PREPAID MOBILE SHOP LLC, GOGO Mobile LLC - Asked for my credit card and took a $299 without my consent

Posted on Wednesday, May 7th, 2014 at 4:56pm CDT by 84576495

Product: prepaid sim card

Company: PREPAID MOBILE SHOP LLC, GOGO Mobile LLC

Location: 488 7th Ave. Ste. 3d AND 1265 Broadway, New York, NY, United States
NEW YORK, NY, 10018, US

URL: www.simplemobilecentral.com

Category: Telecommunications

I am an international traveler visiting USA for the first time in my life, my bad luck took me to this cheep mobile shop to buy a prepaid sim card, the salesperson asked me for my credit card and he insisted that this is a regulation applied in all USA. I gave him the credit card Plus $20 the sim card cost. He then printed me a receipt with $299 taken from my credit card without my consent. When I complained about this, he said this is a requirement that we link your card with the sim and it will be used for authorization purpose only and we have not charged you anything. When I went home, I noticed that the amount was taken from my card and never came back again. I write this simple review to warn people about my incident especially the new comers to the USA.

UPDATE: Old Business URL www.prepaid-mobile.com, changed to www.simplemobilecentral.com.

they have two branches one in 488 7th Ave. and one in 1265 Broadway

74cd02b2, 2014-05-11, 07:23PM CDT

I also had the same problem.

Shop is a scam and totally dishonest.

BE CAREFUL.

Micheline M., 2014-05-19, 08:37AM CDT

J'ai subi la meme mesaventure, en mars 2014, je suis allee dans cette boutique qui m'a facture 217 euros, en me disant que je serais remboursee dans un mois. Je n'ai toujours rien recu.

A mon avis, ce sont des VOLEURS !

carolina r., 2014-06-02, 02:00PM CDT

It happened to me the same! I bought a chip for $33 and a deposit of $ 149 + tax, now they are charging me the deposit with my credit card.

I can not believe that in a country like USA through this and nobody does anything.

SOME ARE SCAMMERS

Carolina Rodr?guez. Uruguay

john j., 2014-06-03, 02:50AM CDT

yes i was scamed by this company now trying to get money back it doesnt look like i will get it back so if any one neads a sim stay a way from gogo mobile they are scammers and they are liars

carolina r., 2014-06-03, 06:52AM CDT

John,

could you communicate with them? the phone numbers listed on the invoice does not receive calls and appearing on the Internet is out of use.

I live in Uruguay so I'm hiring a lawyer to put them demand

Olimpio M., 2014-06-05, 07:11PM CDT

I was robbed by this shop too : Prepaid mobile, 488 7th Ave, New York, NY, 10018.

I payed US $ 22.00 for 12 days using a prepaid Simple Mobile SIM card, and they asked me my credit card to complete the operation.

I asked the salesman why he needs my credit card, and he told me that was a normal practice, to warrant the cell operator (Simple Mobile) against misuse or overuse of its SIM card.

The salesman tolds me that after the contract finishing (12 days) the charge on my credit card would be "dropped" and no more charges would be made on my credit card.

I bought at Prepaid Mobile shop, the operator is Simple Mobile and oddly the credited company was Amazing Wireless World.

I?ve contacted Simple Mobile and notice them about this bad trick applied by this shop.

They are dishonest.

Don't trust on them.

Now I'm looking how to record a complaint on any New York City Authorities about this irregular operation.

79b7d7f6, 2014-06-06, 03:31PM CDT

Same thing happened to my friend from Italy. We went to the store and they wanted to sell her a sim card plus the phone. When I gave them my (us)credit card they charged her $158 instead of $35 for a phone and the card that she will never use past her 7 days in NYC. When I told them I will not pay for it, they made me pay for the useless sim card because they opened it from the original packaging ($32.63 cash). Not only that they yelled at my friend. I was so distressed that I wasn't even thinking about calling cops. I wish I did. Now I know what scammers those guys are and seeing other comments that we are not the only one taken advantage of.

For all the tourists out there - we went to AT&T store on 34th and 7th and got a phone and the sim card for $35 that worked really well here.

84576495, 2014-06-12, 09:47AM CDT

it seems there are many victims of this shop, that mean the shop is still running and ready to deceive many other people (unbelievable this happen in Newyork), anyway I raised a dispute to my bank and they promised me to get my money back, if you were rubbed by this shop contact your bank and raise a dispute.

c366c84f, 2014-06-12, 09:35PM CDT

I got my refund back 180 days. I was initially very scared and I didn't think I was going to get my money back. I emailed them my transaction number and the amount and they refunded my money back. Here is the email : [email protected]

73f43b72, 2014-06-16, 11:11AM CDT

THANK YOU!! I finally got my money back as well. Those guys didn't help but they provided me with the email and I'm very happy to say I GOT MY MONEY. I advise everyone to email the company directly at [email protected] They are quick to respond and are very helpful.

Alexandra G., 2014-06-28, 03:33PM CDT

I got the same thing of you guys.

I sent an e mail to [email protected] They replied me

"Good Afternoon Prepaid Mobile Customer,

In order for us to start processing your rebate back to the credit/debit on file we need your transaction number. Thanks for your patronage.

Prepaid Mobile Shop LLC"

Should I give my credit card number ?

Alexandra G., 2014-06-28, 03:37PM CDT

Hi

I sent an email to [email protected] and they replied me :

"Good Afternoon Prepaid Mobile Customer,

Prepaid Mobile Shop LLC"

Should I give them my credit card number, I am kind of scared now...

bob G., 2014-07-03, 07:51PM CDT

Guys this is not a scam the same thing almost happened to me. They give you two options, option A pay for you sim card and your activation fee. Option B they waive your activation & sim card fee then you have to have a credit limit depending on how many days/months your visiting America and how many sim cards your purchasing. Just make sure you pay attention to the sales associates when they're explaining the plan to you. I chose option A the never asked me for my credit card. Even if you choose option B that money is reimbursable you just have to follow the guidelines of the agreement they give you. Just be careful not to fall into option B because if you cancel it is a $99.99 cancellation fee. My suggestion for you guys just wait out the 180 days and your money will go back to you.

Claire G., 2014-07-21, 09:32AM CDT

Hey!

Same thing happened to me. I was charged the full amount even though I was never informed. Then the phone I got didn't even work so I went back to the store numerous times! One of the guys working there was extremely rude and aggressive and finally I spoke to who I think was the manager. I told him I didn't want the phone as it was useless - I returned the phone and was promised that I would not be charged but surprise, surprise I was charged!

I am currently disputing the transaction but my credit card company need confirmation that I returned the phone so the saga continues! Stay away from this company a payphone is a safer option!!!

Claire (Ireland)

sam r., 2014-07-29, 01:12PM CDT

Hello All,The same think happen with me and this guys are not at all responding me. Yesterday I went to there shop at 36ST 7 Ave. But I did not get any satisfactory option.

I am end up with paying $217 this guys are damn froud.

