Fedex - Damaged Shipment

Posted on Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 at 8:12am CDT by Christine k.

Product: Shipping

Company: Fedex

Location: FL, US

URL: Fedex.com

Category: Delivery, Moving Services, Storage

I sell on Ebay regularly. I pack my items with bubble wrap and peanuts to insure safe delivery. Obviously, I cannot insure that the delivery service does their job right though. I sent out a cast iron dutch oven shaped like a rooster last month, June, 2014. It is a very rare piece. The customer received it and it was broken. The entire beak/spout was broke. The customer was devastated, as she had been looking for one for awhile. She paid $200.00 plus shipping for this item, which I in turn refunded her after waiting for over 2 weeks for Fedex to respond.

I made a complaint with Fedex the day I received the message from her that she received it and it was damaged. That was the second week of June. Today, June 30, 2014, I finally received a letter from Fedex. They have turned down my complaint. They stated that due to there not being damage to the box, it is not their mistake. Obviously, as the customer stated and as I believe, the box was dropped straight down and broke it. When that dutch oven left my house it was perfectly fine, but when the customer received it, it was destroyed.

Fedex is responsible for that damage. I have used them since I started selling on Ebay and have made them a lot of money in the process. As of now, I will not give them anymore business. I am out the $218.57 that I had to pay the customer, plus the amount I paid for the item at auction. I think that because Fedex is a large company that the little people really don't count. I would second guess using their services if you want to be counted.