Auto-Matic - Auto-Matic Nightmare

Company: Auto-Matic

Location: 585 Washington Street
QUINCY, MA, US

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

I am filing a complaint against Auto-Matic a used car dealership located in 585 Washington Street, Quincy MA 02169. I purchased my 2006 Chrysler Touring 300 at the dealership on December 8, 2013. Since then, there have been issues with car. I got the car inspected within the seven days of purchase at Avon Gas & Service in Avon MA. It was there that they notified me that my tire pressure was low and gave me the rejection sticker and the paperwork. I notified Thomas Nolan, the manager at Auto-Matic of the rejection and left my car with him to service along with the paperwork/ report. When I came back to pick up my car, he told me that he had it re-inspected and told me there was nothing wrong with the tires. I told him that I was upset that he inspected the car without my approval. But he assured me my tires were safe.

Within two weeks, the ignition switch failed on my car. I called Thomas who sent a tow truck to my residence. I was without my car for nearly a week. After my car was fixed he expected me to pay him a $100 deductible. I protested that fact telling him, I have not had the car for a month and already there are problems with it. He waived the $100 deductible but said he would charge me if there were any other repairs. Thomas never gave me the paperwork for ignition switch repair even after I requested it.

On February 21, 2014, I took my car to Sullivan Tire for an oil change and informed me that all my tire rods and tires needed to be replaced which would cost a total of $1500 to do so. While at work a couple days after, I faxed Thomas the quote from Sullivan Tires and told him of my concerns especially pointing out issues with tires. He called me to tell me that my warranty period has ended and hung up on me. I told my managers about my situation- one of my managers decided to call Thomas telling he did not like the fact that he was taking advantage of me. Thomas was very rude to my manager and told him that I would have to pay him to have the car repaired. I ended up having to pay to get right front tire replaced along with a leaky transmission pan at Hannibal Auto Repair for the time being. I could not afford to do the entire repair as quoted by Sullivan Tire.

On May 1st, I started hearing a loud squeaky noise coming from my car. A co-worker suggested I have my car checked out at a Chrysler dealer. I had my car inspected on May 10, 2014 by Chrysler Jeep and Dodge Ram 24. They found out that I needed to replace the following: both front control arm assemblies, both front tension struts, driver side outer tie rod and all four tires. The total cost of repair is $2297.95. I cannot afford to pay this amount. I have only had this car for six months and already it is costing me in arm and a leg. . Thomas from Auto-Matic should be responsible for the full repair of my car.