Sprint - Cannot follow up on comittments!!!!

Posted on Wednesday, May 21st, 2014 at 12:32pm CDT by Marjorie W.

Company: Sprint

Category: Telecommunications

On April 18, 2014 I contacted Sprint to transfer my cellular phone service from Verizon to Sprint, based on their new Framily plan. Before the phones arrived in the mail from Sprint, they sent the request from Verizon to terminate my service. Therefore, I had no phones and no service. I contacted Sprint to cancel everything!!!! Each time that I walked through the ordering process with them, they would make commitments they were unable to keep. That should have been my clue to discontinue my pursuit of changing cell phone service providers. However, I thought that perhaps after the order process, the service would be smoother.

When I called Sprint to cancel the services, they explained that the refund would take 10 business days because they needed to confirm receipt of the phone equipment. As of the cancelation call I still did not have my phones, so I had to wait another day or so before I could send them back. I returned the phones and received confirmation of receipt. REFUND DID NOT HAPPEN, commitment not followed through.

After the 10 business days, I did not receive my refund. I waited another week and then contacted customer service. I was told they would follow up with me to let me know the status of my refund. The representative said they would call me back within 24 hours. DID NOT HAPPEN, another commitment not followed through.

On May 14, 2014, I contacted customer service once again as was told that the refund was submitted to me in two part on April 30th, and May 1st. I was then transferred to the financial services department who informed me that the refund had to be tracked and that would take 24-48 hours that he would call me back to close out the case. DID NOT HAPPEN, another commitment not followed through.

On May 21, 2014 (7 DAYS LATER), I called customer service back again. I was immediately transferred back to the financial services department. The agent reviewed the notes and told me that the original refunds were cancelled for account review (I did not have an account because I never activated anything), and that I would have to wait for the final bill review. I told him that, that was not the expectation that was set when I cancelled the phones or when I contacted customer service thereafter. I explained that his explanation did not make sense, considering all of the failed promises previously received that he saw on the account notes. He expressed that he would transfer me to a supervisor, and then transferred me to the mail-in rebate department. CS FAILURE, another commitment not followed through.

During my initial hour and eight-minute call, I talked with four different people. The last customer service representative told me that she would initiate the refund; however, they would send me a refund check. I expressed that yet another commitment was not followed through, because they promised to refund the money directly back to the originating bank account. I told her that was unacceptable and she proceeded to tell me she would be transferring me to a supervisor, and then hung up the phone. CS FAILURE, another commitment not followed through.

This company is not ready for more customers! Please do not subject your peace of mind to this terrible customer service company. They cannot handle the diverse issues that arise from customers. They are ill equipped to manage customer expectations, and they are unable to handle difficult situations. DO NOT GET CELL SERVICE FROM SPRINT!!!!! THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FINANCE TEAMS ARE NOT PREPARED!!!!