Gloria Vanderbilt Clothing Co. - Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans Smell Terrible

Posted on Wednesday, May 28th, 2014 at 9:43am CDT by cd747de9

Product: Amanda Jeans made in Indonesia

Company: Gloria Vanderbilt Clothing Co.

Category: Clothing, Shoes, Apparel

I've bought Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans since they started making them along time ago and never had a problem. However, the last 3 pairs I purchased are terrible. They have an awful chemical smell. They started to smell almost as soon as I put them on. I assumed it was from body heat. It was so bad I had to take them off and shower the chemicals off. I have washed them several times even in a bleach solution but the smell is still there. I can't return them after so many washings but I can't wear them either. How do I get rid of the chemical smell. Please help.

Susan F., 2014-09-11, 10:27PM CDT

I also have bought Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans for many years. I buy them because of the quality & the fit. They are the only jeans I have bought for many years. But I will not purchase them anymore! The last 2 pairs I bought have an aweful chemical smell that won't go away no matter how many times I wash them & after just a couple washings they have brown spots all over them which I am assuming is from the chemical that is making them smell!! At first I thought maybe I just got a bad pair but I bought another pair & they are doing the same thing.I regret thati have to say I will not be purchasing any Gloria Vanderbilt jeans anymore. I do not want to go out in public with jeans that stink & look like they are splattered with some kind of poop! It is too bad that a once quality product has gone bad!