Hearst Corporation and Oprah Winfrey - Don't subscribe to this magazine

Posted on Saturday, June 21st, 2014 at 9:55pm CDT by Lynda M.

Product: "O" Magazine

Company: Hearst Corporation and Oprah Winfrey

Location: CULVER CITY, 90230, US

URL: oprah.com

Category: Magazines, Newspapers

Once I subscribed I was bombarded with solicitations from "O" and other magazines. There is no phone number to ask to be removed. I sent a letter and asked not to rent or sell my name or send me solicitations. My letter was ignored. I continued to get frequent junk mail for at least 6 months after my subscription expired, in spite of the fact that I sent a request to be removed in each and every envelope they enclosed with their marketing solicitations. This is the same harassment that occurs with Oprah.com. They stink.

aab52c59, 2014-07-10, 06:47PM CDT

1-800-846-4020. That is the number to call for help with "O" Magazine. Tell them you want removed from any solicitations and you do not want your information shared with any other company. There is absolutely a way to do it, but once requested it will take approximately 30 days to stop receiving everything because many offers are pre-printed and automatically sent out by machines. I know this because I worked for the company (CDS Global) that handles "O" Magazine for several years.

Lynda M., 2014-07-11, 12:55PM CDT

Thank you so much for the phone number. I called to make sure it was functional and the girl I talked to said she has sent several complaints to Hurst about people not being able to find the number in the magazine. As far as the 30 days is concerned, I continued to receive solicitation for six months after I asked them to stop, which let me know that they ignored my request.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.