I am thinking about going to NYPD if they did not respond me back on my mail Id.

f9792379, 2014-07-29, 09:39PM CDT

Thanks a lot for the email address. I was able to get my deposit back after 180 days. YAY.

Jessica H., 2014-08-01, 11:50AM CDT

Hey I messed up as we'll by picking option B but it's been 76 days and I got my money back as we'll. Overall the customer service wasn't bad but maybe I should have paid attention a little more to what the sales associate was saying. Overall my phone works great and the service worked all over America. But the deposit hold on my credit card did put a little damper on my vacation.

eacea4bd, 2014-08-04, 09:43AM CDT

Had the exact same story, unfortunately, I did not check about the shop before buying the SIM (data card). I sent an e.mail to the company, and will update if I'll get my money back!

Anne D., 2014-08-05, 03:45PM CDT

The same happened to me! Now I am staying for 6 months and I will have a different number every month! And they charged the amount of 217,00 on my credit card also!

Now I have to go to the store every month because I can't activate my phone online, otherwise I will be charged again!!!

eacea4bd, 2014-08-08, 06:50AM CDT

I am collecting information from people who been scammed by this store in order to go to the press.

Please send me your stories to: [email protected]

2ea65c6f, 2014-08-08, 10:38AM CDT

Hi,

I visited this store last year and I was greeted very well by the staff but I didn't fully understand the store policy because I was in a rush. I ended by being charged an extra $217 which they told me was due to excessive international calling. I was unhappy that I had to wait but today I was finally refunded the full amount. I advise to shop elsewhere to avoid stress!!!

0fc57b49, 2014-08-08, 10:57AM CDT

Hello All,

I have a solution to this problem. I have been in touch with one of the reps from the store who has helped me tremendously. I highly suggest that you contact him by emailing at:

[email protected]

Also remember to put attention: CHUCK

That guy is so good! He was able to get my refund and free service for a month.

eacea4bd, 2014-08-12, 03:12AM CDT

Unfortunately, Chuck didn't help me.

Thank you guys for sending me your details, but I need a few more, in order to go to the press. So, please keep sending me!!

We're talking here about thousands of dollars!!

My e.mail: [email protected]

d1fd3e3a, 2014-08-13, 05:36PM CDT

I also got ripped off at this place. After getting 2 X $22 sim cards the night we arrived and heading back to my motel room, I suspected something was a bit off. I looked at the paperwork that this shop provided and only then realised that they had processed $217 X 2 for the 2 sims that we had purchased. I was so angry and headed back to the shop the following morning to complain. This ended up being a stand up argument, and a number of lies and false promises that I would get my money back when I got back to Australia, but I refused to leave until the issue was resolved. I had the charges recredited to my card. Thanks to this website, I was able to get back to the shop as soon as I realised I had been ripped off and get my money back. I have nothing good to say about this place and the staff prey on unsuspecting tourists. I will happily provide my details to stop these criminals from ripping other unsuspecting tourists off.

a0080466, 2014-08-13, 09:41PM CDT

I used to work there trust me u will never see your money I'm 100% sure u not. the only way is to call consumer affairs or go personally to the office and also the better Business Bureau trust me. Also they going to keep telling you about 180days that's bullshit and if they tell u we put a search ticket that's bull shit to be carful

Olival F., 2014-08-14, 12:06PM CDT

On August 4th, I bought a Nexus 5 handset at this Prepaid Mobile store. I wanted an unlocked cell phone to be used abroad, mainly in my country, and I asked the seller, a young man called Hector, the kind of discount he could offer. He explained that the full price was $399,99, but I could have a discount paying $325 under the conditions of not using American carriers in the next 180 days. He explained that the full value would be kept on hold on my credit card for the case I do not fulfill the agreement. We set the deal.

However, when I saw my credit card facture today I noticed I was charged twice, both for the discount value and the full price. Thus my credit card was charged for AMAZING WIRELESS WORLD NEW YORK both $353.84 (discount value plus tax) and $435.49 (full price plus tax).

This was not the deal I set ! To keep on hold on your card is not to be charged for eventual reimbursement. To keep on hold is not rebate ! Even if I would receive one of this value after 180 days, this is not a fair deal ! I am sure in a legal dispute about this they would loose the dispute, not to say their marked credibility. Any way, I just cannot keep about $400 in their pockets for 180 days. Neither I can trust I will be alive to get it back nor I can trust they will be in business after six months.

I called the store and they told me to not worry and advised me to write to [email protected] that the issue would be solved. I did it, I got automatic answers but till now, one week later, no real answer. It clearly a scam.

c40457cd, 2014-08-14, 01:16PM CDT

I bought an iPhone 5S in January and I finally got my refund back for $299.99. I emailed them last week and I received money back on my card. I'm so thankful now but I was upset because I didn't understand the 180 days thing. They told me if I wanted it earlier, I would have to pay a cancellation fee of $100.00 and the money would be returned immediately. If you want your money back fast, tell them to charge the cancellation fee and return the rest back.

eacea4bd, 2014-08-15, 02:58AM CDT

Do not give them any more money!! this cancellation fee will go away with the rest of your money!

eacea4bd, 2014-08-17, 11:18AM CDT

Ha! guess what? I sent another mail to "Chuck", but received the exact same comment, although I asked a completely different thing... so I guess there is no one really reading the mails we are sending to [email protected] It's an automated response! Sorry people, but going to the press is our only chance, so please keep sending me massages with your stories to: [email protected]

gaston, 2014-08-21, 04:36PM CDT

Same issue , we bought 2 phones (end of july 2014) and 440 extra were charged !

We are in Uruguay now , wish i could go back to the shop.

Anyone really got the money back after mailing

[email protected] ?

Gaston

9ef2c8bb, 2014-08-21, 05:06PM CDT

Thank GOD! I thought I wasn't going to get my money back but I received my money back but they paid my through PAYAPL. It took 180 days to get it back and I had to email them numerous times. I emailed them a month before to make sure I was going to get my money back. Never again!!!! I am still very upset because I was in a rush when I bought this and I didn't pay attention to the A**hole who assisted me.

Phyllis C., 2014-09-12, 08:49AM CDT

I have same case here , I got my SIM card from prepaid mobile on fashion ave in NY . The problem is they didn't tell me they will charge me $1088 USD as a deposit . After my credit card can't work in NY , I recognized they charged me $1088 from my credit card . So I went to the shop yesterday to ask the salesperson. He just say just email to the company then you will get ur deposit back after three days . But I saw the agreement says need to take 180 days so I asked the salesperson . He said no~ u will get your money back after three days since you send the email to the company . So I send the mail to [email protected] which shows on the agreement . Then I got the reply from them :Thank you for your patronage. We have already started to process your deposit back to credit/debit we have on file. All sim cards expire in 180 days and any credit that has not been utilized will be returned back. Your account will be credited once the sim cards expires. For any further updates, please contact us back after 180 days from the date of the transaction.

I feel so scared that I can't get my money back so I'm happy to see someone already get it back . So disappointed it happened during my holiday in NY . Hope it won't happen on other pp or any tourist like me .

