK THE REAR END DIFFERENTIAL LOCKED UP ON ME. I'M LUCKY I WAS NOT ON FREEWAY WHEN IT LOCKED UP. ... THE TOW TRUCK DRIVER WHO WAS A MECHANIC FOR OVER 30 YEARS SHOWED ME WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS. HE POINTED OUT THE DIFFERENTIAL CASE HAD ALMOST ALL NEW BOLTS, WHICH INDICATED IT HAD BEEN WORKED ON. DOES NOT SHOW ON CARFAX REPORT. NOR WAS IT SHOWN ON ON GARRY'S MECHANIC REPORTS. I ALSO KNOW THAT GARRY'S GOT VEHICLE FROM ANOTHER DEALER BEFORE SELLING IT TO ME. BOTH GARRY'S AND NORTHSIDE DEALER HAD TO HAVE ACTUALLY INSPECTED THE VEHICLE. THAT DIFFERENTIAL WAS AND APPEARED TO BE GOING BAD AND STARTED DRYING OUT BEFORE I EVEN BOUGHT THE VEHICLE ACCORDING TO THE MECHANIC/TOWTRUCK DRIVER THAT TOWED MY VEHICLE TO WHERE IT WAS GETTING REPAIRED. SO, THE FIRST LONG DRIVE THIS TRUCK WENT ON IS WHEN THE DIFFERENTIAL LOCKED UP. THANK U VERY MUCH FOR COSTING ME $3,000 IN REPAIRS IN ONE SHOT. THAT WAS A COUPLE MONTHS AGO.

AND NOW I AM PHYSICALLY MOVING TO NORTH DAKOTA RIGHT NOW. I AM STUCK IN A HOTEL IN WISCONSIN WHILE MY TRANSMISSION IS BEING REPLACED. MY UHAUL TRUCK WILL BE TURNED IN SEVERAL DAYS LATE AND MY BROTHER IS STUCK WITH ME. APPARENTLY THE PREVIOUS OWNER OF MY TRUCK JUST PATCHED A HOSE FROM THE TRANSMISSION AND DID NOT PUT IT BACK IN PROPERLY AND IT WAS RUBBING STEERING PARTS UNDER THE HOOD. IF GARRY'S AUTO ACTUALLY EXAMINED THAT VISIBLE HOSE AND REPLACED IT, THE TRANSMISSION WOULD MOST LIKELY STILL RUN BEAUTIFULLY. I WAS TOLD BY THE TRANSMISSION SHOP THAT THE TRANSMISSION HAD NOT BEEN SERVICED IN A LONG TIME AS WELL BY THE LOOKS OF IT (DARK BURNT LOOKING FLUID).

BOTH OF THESE MAJOR PROBLEMS COULD HAVE BEEN FIXED CHEAPLY BY GARRY'S AUTO BEFORE THEY ESCALATED INTO MAJOR REPAIRS. MY ENTIRE LIFE SAVINGS IS NOW GONE.

Delbert H., 2014-07-23, 07:03PM CDT

THE TRANSMISSION REPLACEMENT IS COSTING OVER $3,000 INCLUDING HOTEL STAYS.

Robert Allyn L., 2014-07-24, 08:57AM CDT

You bought a 13 year old truck, Car Fax showes crashes, insurance claims and the like, Drove it all ove America and now complain about the people who sold it to you.

You Win!