IDTRUE - IDTRUE IS MORE IDFALSE!!!

Posted on Wednesday, May 21st, 2014 at 11:32pm CDT by Edward Holdridge

Product: Background Check

Company: IDTRUE

Category: Online Scams

Join this site to get a background report on my very own self from a judgement awarded years ago and all it does it give you links to the more other popular sites to join..where you have to pay as well...Sometimes I wonder if these 4-5 star reviews are not someone from the company themselves..cancelled my account as fast as I joined..called CS and no luck in getting a positive response from them or a refund..hope i can help someone save the $13 I got scammed on..that will be enough reimbursement for me..STAY AWAY FROM "IDFALSE"

c6089f2f, 2014-08-10, 08:57AM CDT

BEWARE this company is TOTAL MONEY SCAM. There are no records on the other side of there wall!!!! This website advertises it has the most up to date online public records. I was searching for information on my father who passed away. I typed in his name and his named was correctly connected to myself, my mother and brothers - stating it had numerous addresses he had lived at including the county/city he passed away in (the previous yr). I paid the $12.95 membership fee to get access to the complete addresses and supposed 'other' public records, (ARREST RECORDS!) the site claimed to possess. There was not a single record to be found....... not even one of the numerous physical addresses they claimed to have on him. THERE IS NOTHING BEHIND THIS WEBSITE STORE FRONT!!!!! Complete FRAUD! I called them 5 minutes later to demand a refund. 'She' said they would cancel my account but there would be no refund. I asked to speak with her manager. She fought me on it and would not direct my call to a mngr. I demanded she send me an email documenting our conversation. She said she would not do that. The only email (documentation) would be a confirmation email canceling my membership. I continued to protest attempting to speak with someone else. She said she would give my complaint to a manager & someone would call me back. That never happened. Determined to get a hold of a corporate official I Googled the business & tried to research the parent company they were organized under. There was not a single record to be found (address phone number) for the parent company. YOU WILL FIND NOTHING AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SPEAK WITH ANYONE (SUPPOSEDLY) HOLDING THE CAPACITY TO REFUND THIS SCAM. Most people will not waste their time on $12.95. It's the fact of the matter, AND the fact that $13 substantially adds up quickly over the internet. We should ALL take the time to keep these scams out of business. Contact your BBB (Better Business Bureaus at http://www.bbb.org/bbb-locator) immediately and file your own complaint. The Bureaus also investigates fraudulent businesses. Contact your bank and put this transaction in 'Dispute' to get your refund through your bank. Do not let internet businesses continue to scam others. It's every ones responsibility!!!!

John L., 2014-08-25, 04:25PM CDT

I used it in July 2014, the report is well below average, simply no financial report of the tenant that I was screening. So I decided not to use it anymore.

The real trouble part for this scam company is that they don't ever tell me that they will charge my credit card each month after. Without giving information, they secretly charged me in August. When I found and called them, they refuse to refund! What a scam!

I called my credit card company and refused the charge!

John L., 2014-08-25, 04:26PM CDT

I called my credit card company and refused the charge!

Mary W., 2014-09-11, 01:23PM CDT

The site is a shell--in other words, every link leads to an error page. There are no terms of service, no way to get info on anyone. It all is just a front page with a skeleton. It has no backbone. I am making a report to the Attorney General's office next Monday. They are guilty, in my opinion of false and misleading advertising, theft by deception, and a plethora of other unholy acts. Apart from that, it just appeared on my credit card and I cannot get any answer as to whose name or email this account is in. The one time they answered the phone they wanted all of my identifying info to give me access to the account. It is not in my name, so how can I do that? They said they can't touch the account without the owner cancelling it. When I told them it was my credit card, and the registered name was not the same, they said, "too bad". Unreal. I also told them I had someone convicted of identity theft use my credit cards in the last year and I wanted to see if it was this person, but they would not cooperate at all. This is insane. They wanted my social security number, name and address to dispute this charge, which recurs monthly, even though I clearly have a different name than registered user. Also, won't close it, even though it is my credit card. It has no means to access info as they are going through some site upgrade, and info is impossible to get in my state (drivers records), so who are they kidding? They are selling info that can't be found.Reporting to the state attorney general.