489d26d3, 2014-09-12, 09:55AM CDT

I didn't read the agreement as well when I went and I had to wait 180 days to get my money back. You will definitely get you're money back just email them for a confirmation Phyllis.

beef3f5d, 2014-09-15, 03:54PM CDT

Me found the page after buy my sim card but me glad to say that bastards finally returned my money on after 180 days. Me have their number for u need to contact...646-708-0739. Me also email in [email protected]

ba2ab1ed, 2014-09-15, 07:01PM CDT

We had same experience where they claimed that they will not any money from the card but later we came to know that they have hold $272 extra.

Same time while we were purchasing card, salesman was working slowly, made delay and make sure that it takes 10-15 minutes so that at the last you sign contract without reading it in hurry.

On same day we went back and he gave email id to (which belongs someone from their own) and I am sure this is going to take 180 days (half year) to get back that money OR will not get it atall. + We are going to loose $22 as a service tax on deposit even if we get it.

They are doing cheat.

~Rohan

Mark D., 2014-09-16, 11:38PM CDT

Unfortunately the same happened to me. I just wanted a SIM card. Then they told me I could get 150

$ discount on mobile phones - not bad - so I got 2 phones and to SIM cards - for my wife and myself. The salespersons uses phrases as "there's a 349 $ limit" and "after 180 days your card will expire" - I feel so stupid! They were really nice and friendly in the shop - once I got back to the apartment I saw

they charged me a total of 2500 $ - around 1800 $ more than what I paid for the phones and SIM cards! Needless to say I totally panicked -

But it in the middle of the night and I have no idea as what to do! I guess I have to wait but this is the worst, most unethical service I ever experienced. It kind of ruins the vacation :-(

Hope I get my money. 1800 is a fortune for some one who does voluntary work.

Thanks for sharing guys and girls!

a369baaa, 2014-09-19, 05:30PM CDT

Bought a gopro hero 3+ from theses barstards on the 17.09.2014 on returning to london I found they had charged me for an item I had not asked for or received an extra $499.00 dollars

DO NOT USE YOUR DEBIT CARD only cash this has put me off shopping in America as there is no security when it comes to this kind of behavior

bbbd2253, 2014-09-21, 02:53AM CDT

Hi,

Same happened to me, when I bought a perpaid Lycamobile SIM mobile card from Prepaid Mobile shop, Fasion Av 488, New York, Ny-10018 on July 29 2014.

I clearly told them before buying the SIM card that I want to pay by cash for this transaction. However they asked my Credit Card saying this is just a procedure and my card will not be charged as I am paying the cash.

However I was shocked to know afterwards that they had charged $300/- as a deposit which they never explained me earlier. If they had explained me this trick I would have never bought this mobile SIM package as I did not want to use by credit card for this transaction due to less balance in my credit account which I wanted to use for some other shopping. When I enquired this to the salesman, he said that once I send a mail to [email protected], I will get the money back in 30 days. I sent a mail to the same e-mail address after coming back to my home country but got a reply that I will get the refund deposit back after 180 days. How the hell they can keep my money for 180 days without providing any service?

Due to the above issue I faced so much trouble as money was blocked in my credit card which I was unable to use.

Can any one advise if we can lodge a complain to NYPD for this shop as they are cheating so many people.

Thanks and regards,

Qaisar I

eacea4bd, 2014-09-21, 03:11AM CDT

Hello, I posted several times an e.mail address for your stories, as I sent all of them to several news websites. The e.mail is: [email protected]

One of you also sent me the website address of consumer protection in NY: https://www.dos.ny.gov/consumerprotection/form/complaintform.asp.

So, you can also report the store on this site, although I'm not sure if this will help.

I really hope that your stories will help stop this store from working.

Good luck to all of us!

8569ea34, 2014-09-21, 12:34PM CDT

I am a lawyer from Mexico and I just received my refund back after 180 days. When I made the purchase I understood what the sales rep communicated but I also did my due diligence by reading the agreement that I signed. When I read the agreement, I understood the whole 180 days process. My best advice is to read before you sign and email the company directly for assistance. Never rely solely on you store reps information especially when you are signing an agreement.

Here is the information for rebates:

[email protected]

For complaints email them at:

[email protected]

Once I emailed their complaints department, they did their best to reassure me they were willing to comply to all my request.

I hope you guys and girls will find this information helpful.

Chris M., 2014-09-21, 01:43PM CDT

Currently I have concluded my agreement with Prepaid Mobile. I never quite had an issue with the store as I read the terms of agreement with great detail. I pretty much expected that I would have my money put down as a temporary deposit but I thought it would only be for 30 days not 180 days. I contacted the support team about 35 days from the start of my agreement and they refunded my money promptly within 48 hours.

eacea4bd, 2014-09-22, 03:07AM CDT

Amazingly, after every claim post, in a matter of hours, there is a post by a person who got his money back. Well first of all I wonder why you didn't post here before you got your money back, and second, what makes you post after you got your money??

As I see it, a person who got scammed will look for this site and not a person who just got his money, unless most of those posts are planted by the store!!

So please, Mr. Chris M. and Mr. lawyer from Mexico, please send me an e.mail with your stories, so I could confirm them. The e.mail: [email protected]

Thank you very much in behalf of all the scammed people.

BTW, I wanted to show you what was left from my agreement (nothing! the ink has vanished!) but there is no way to upload here images.

e21be012, 2014-09-22, 03:49PM CDT

In my case I bought an iphone and were double charged in U$499.99 .. the way they do it looks very trustful and i signed the agreement without reading it. And worst, i signed the two receipts of 499.99 and didnt notice that the value was passed twice. Only when i got back into the hotel i saw that i was charged twice for the phone. Actually, when i left the store i felt that something was weird..

I've sent an email to rebates email and got an answer back to get in touch with them in 180 days... but this is definitely weird.. website finishes in ".co" not ".com".. the website doesnt have much information, etc...

Well, i will wait those 180 days and see what i get.. hope to get the money back.. but will be looong 180 days :-/

52359e98, 2014-09-25, 08:23PM CDT

Same here. I bought an iphone and the charged me for TWO phones!

0d0d788b, 2014-09-26, 08:53AM CDT

The same thing happened to me, I'm from Australia and I bought a prepaid sim card for $25 ($27) with tax. I then later realised that an additional $399 had been taken from my credit card account. I immediately returned to the shop and asked for a refund but they told me that I have to pay more money to do so. I decided to take this on the chin and I was 'refunded' $326. HOWEVER, instead of refunding me $326, they processed it as a sale and charged me a further $326, resulting in me having to pay around $1000 AUD for a $27 sim card. I am currently getting onto my bank. The phone numbers on the receipts do not answer. THIS 'COMPANY' IS A SCAM. Does anyone else have any advice?

gaston, 2014-09-26, 09:39AM CDT

Regarding what "eacea4bd, 2014-09-22, 03:07AM CDT " posted :

True, after every complaint , some asshole is trying to make us believe we might get the money back (wish any of those posts is true) but I am deeply annoyed !

