Pandora - Pandora Radio Survey

Posted on Tuesday, June 24th, 2014 at 5:37am CDT by Tech D.

Product: Pandora Internet Radio

Company: Pandora

URL: pandora.com

Category: TV, Music, Video

This was my email to customer service, it provides an adequate description:

I was once an avid listener of Pandora, but was very bothered when I was offered a "participate in survey and receive 4 hours of music ad free!" offer. Almost immediately after the survey, the ads came one after another, just as it would have been normally. The first time I experienced this was mid February and I had not been on since. Yesterday was my first day back, and I have already been provided this option again. Hoping you guys had fixed the bug that may have caused the earlier instance to be flawed, I took the survey. Upon finishing up, I was meticulous, even making sure that I finished every step, until being prompted to "get back to listening"...

Although your customer service team and marketing/advertising team are not on the same page, I am sure that whomever receives this email can see eye to eye, as to why it exists.

As a developer and tech enthusiast, I realize your service is free and I should expect ads. With this being said, I am also very familiar with the level of interaction and payment types advertisers use to increase user demand for continuous interaction, not to mention the money marketers are willing to pay for data. I can assure you my 10 question survey, view of a Facebook page, and even a response on twitter will result in a net that does not come anywhere close to a gain. I doubt my concern and/or frustration will stop here and it may even spark motivation to come up with a solution, just to make sure listeners don't have to deal with this type of situation.

The fact of the matter is, you have lost a loyal listener, and for good, thanks to how dishonest your services have been, on various accounts. I shouldn't have to write an email, let alone, have to spend time away from work to receive "ad free music" after following along an offer, or hoax, to participate in an interactive survey. I recommend stepping up the content and the integrity of your business practices.

Thanks for my previously valued experiences and best of luck keeping up any type of brand loyalty with your current practices.

sincerely,

Lost Pandora Enthusiast

Nick J., 2014-11-26, 10:56PM CST

Adding pandora one without my knowledge is very upsetting. This subscription was added to my account on accident because touch screen activated in my pocket. Then ur team pursuaded me to call apple and there is nothing they can do unless I subscribe to your service yet agian and put the purchase in a credit card. They also want me to buy an iTunes card to process refund this makes no sense on a service I never wanted or used!! Thanks