DODGE - Dodge 4.7L Engine Issues

Posted on Thursday, May 29th, 2014 at 10:42pm CDT by linlew

Product: 4.7L Dodge Engine

Company: DODGE

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

I am OUTRAGED!! I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500. Bought new in 2003, within 5 years (2008 September) 100,000 miles, engine locked up had to be completly rebuilt. Just to clear the air, Oil was maintained regularly, in detail. I believe if you're going to put good money into something you should take very good care of it. Even when I go for my inspections, they comment on how well my truck is taken care of. AND I'M A FEMALE !!!! Preferred product is Castrol Full Synthetic. Just like the BOOK says. Truck is my baby and still looks like brand new. Two weeks ago (May, 2014), another 5+ years later and another 100,000 to the (T), the engine loses oil pressure and now has to be replaced. Do you really know the $$$ this is causing and this being my only vehicle how disturbing this is. Why can't we pay good money for a vehicle and maintain it as to the instructions indicate and not have to replace these engines every 100,000 miles or 5 years in my case. DODGE, YOU SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. LOOK AT ALL THE COMPLAINTS AND CONVERSATIONS ABOUT THIS ENGINE. THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM. YOU NEED TO RECALL THIS ENGINE. I LOVE DODGE PRODUCTS, HAVE HAD THEM ALL MY LIFE (i'M OVER 50 AND BOUGHT MY FIRST DODGE AT 16) MY FAMILY IS DODGE PEOPLE. YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. THIS HURTS!!!! If you bought a TV or an electrical appliance, etc it doesn't matter what it is, YOU would want the seller to make it right. YOU are the seller here DODGE. Everyone that rides in my truck says about the ride, the comfort, the quality, it still looks brand new. I shouldn't have to trash it now because of another motor.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

Robert Allyn L., 2014-05-30, 11:34AM CDT

Dodge wont admit this but

4.7 engines are very sensitive too short trips, extended oil change intervals, missed coolant changes, cold running and over heating.

I have seen several of these engines that need the oil pans dropped every 60,000 miles, and valve covers removed and cleaned. The black carbon crust would build up inside the engine and start to plug the oil pump pick up screen if pushed further than that. Some people claimed a product called Rislone engine cleaner in the Oil followed by a 100 mile highway run and an imeadiate oil change ever 20,000 would do the same thing.

And yes if you don't do your own repairs thats a $800.00 maintenance bill that Dodge won't recomend or admit might be a good idea.

And the freaking head gaskets might fail anyway AHHHHRRRRGGGG

The Hemi dosen't seem to have the same problems or at least not as bad, thank god.

And Dodge still claims this is a good engine.