The guys from the shop are thieves, I dont know who is managing that shop and making money this way, but they deserve something very very bad

gaston

eacea4bd, 2014-09-26, 01:37PM CDT

Hello all, its me again with the [email protected]

As I posted before, I sent our stories to several news websites. But, in order to speed up the procedure, I want to ask you all to send your stories (as a message) to 2 facebook pages: https://www.facebook.com/newyorker

I am sure that if they will receive several complaints they'll publish it sooner.

Thank you and good luck to us all.

30bc852c, 2014-09-30, 07:44AM CDT

Just to add to the comments made by others. Same experience. I read the contract carefully when purchasing a 20 USD contract from PrePaid Mobile (on Simple Mobile). I was aware that money would be taken as a deposit from my debit card. I was very sure to clarify with the sales assistant, however, that this was a refundable deposit and would be returned to me at the end of my service.

My receipt is attached to a "Sim Card Agreement" -- of which the ink, conveniently is beginning to fade dramatically -- which states that the deposit will be refunded once the transaction number is emailed to [email protected]

I have not yet heard back from this address, although I am still hoping to do so. Needless to say, I am still awaiting the return of the 326.61 USD taken from my account.

It is more than clear to me that this vendor, situated at 488 Fashion Ave in Manhattan, is designed, in particular, to trick those who do not live in New York permanently.

traveler t., 2014-09-30, 08:01PM CDT

tHE same happend to me today, the told the as all the person here and chsrged 853 dollar more than the total price please iam still in new york if some bady can tell me what to do just contact me nmartinez_003hotmail.com i will be here until friday..

011850b8, 2014-09-30, 10:04PM CDT

I just received my rebate back after 180 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - THANK YOU

bbbd2253, 2014-10-01, 12:12AM CDT

Dear Martinez, I suggest you immediately call New York Police Department (NYPD) and explain your complain to them in detail. Their number is 800-577-8477.

Alternatively you can lodge this shops detail to the following URL of NYPD:

Please also report your complain to the following New York consumer protection portal:

Hope you have not signed the Credit Card receipt. You should also contact your Credit Card supplier bank to report this case, so that they can file the dispute to the credit card supporting bank in USA.

We should do our best to ensure that the shop management is punished for their crime and is not able to cheat any one else from now on.

Best regards,

MQI

eacea4bd, 2014-10-01, 08:03AM CDT

I found the owner profile on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/akbar.chaudhry?fref=ts

I will try to write him in order to see what does he have to say about everything.

2adb7eaf, 2014-10-02, 03:35AM CDT

Same thing happened with us 2 days back. They charged us $250 without our consent and refused to take it back. This is a total scam, they should be reported!

Sheldon N., 2014-10-01, 09:38AM CDT

Stay Away from This Store, is All I have to Say...STAY AWAY... These guys are trained con artiste...Authorized NEW YORK City Crooks..Approved by NYC..since the authorities are well familiar with them, that allow for unsuspected visitors to be robbed by these people on a daily basis.

I have reported the matter to the BBB, but they had no response from the company ...(BBB is just a waste of time and effort).

Prepaid Mobile Shop LLC/Gogo Mobile "What ever their SCAM name is" have no respect for the NYC authority and the sad part is that the people in charge of NYC know of these guys and what they are doing, YES i am BASHING the NYC/BBB and NYC Business Community since nothing is being done to shut these thieves down. Basically allowing innocent visitors that come to Manhattan and spend billions of dollars on an annual basis, that significantly help run your economy to get robbed without you guys doing anything about it. Just go ahead and Google Prepaid Mobile Shop LLC and you will see the MANY MANY MANY complaints of visitors who were robbed.

In July 2014 on a visit to Manhattan with my daughter, I decided to purchase the I phone unlocked cell from the store. Whilst there the staff was very friendly wanting to know where I was from and pretending to know my country (creating small talk). I asked the price of the I phone and was told it was ON SPECIAL for $299.99. I said no problem. Then I was pulled aside by the sale person and was informed of the following:

I was told that because the phone was unlocked, that I cannot use the phone on US network such as Verizon/Sprint/AT&T/T Mobile for 6 monts/180 days or else I will be charged a further US$249.99. I had no problem with this, since I did not Live in the US and did not plan on using the phone on a US network anyway.

I again asked what was I to be paying right now for the phone and he said US$299.99 plus tax, I AGAIN stated that this is only what ($299.99 PLUS TAX) I am willing to pay.

"This is where it starts to get good" The other sales persons started asking more question about my country etc, creating even more conversation, basically distracting you on what is to take place.

The sale guy produces two invoices, one for the phone $299.99 and the other for $249.99 in the event I break the agreement and register the phone on a US network. I again stated that I am only paying US$299.99 for the phone and nothing more, they agreed.

During this process my card was being swipe and all of the paper work was being printed (on one week fade away carbon paper with fading ink, luckily i copied the receipts). He then placed all the invoices together for signing including the credit card receipt properly folded and placed in between the other receipts, with the credit card amount folded to hide the charges, while you are being distracted with conversation from the other sales persons during signing.

Two days later while checking my account I realized that my card was charged for the full amount of $578.99 inclusive of tax. I went back to the store to have the matter rectify and was told that i will get a refund in 6 months, I then informed and reminded the sale person who sold me the phone, that I never agreed to pay $578.99 but $299.99 plus tax and that what he has done was unprofessional and unethical. I tried to return the phone, but was told that i cant since i had already opened the phone package.

He then informed to contact Mr Chuck Dailey at [email protected] who responded about 4 days later and stated I will have a refund in 6 mths. I explained to Mr Dailey what had happen and he emailed me the credit card slip sign for $578.99, to my surprise as it was the first time I saw that slip for the amount. I made reports, to BBB etc.

These guys are professional Crooks and hopefully they will rob the wrong person soon and gets what really coming to them...can't wait to read about that....

I have read some comments where some others have gotten back their money after six months, I don't know if they are also part of this SCAM, I will let you know if i get my money back..which I really doubt. So Do your SELF A HUGE HUGE favour and STAY AWAY FROM PREPAID MOBILE SHOP, GOGO MOBILE LLC in New York City.

If you DON'T take my warning and get ROB..DON'T TRY CALLING Them, THE PHONES DON'T WORK.....ONLY BUSINESS PLACE IN THE 1st WORLD THAT SELLS PHONES AND THE BUSINESS LINE DON'T WORK... AMAZING

Olimpio M., 2014-10-01, 10:01AM CDT

Congratulations, Sheldon.

You perfectly described the 'modus operandi' of these stealers.

They're well trained team.

One of the guys starts a friendly talk, asking where the customer is from, and how long will he be in NYC, and so on.

While the other one swipes your credit card ...

When you describe this scene I can see exactly what happened to me.

