Prime Time Shuttle - Prime Time Shuttle left me stranded at LAX at midnight

Posted on Saturday, July 12th, 2014 at 10:38pm CDT by Geof G.

Product: Airport Shuttle Van

Company: Prime Time Shuttle

Location: LOS ANGELES, CA, US

URL: www.primetimeshuttle.com

Category: Public Transportation, Taxi

I had made an online reservation a day ahead of time to be picked up at LAX and taken home to Sherman Oaks. The reservation was confirmed with an email. At 10:15 p.m. when I arrived at the airport baggage area early due to an early flight, I was promptly checked in with the Prime Time Shuttle representative at the Shuttle area. I was told I'd have to wait approximately 20 minutes.

After about 1 hour of waiting, I was informed by the representative that they weren't able to take me home, and that they were sorry, but my credit card would be credited back, and to have a nice night.

It's amazing that the company just abandoned me at the airport with no way to get home. Desperate, I was able to call up a ride-sharing service, and get home for $17 more, including tips than I'd originally paid them.

Contacts to the company the next day via phone were dismal, and after waiting for over 25 minutes on hold, I was informed that my credit card had been refunded and would show on my account in 5 business days. If I wanted, I was informed I could submit a receipt via email for them to give me further compensation.

To me, if you have agreed to provide transportation and have confirmed a reservation with a customer, it is your duty to provide it, or make alternative means for them, or compensate them for their troubles in the event of a problem.

It took over 16 days for the refund to arrive on my card for my original trip.

Responses to my email said that: "Unfortunately, we couldn?t accommodate your pick up from LAX. This is a rare instance but sometimes at night it becomes very busy."

I responded, requesting that reimbursement be provided, but never heard anything. 10 days later, I contacted them again, and was notified that "we do not provide reimbursement from the airport."

Needless to say, I won't count on Prime Time Shuttle for any of my travel needs again, and I encourage others to stay away. As they also seem to run/own/be the only provider of Shuttle2LAX.com, I wouldn't book there, either, unless you have a solid backup plan.

Geof G., 2014-08-06, 12:12PM CDT

After my public shaming of Prime Time Shuttle to this, and many other online and offline resources, about 2 months after they should have made things right, I finally got a check from Prime Time Shuttle for the difference between what I had paid them, and what it cost me to get home. While they have made things right, it was much too difficult, and my trust and confidence in using them in the future is completely gone.