Cuisinart - Defective Model CPC-600Series Electric Pressure Cooker

Posted on Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014 at 3:19pm CDT by peter h.

Product: Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker

Company: Cuisinart

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

In a nutshell, the timer does not work. I purchased this product on July 4th and was using it for the first time.

I have spoken with both a CSR and a supervisor at the Cuisinart Help Desk who have provided no help.

I want it replaced, but I do not see a reason why I should have to pay one-way shopping for a defective product. If it had been used over time and a problem developed, I can see that policy working - but not for a new product.

Needless to say they are "very sorry" but have absolutely no explanation for this policy except to say that it is one of the "better" policies. I beg to differ because I work for a retailer who does waive shipping charges when the product is defective.

It was purchased over July 4th out of the area. Not owning a car makes it impossible to return it to the retailer, but Cuisinart is still "very sorry" but will do nothing about it.

When I told the supervisor I wanted to speak with her superior I was told I would be given a name and an address. When I said I wanted to speak with that person, I was disconnected.

Needless to say, after doing business with Cuisinart for more than 30 years, I will NEVER purchase another product from them.