It's a scam ...

traveler t., 2014-10-01, 02:38PM CDT

I went again today to this shop to give me my money back and they didnt want me to accept the phone back, so i call the police and they have to give me back 890 Dollars but took the phone and total they chardged to my card was 1300 dollars, i have to go to put a complain in customer services and the police said that is clear that they are cheating peapple but every body has to make conplain..

traveler t., 2014-10-01, 02:39PM CDT

a369baaa, 2014-10-01, 03:58PM CDT

GOT ALL MY MONEY BACK as soon as I realised it was a con. After checking with complaints .com, I had my bank open a dispute and refund all of the fraudulently deducted money.

They will do it if you dont take no for an answer well done Halifax uk

We cant let these Bastards win

Sheldon N., 2014-10-01, 04:19PM CDT

Traveler

I am really happy that you went to the Police (NYPD), your are lucky that you have visited this site on time to realize what was happening and that you are still in NYC, Please refer our problem to the NYPD, by telling them about the many complaints of the persons on this site. If there is particular Police officer or dept that we can contact and make a formal report, please let us know the email address and other telephone contact number

a369baaa, 2014-10-01, 06:18PM CDT

They will do it if you dont take no for an answer well done Halifax uk

We cant let these Bastards win

traveler t., 2014-10-01, 08:50PM CDT

HELLO AGAIN. WE REDACTED THIS NEWS IN A WEB SITE TO TRY EVERY BODY TO KNOW ABOUT THIS SHOP,

HERE IS THE LINK WITH THE NEWS. http://www.maske3.com/detalles_noticia.cfm?post_id_value=1364

I WILL TRY TO SEND ALSO TO THE TV.

eacea4bd, 2014-10-02, 06:35AM CDT

Hi Traveler!

Good for you! I will be happy to contact also any police officer or department if you have the details.

I am going to post this store details in any website in my country (and there are many) to inform any future visitor not to buy in this store!

There are many people here from different countries, so please do the same!!!

eacea4bd, 2014-10-02, 08:38AM CDT

Hi everyone! please review the shop on Yelp website:

So people would stay away!!!

Vincent, 2014-10-02, 03:52PM CDT

hello everybody

I googled the name of this store and I came across this post and it seems that I am not the only one who were fooled and cheated from this store. I am from Vietnam went to new York on past august, I went to the shop to buy a tourist or second hand mobile phone . The salesperson offered me iphone 5 with discounted price around $ 350 and he insisted that it is a very good offer. I decided to buy this phone with some calling credits. The salespersons ( short Hispanic guy) said that I could buy $100 of calling credits with just $ 50.I agreed on that, but he printed me a receipt of $ 1499 the price of the phone and the calling credits fees. He claimed that the extra charge is kept for potential calling credit use and not charged completely. He said that all eastern coast of USA work this way and I should not be worried. This turns to be a lie of course. This is shame I did not expect this to happen to me especially in a great city like New York. I registerd in this site just to share my experience with you. All the best and good luck

Shoshanna S., 2014-10-02, 07:57PM CDT

Hey same happened to me and my friend, we are german, so no native speakers, we just wanted to buy a normal sim-card for 10 dollars on it, the salesperson seemed nice and used phrases like "you have a 329 dollar limit" and you will be charged if you buy some extras, but when we went to our hostel we saw that they charged us 329 dollar each. We were totally angry and went to the shop next day, and the guy kept on telling us that he explained it to us, which isn't true, and that we get the money back after one month. We wrote an e- mail to the customer service and they wrote us we get the money back after 180 days, so the salesman lied two times in my face and i really hope that i get my money back after 6 month, otherwise i will engage a lawyer, these people are real thieves and bastards! I am not in new york anymore so i cant go in the shop to yell at them, but i called them today, i was really angry!!!! I hope the police will come and arrest all these people immediately. If you are in new york, go to this shop and yell at theae people!

traveler t., 2014-10-02, 06:52PM CDT

Hi, what every body has to do is, go in this website www.ag.ny.gov this is the bureu of consumer frauds and protection.

The adress is 120 broadway, 3rd flor NY,NY10271-0332 tel 212-416-8300 fax 212-416-8787. This is the place you have to go or call, they already know my case you can fill the complaint up by webside and send all documents you have from thestore

lets try all together this peaple from the shop go to jail. The person i spoke today told dont worry they will catch them.just tell the truth

Sheldon N., 2014-10-02, 07:24PM CDT

Well Done Traveller T. I really do appreciate your effort in getting these fools. I will file a complaint

84576495, 2014-10-02, 10:07PM CDT

Hi everyone,

More than 70 different stealing stories posted in this thread, I did not expect when I first posted my story that there are many other people had or will have the same experience. How many people were stolen and robbed by those people and could not have the chance to write their stories here or never even heard about this thread. What makes those guys dare to commit all of these crimes at one of the most famous area in the world. Someone advised me to file a complaint against this shop at the US embassy in my country, I would try to do that asap and let you know the result. For us all, money is not as important as the importance that our communities become clean from those thieves.

eacea4bd, 2014-10-03, 02:13AM CDT

Thank you traveler!. I filled a complaint on : www.ag.ny.gov.

Good Luck

9952a532, 2014-10-03, 07:47PM CDT

Hi all.

I emailed the company and they told me I will get my money back.This was the email address:

[email protected]

I will wait for 180 days. I will keep you all updated.

-Jose

Ed R., 2014-10-04, 11:34AM CDT

we are doing all the neccesary to let the people knows about the abuse of this store http://www.maoentrerios.com/2014/10/tiendas-de-telefonos-pre-pago-estafan.html

traveler t., 2014-10-04, 03:55PM CDT

hi you can also fill a complaint up in this adress

you can do it on line, mail or fax

File your complaint online

Note: You will be redirected to a web page where you must register an account with the City of New York. Read Frequently Asked Questions on Submitting Complaints

If you do not want to register an account:

Go to 311 Online. You do not have to enter contact information to submit a complaint. However, without your contact information, DCA will consider your complaint a tip.

OR

Mail or fax your complaint. Download the File Your Complaint form in:

English Espa?ol ????? ?? Krey?l Ayisyen ??? ???????

Submit TWO copies of the completed form and related documents (e.g., store receipts, warranties, contracts, etc.). Do not send originals.

d54ddbd0, 2014-10-04, 06:59PM CDT

Me paso exactamente lo mismo. Que se puede hacer?

traveler t., 2014-10-05, 09:28AM CDT

hola , veo que mucha gente sigue siendo victima de esta tienda. si aun sigues en nueva york ve a la tienda y que te devuelvan el dinero si no quieren llama al 911 tal y como hice yo al momento de entregar el movil procura que te den un recibo para que luego puedas justificar que devolviste el movil y haci poder pelear el otro importe ya que ellos solo querran devolverte el deposito y se quedaran tanto con el movil y el valor total del movil. tambien

mas arriba escribi la dirreccion donde puedes ir en nueva york a poner la queja

aqui te la dejo

website www.ag.ny.gov this is the bureu of consumer frauds and protection.

traveler t., 2014-10-05, 07:39PM CDT

hi, every can also file a complaint in this link. do it as many places you can

traveler t., 2014-10-05, 07:51PM CDT

you can also fill a complain here Consumer Frauds and Protection Bureau

New York City Office

120 Broadway

New York , NY 10271-0332

(212) 416-8300

Click here for NYC Complaint Form [Spanish]

