Maaco Painting - Poor Quality Work - Lousy Customer Service

Posted on Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014 at 7:01pm CDT by 9be35fe9

Company: Maaco Painting

If I could rate 0 I would. Let me tell you about my experience with Maaco. My friends and family members told me not to go to them that they had heard they were awful. Stupid and yes I say stupid me didn't listen to them. I had problems with the first paint job and had to take it in to get some imperfections fixed. What was supposed to be a "quick fix" turned into an hours worth of buffing, etc., which caused a lot more imperfections and was ultimately bringing it back down to the white color that it was when I turned it in. White from oxidation after another repair shop didn't properly seal coat and my burgundy hood started turning an ugly shade of white. Anyway, I took it back for the repaint. I pointed out when I picked it up that there was an imperfection on the hood, just like what was before, but I was told that it was a chip from a rock and that it was properly sealed so it would be ok. When I got in my truck my heated, massaging seat cover (a $50 expense) was taken off the seat, folded up and put on the passenger seat. Since there was no reason for it and they didn't do that the first time, I thought it was odd, but didn't check it until I got home. However, now I know why it was the way it was, they broke it and tried to cover it up. Also, on the short drive home more imperfections started popping up, which I don't understand. I called and took it back. You would not believe how they try to cover their ass and say that you signed off on imperfections and I said I did not sign off on the second paint job. Then the stupid b (I'll be nice by not saying it) told me they were there before I left. She was not out there with me when I looked it over and was not out there when I showed the guy the only one that was present at that time so WTF does she know. Then she tells me that my seat cover is usable and tried to show me how to connect it by holding the two ends together. I showed her how it was broke and I cannot put it over the headrest. Then the stupid b has the nerve to say to me that I can't prove it and then to top it off, she had the nerve to say that when you sign the papers you sign that anything can happen.

I forgot to tell you one important little as this will point out how they work - I have a bug guard on the hood of my truck and it has 3 rubber bumpers on the hood. They took the bug guard off (which at this point I'm surprised), however, they left the rubber bumpers on and painted and sealed right over them. I was shocked at that and thought how much of a lazy ass idiot can you be, but then again, I guess that know it all b would have excused that one as well. I did tell her about that but it didn't seem to faze her, which tells me that shoddy work is a commonality with them.

SO LET ME WARN YOU - IF YOU ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO TAKE YOUR VEHICLE TO MAACO AFTER READING THIS, MAKE SURE YOU TAKE PICTURES OF IT WHEN YOU BRING IT IN AND WHILE THEY ARE STANDING THERE OF EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE INSIDE SEATS, DASH, ANYTHING YOU MAY HAVE IN YOUR CONSOLE - EVERYTHING BECAUSE IF ANYTHING HAPPENS, THEY SAY YOU SIGN THAT IT COULD AND THEN PROVE THEY DID IT. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN AND WOUILD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE AND IF YOU EVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT DUMB ASS WOMAN THAT WORKS THERE - RUN THE OTHER WAY. SHE MAKES THE REST OF US LOOK LIKE SHIT WITH HER EXCUSING THE WORK AND TRYING TO TELL ME WHAT I SAW AND DIDN'T SEE WHEN I PICKED UP MY VEHICLE. SHE WASN'T EVEN OUT THERE, BUT SHE KNOWS IT ALL. AGAIN STEER CLEAR OF THIS LOCATION AND MY GUESS WOULD ALL OF THEM. THEY DO PISS POOR WORK AND EXCUSE THEIR MISTAKES AND ANYTHING ELSE THEY DO. AT THIS POINT I GUESS I SHOULD DO A THOROUGH CHECK TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS STILL THERE THAT WAS WHEN I BROUGHT IT IN BECAUSE I GUESS ONCE I SIGNED THE SHEET I MUST HAVE AUTHORIZED THEM TO STEAL IF THEY SAW FIT. I AM NOT SAYING THEY DID AT THIS POINT BUT BASED ON HER COMMENTS IT SOUNDS TO ME THAT IF THEY DO THAT YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE YOU SIGNED THE PAPERWORK AND YOU CAN'T PROVE IT.

What an awful experience I had with Maaco. I didn't listen when I was warned so I hope if you're reading this you take heed to go somewhere else.

I'll even put my name to this - well the name the lady called me by which is not my name (but remember, she knows it all) - Mrs. Brickman. Yeah lady, you think you're right, but that is not my name.

By the way dumb ass lady - based on the complaints on Yelp, pissed consumer and this one, you're rep and rating isn't what you said - guess you don't know it all.