MAIN STREET MOTORS - SELLING ME A VEHICLE WITH THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS THAT LEGAL?

Posted on Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 at 3:54pm CDT by stephanie w.

Company: MAIN STREET MOTORS

Location: 1059 WEST ST
VALPARAISO, IN, 46347, US

URL: MAINSTREETMOTORS.COM

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

i bought my vehicle on feb 22 2014 and on mar 22 2014 i went to start the vehicle and it would not run. I took it to the shop because the dealer sold me a 2 year warranty. come to find out the check engine light was not in the vehicle and needs an engine. the warranty company denied my claim and main street motors will not help at all. i believe they sold me a vehicle they did not inspect when they sold it. i don't see how a company can get away with selling a vehicle with the check engine light out.

Robert Allyn L., 2014-05-14, 08:50AM CDT

This is one of those 50/50 deals

The slimy dealer probably removed the bulb and sold you a Lemon.

BUT

The previous owner could have done it to trade the car off or to get through the Auto auction where the dealer bought it.

End of day because you bought your car a month before failure, no warranty, since the problem pre-exsisted sale, no extended warranty.

My advice, sue them all.

By the way: Where I live a licenced Dealer (Business Licence) cant do this, they are required to inspect the vehical including scanning the computer and keep records of it. Then all un-repaired faults must be documented and disclosed. This is why our used lot never has anything older than 3 years on it. # years and less has factory warranty.