Vincent, 2014-10-05, 08:20PM CDT

Hi I disputed to my bank regarding their transaction.. and after 14 days, my bank said that they denied the dispute after they provided falsified receipt with fake signature claiming that this is a copy of the receipt that was given to the customer who signed and agreed on the store policy. what bastards, is not that a crime guys in the USA?. plz advise.

b9fc59d1, 2014-10-06, 04:04PM CDT

Hi - I've had the same problem as everyone else on this page. I was charged $435.49 for phone credit after buying a $30 sim. They appear to target travellers rather than local New Yorkers. I was also advised that I had to wait 180 days to get my money back. I went into the store several times and eventually they agreed to reimburse me via cheque for the money minus a $99 'cancellation fee'. I took this offer as I don't trust them to be getting any money back once I left New York. They are definitely scammers and very slick. I have registered a complaint with BBB and the dept of consumer affairs. The more that people complain the higher the chance that something will be done about them. By the way when I showed them this page with all these complaints and they said that people just make things up.

84576495, 2014-10-06, 05:12PM CDT

Hi guys,

I would love from anyone to email me the receipt that he got from this store so I can file them altogether in one complaint at the USA embassy as a consumer fraud case, Plz email me yours at foxy1421(at)Gmail.com

5fbd1de2, 2014-10-16, 12:20PM CDT

Hello ,

the same just happen also to me few hours ago.They put me in front two bills one with the price of 26.66 and bellow another one with 348.66 i realized that they scammed me after i recived the text message from the bank.They are big layers and i cand not explain how the NYPD let them do this to tourist in such a big city and civilzed city and country. I sent now message to the bank and i am trying to blockee the money.Good luck to evrybody.

traveler t., 2014-10-17, 05:01PM CDT

HI , IF you are still in new york just go to Consumer Frauds and Protection Bureau tel

Consumer Helpline: 1-800-771-7755 adress 120 Broadway New York , NY 10271-0332(212) 416-8300 or by internet http://www.ag.ny.gov/consumer-frauds/Filing-a-Consumer-Complaint also file a complaint in better bussines bureau, all they have already cases from this store and more peaple makes complants will help better to stop this frauds

2f77723c, 2014-10-20, 03:46PM CDT

It happened to me a month ago.The workers there seem friendly enough, but the more I think about it, the more I find the whole experience fishy. I bought sim card with $25 plan, and he explained to me the deposit would be $200 which would be returned 180 days. I thought, okay, it's much better deal than the $50 dollars plan I originally used. But then when I thought everything was clear, he took me away to some back corners to explain "further", but in actuality he was saying the same thing over and over again. And there comes in the part that still stress me to today; before doing that, he told me to show him something that proves who I am, like drivers license, passport, social security no. etc. I had none of that, so I showed him my credit card. I thought he would just check my name and give it back to me right back. But no, when he ushered me to the corner to "explain further" he left my card on the counter, with another worker keeping an eye on it. When I seem highly reluctant to leave it as it is, I mean,seriously, he assured me that 'It is safely kept'. Now that I think over and over in my head, I become extremely stressed and highly paranoid, but at that time the worker kept talking to me and asking questions that I was highly distracted.

And then after a month I went to the store to get the refill for my plan, and they said that $25 can't be paid in the store by cash, I need to go online to do it. WTF, and I am still not sure what website they are talking about. And if that was the case, they were suppose to tell me this kind of stuff first time. I had been to their website as well, but basically there is nothing there. And my receipt started fading the day after I got it, and it's virtually white right now. I tried to send email to rebate and recharge, but kept getting the mail saying they would reply in 24-48 hours, which they never did after five days.

I am getting highly stressed and still can't believe something like this is happening.

a7d2eec3, 2014-10-24, 12:05PM CDT

What a catalogue! Yup. I got done by PREPAID MOBILE, on Fashion Ave., too. Just arrived in NYC and wanted to get mobile SIM for two weeks holiday. $10 plus $5 for 5 hours international. Sounded good... That packed up after a week. Phone company (mysimplemobile) absolutely useless. Phone barely worked out in the country (New Hampshire). $399.99 on my credit card. What a sucker I was - they must have laughed as they saw me walk through the door. So am now trying to get it back through the credit card company; we'll have to wait and see.

DON'T USE THEM!!!!!

Micheline M., 2014-10-24, 05:12PM CDT

Micheline M

I have Get m'y money ba ck exact l'y 6 months later

Micheline M., 2014-10-24, 05:14PM CDT

Micheline M

I have Get m'y money ba ck exact l'y 6 months later

9b8b93ca, 2014-10-25, 10:10PM CDT

I had a bad experience here recently.

Everyone should file a report with IRS here: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/How-Do-You-Report-Suspected-Tax-Fraud-Activity%3F

for FAULSE/ALTERED DOCUMENT and maybe ORGANIZED CRIME?

Here only IRS can get people into real trouble.

jeehye k., 2014-11-06, 01:01AM CST

I had experienced same case. It happened on Oct 3th. After I came back from NY, made sure it was scam. I summit the complainment to the card company but they don't do anything and charge me that purchase. I sent email several time to [email protected] and [email protected] But they sent back to me with same anwser as " According to our records and the signed agreement your refund will be due withi 180 days of the date of purchase" then from a week ago they don't even read my email. Can I trust them and have to wait for 6 months?

5fbd1de2, 2014-12-10, 01:33PM CST

I am stil wondering how the NYPD and other competent structures of goverment let them do this .I am sure that they now and that they be informed via by BBB Ofice .In the middle of New York to do such things .They are very welltrained and acting exactly like a gang in order to distruct your attention , different questions where are you from?after you give them the card you are done you can not do nothing , from good sellers becoming very arogants and they change the attitude tottaly.

I sugest to BBB and to all competent persons to do something with those thives!

I suggeste strongly to be written in newspaper about those thieve and if a television can present them.The store that i was is in manhattan on Broadway Street the name is Best Broadway Mobile i suggest to check all kind of this stores and for the tourist avoid as much as possible!!!

AND DO NOT BELIEVE MICHELLE OR WHATEVER WITH STORIES THAT RECEIVED MONEY BACK>THE ONE THAT IS WRITTING THIS OBVIOUSLY ARE THE SAME THIEVES FROM MAROCCO OR WHATEVER

1bc3eca4, 2014-11-13, 10:51AM CST

Right now I am in New York and Yesterday (11/12/2014)I went to this shop and same story happened with me. The store guy told me its 20 USD plan for a month. I said fine give it to me and I was paying by cash, he said we need yourr credit card for security and authentication, I gave it. He swapped card for 571 USD and then told me that 544 USD is deposit and you will get it back after you finish your plan. He never asked me that you have to pay deposit for a prepaid sim and charged from my card. They are truly robbers. Not sure what should I do. I contacted customer care, they said this is a deposit and you will get once plan is over thats it.

Please suggest what should I do now. I am here for quite a few days. I can go to NYPD or consumer burea or any other place if needed.

