Gloria Vanderbilt Clothing Co. - Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans Smell Terrible

Posted on Wednesday, May 28th, 2014 at 9:43am CDT by cd747de9

Product: Amanda Jeans made in Indonesia

Company: Gloria Vanderbilt Clothing Co.

Category: Clothing, Shoes, Apparel

I've bought Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans since they started making them along time ago and never had a problem. However, the last 3 pairs I purchased are terrible. They have an awful chemical smell. They started to smell almost as soon as I put them on. I assumed it was from body heat. It was so bad I had to take them off and shower the chemicals off. I have washed them several times even in a bleach solution but the smell is still there. I can't return them after so many washings but I can't wear them either. How do I get rid of the chemical smell. Please help.

Susan F., 2014-09-11, 10:27PM CDT

I also have bought Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans for many years. I buy them because of the quality & the fit. They are the only jeans I have bought for many years. But I will not purchase them anymore! The last 2 pairs I bought have an aweful chemical smell that won't go away no matter how many times I wash them & after just a couple washings they have brown spots all over them which I am assuming is from the chemical that is making them smell!! At first I thought maybe I just got a bad pair but I bought another pair & they are doing the same thing.I regret thati have to say I will not be purchasing any Gloria Vanderbilt jeans anymore. I do not want to go out in public with jeans that stink & look like they are splattered with some kind of poop! It is too bad that a once quality product has gone bad!

b1cad6df, 2015-01-09, 09:34AM CST

I have bought Gloria Vanderbilt jeans for years however I may not purchase them in the future. I bought 3 pairs of Capri pants and all three have developed holes where the back pockets are sewn on after only a few months of wear. Workmanship and quality seem to be deteriorating. I am very disatisfied with this purchase.

186a1312, 2015-05-03, 12:42PM CDT

I've worn the Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans for years because of the superb fit. I've bought my last pair, though!! Since the company started manufacturing them in Third World countries the fabric smells of formaldehyde and the smell can't be washed out! This last pair that I bought at Kohl's have been washed at least 6 times and still stink, so they're going to be thrown away. It's sad that such a good product has gone so bad!

Teri, 2015-05-24, 10:21AM CDT

I bought a very cute pair of denim Gloria Vanderbilt capris last week at Kohl's. It wasn't until I got home and took them out of the bag that I noticed the very strong chemical odor. It smells similar to mothballs but more intense. No way was I going to wear them like that, so I washed them in hot water with Tide. The odor faded a bit, but was still noticeable. I ended up washing them 3 times. The odor is still there, but greatly reduced. Is it safe to wear clothing that has been treated with strong chemicals?