Sheldon N., 2014-12-10, 01:39PM CST

It truly unbelievable how these people are continuing on a Day to Day basis of rubbing and defrauding people and the Authorities in Manhattan is doing absolutely nothing about this, after all the many complaints. Look at this complaint list. This is really ridiculous. BBB and others are just waste of time. These people don't even respond or take any concern of them.

I suggest to latest guy who was rob by the store to go the NYPD. Absolute crap, I wish i was still in the US I would of protest in front of that store.

I cant wait for them get whats coming, really hope it is bad.

eacea4bd, 2014-11-14, 03:20AM CST

Hi 1bc3eca4, there are several things you can do:

Consumer Helpline: 1-800-771-7755

or by internet: http://www.ag.ny.gov/consumer-frauds/Filing-a-Consumer-Complaint

or file a complaint in this link:

URL of NYPD:

New York consumer protection portal:

Good luck

dc75096a, 2014-11-14, 01:22PM CST

Hi, it happened to me as well. I purchased an item which cost about $200 but after coming to the appartment I noticed that an additional sum of $1000 !!! was charged from me. The pattern of the behaviour was the same, salesmen tried very hard to distruct me by small talk. Thanks to all the complaints on this site I have placed a complaint in cosumers frauds. They told that they will take care of it immediately because it is the second complaint on the same day for "Prepaid mobile". I really hope that I will receive my money back. Please advise whether anybody received their money back.If so, what was the process of refunding.

Micheline M., 2014-11-14, 02:37PM CST

I have received my money back exactly 6 month after I bought the card

1bc3eca4, 2014-11-14, 02:47PM CST

Micheline....don't try to act smart...we can see you posted the same reply in October month also...are you buying sim card every day and trying to get refund? Just don't try to post anything...I know you are from prepaid mobile side...just keep your mouth shut...I have already filled a complain...and if its not resolved..I will come to your shop with Cops...I am here only...to kick you a*#%&..will not spare any of you..wait and watch...better you give all our money quickly...we are not first time visitors

traveler t., 2014-11-21, 11:49AM CST

hi, every one that, has been cheated by prepaid mobile just have to file a complaint in

departments consumer affairs (DCA) they already have my case and they told that to make a full investigation they need more complaints of diferent peaple they are already helping me but i want to make sure that the police close this place to make them stop doing this to peaple so just file the complaint ,i sent my by fax ,here is the adrees to do it online and the phone below. http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/resources/complaint.shtml

traveler t., 2014-11-21, 11:50AM CST

departments consumer affairs (DCA) they already have my case and they told that to make a full investigation they need more complaints of diferent peaple they are already helping me but i want to make sure that the police close this place to make them stop doing this to peaple so just file the complaint ,i sent mine by fax ,here is the adrees to do it online and the phone below. http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/resources/complaint.shtml

d2656717, 2014-11-21, 01:26PM CST

dear all, unfortunately i was cheated by those guys almost 2 months ago, so i filed a complaint with the consumer affairs office, i described my case and told them everything. i really don't know what they are waiting for, that it reaches a number of a ten thousand people or what? one complaint even should be enough to close the shop prepaid mobile at fashion avenue. i'm really disappointed, i spent miseralbe days in new york, just because of this bad experience. please also make a complaint with your bank, tell them how it is, and the guys there become very rude after while when asking them about receiving the money back, so it's like a robbery with consent, because there's no chance to get the money, we all know that. good luck to all of us...

d2656717, 2014-11-21, 01:28PM CST

dear all, unfortunately i was cheated by those guys almost 2 months ago, so i filed a complaint with the consumer affairs office, i described my case and told them everything. i really don't know what they are waiting for, that it reaches a number of a ten thousand people or what? one complaint even should be enough to close the shop prepaid mobile at fashion avenue. i'm really disappointed, i spent miseralbe days in new york, just because of this bad experience. please also make a complaint with your bank, tell them how it is, and the guys there become very rude after while when asking them about receiving the money back, so it's like a robbery with forced consent, because there's no chance to get the money, we all know that. good luck to all of us...

Business Reply  Vladimir P., 2014-12-10, 02:03PM CST

This post is on behalf of Prepaid Mobile Shop LLC

If anyone fails to abide by our terms and conditions they can take it up with their financial institution. If customer fails to read any agreements he/she acknowledges that they've had the chance to read any agreements presented to them. Any complaints direct it to our complaints department via email [email protected] Thank you for your patronage.

VP Marketing & Business Devlopment

jeehye k., 2014-11-27, 07:06PM CST

Dear all,

Good news is here. I've kept sending emails to them and yesterday I sent the email in strong manner.

Today, they replied me the process of my refund is approved so I could get the refund back.

As I wrote before, I purchased 2 USIMs and made around $400 deposit on Oct 2nd.

If I get the refund back on hand, I'll update my status.

Good Luck!

Daniel C., 2014-11-29, 04:54AM CST

My deal in the store was only $ 649 + TAX !!!

And the seller took from my credit card $ 326.61 without my consent and without my request and I did not authorize, and he charged my credit card $ 326.61 more and said that this charge will return to me within 1 week, after I will send the email to Ms.Ashley Haung: [email protected] ,

And he asked me to not put US company Sim card in new Iphone. And I explained him few times that this phone going to use out of USA and will not plan use with US Sim card never.

I sent an email at least 10 times, and till now the money was not returned to me.

I was very upset, I asked from seller to cancel the transaction immediately, but he refused, and he threatened me not to cancel the transaction, forceful manner, and the seller did not agreed to cancel the transaction, and he said that if I cancel the deal will require me $ 300 fine.

And if they will not get refund of $ 326.61 to my PayPal account within few days, then I will go to a Police station in New York and will submitted a complaint against the store, for the cheating and fraud.

traveler t., 2014-11-29, 09:23AM CST

If you do nothing , you will never see your money back, just fallow the recommendations we have gave in comments before.

b9fc59d1, 2014-11-30, 06:54PM CST

Hi - you need to make a complaint to the Department of Consumer Affairs New York. if everyone does this they will have enough evidence to do something. I have made a complaint. I also kept going back to the store so they eventually and unwillingly gave me back most of my money. You must be persistent. That is the only thing that seems to work with thee guys. if you have left New York keep pestering them with emails and post a comment on whatever website you can find. Helen

b9fc59d1, 2014-11-30, 06:55PM CST

Hi - you need to make a complaint to the Department of Consumer Affairs New York. if everyone does this they will have enough evidence to do something. I have made a complaint. I also kept going back to the store so they eventually and unwillingly gave me back most of my money. You must be persistent. That is the only thing that seems to work with these guys. if you have left New York keep pestering them with emails and post a comment on whatever website you can find. Helen

b9fc59d1, 2014-11-30, 06:56PM CST

Celine, 2014-12-01, 12:38PM CST

Hi,

I have shared the same bad experience. Infortunately, I have returned in France and I can't complained face to face to those thieves.

Following your advices, I have just filled complaints that I am going to post at:

- consumer frauds and protection bureau,

- NYC department of consumers affairs.

I will keep you inform,

Celine

adef782f, 2014-12-05, 11:25AM CST

Turns out, I'm stupid and lucky. Stupid because I relaxed and allowed myself to be scammed by these guys, lucky because my bank rejected their transaction and blocked my card, as I found out later that night. I'm not inclined to go back for some reason and I don't think I want to spend the rest of my short vacation testifying to NYPD. Have a nice day.

d98546e7, 2014-12-08, 02:23PM CST

I ve a problem with the prepaid shop branch 32 with Broadway after the manager of that branch agree with me about the prise of tow iPhones he asked me my Visa card and after I gave it him he made the transaction and gave me one telephone only and told me that the other one ll be approved next days . I told him how can I pay for tow iPhones and recieve one only now . He spoke me in a very bad and agressive way and told me that the transaction is cancelled and go out. I made a communication with my bank to check about that transaction but they told me that it s not assured to be cancelled yet.when I went to other branch they toled me that i m not allowed to buy from our shoppes for three dayes . It s not a matter for me now to buy from that shope and that trade name again but my interest now is how to get my mony back again and how could be such a way of dealing with a customer from such a person . Can I have a quick reply ? .

1bc3eca4, 2014-12-10, 02:18PM CST

Vladimir Preval - you r right..If customer fails to read any agreements he/she acknowledges that they've had the chance to read any agreements presented to them. Do you understand or aware...of that your guys never say about such terms when a customer talk to them? they swipe the card with unreasonable and different amount without asking customer? Do you think a to buy a prepaid sim card for 15-20 days a customer will pay you 499 deposit and waste his time complaining here and there? You know AT&T or T mobile or any other reputed vendor...how much they charge for a prepaid sim valid for a month?....just 35-45 USD depending upon your plan and no deposit...? Are you a company coming directly from moon? Its fair business practice that customer believes what they are told by sales man...no one believe that someone is cheating them like this..specially at a place like times square NY?..Listen your guys never say that they charging this amount and they ask for signing by saying its just a formality...for our records...they even don't agree that theye have swapped an amount higher than what was agree..they agree only once the customer get to know from their bank...TELL ME IF YOU WILL GO TO SOME OTHER COUNTRY AND NEED A PREPAID SIM CARD WHICH WILL ASK YOU 600 USD...WILL YOU BUY? YOU WILL RATHER SLAP THAT GUY AND MOVE ONE..Anyways...you guys will have your bit soon...and don't try to make fool out of people by writing VP and all fancy designation..there is no such @##$% company like this ..it has just few stores...there are few guys behind this...one of them is Ali Ghaderi..and there are few more...its just a consortium of few Pakistanis and black americans....soon you will face the consequences of your deeds..

1bc3eca4, 2014-12-10, 02:23PM CST

Vladimir Preval (so called VP Marketing & Business Devlopment)...you are just a store guy who sits on fashion avenue store....and the most senior guy from all those crooks on that store...sometime they call you manager also...you think you can be VP Marketing and Business Development of any company....? Think 100 times and you will realize you don't deserve anything more than a crooks job..you can just cheat people..you cant do business...you just wait and watch..you will realize when things will come back to you only...

2ef4f8fa, 2014-12-15, 08:50PM CST

Same happened to me .. They just charged my credit card thrice and I noticed next day ..

What should I do now ? Where to complain ?

They are crooks ..beware of them

Stacey, 2014-12-16, 08:31AM CST

Adam at this store (they have another one at 1265 Broadway) deducted $2177 from my credit card for two Sims that I was told were $50 and $20, one for a modem one for a phone.

They have refused to (unsurprisingly) to reverse the charge. My bank is disputing the charge, they reported it as suspicious, but unfortunately allowed the transaction.

Probably won't mean much but here's their Yelp page.

I've also filed a complaint with the FCC and will go to the police.

I've bought Sims in back streets of developing countries, but I get screwed by an arsehole called Adam in NYC. Taking advantage of jetlagged tourists is a really shitty way to make a living Adam.

1bc3eca4, 2014-12-16, 09:00AM CST

They are true asholes...stacy..don't spare them...also file an online complain to better business buero of new York..I did and they following my case too...call the police if needed let me know..I can come along too...its just that I will be in NY on 26th December onwards....I know these are completely crokks....

1bc3eca4, 2014-12-16, 09:00AM CST

7b343ddc, 2014-12-16, 10:10PM CST

Anyone here has the void sale receipt? He gave me that but 4 days have gone back by and nothing happened yet. Reading this I got quite reasons to believe that's a fake receipt. Tomorrow I'm going to nypd and then I'm at the store to make some noise. $321.19 was charged when it was suppose to be $221.19. Besides I have got no camera.

bd70d02f, 2014-12-17, 10:50AM CST

To everyone reading this my name is Vladimir Preval. I was a former employee of Prepaid Mobile. If you are reading this it means you have either brought an electronic product or a Sim card from Prepaid Mobile. If you signed the Prepaid Mobile agreement the only way to get your money back is to pay the $99.99 cancellation fee or wait 6 months. But waiting 6 months is not guranteed that you will get your money back. I recommend paying the cancellation fee because you get your money back instantly. If you really want to get your money back call the NYPD exactly 7 times and NYC consumer affairs 25 times. Legally a NYC business can charge whatever they may feel. So legally you can make their lives a living hell. If they tell you that you have to leave the store that is a lie if you are not stealing anything and not saying any racial comments then they have no right to kick you out, you are the consumer. If they fail to grant you the cancellation fee that is illegal because it is stated in their company agreement. If you need help with your cancellation fee the two Store General Managers are Adam & Issac.

Good Luck Everyone

Chief Marketing Officer

www.SeLaviWorld.com

f6e86e4e, 2014-12-17, 02:16PM CST

Adam and Issac they are brothers Adam real name Akbar Chaudhry and Issac real name is Amjhad Chaudhry this two brothers along with their employees take money from costumers credit card for fun to support them selfs to satisfy their need. They are originally from Pakistan, but now they leave in Fresh Meadows Queens New York, they have been doing credit card scams since a young age and their father and mother has always supported them so much that both of them has serve a sentence in jail of 2 years at the age of 22-24 for charges of fraud including their father which serve 18 months and their mother. They will never give you a cent back which they have taken from your bank accounts which all you guys have work so hard for this guys just deserve to go back to jail for life and pay for all the damage they have caused to families in new york specially to foreign costumers which they explain a bullshit has agreement and make them sign once you signed they take the money out of your account Please guys read the agreement before you sign or do anything they are just two brothers they have nothing to do with simple mobile they just but preloaded sims and just take people money they buy all their phones from the street not from any company these guys don't deserve the right to have have freedom for that reason I am working day and night to make sure they get a life sentence in prison. THE STORE IS NOT LEGIT IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT FROM THEM YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY THIS EX CONVICTS AND THEY ARE SUPPOSEDLY MUSSLIMS WHICH IT GOES TOTALLY AGAINST THEIR RELIGION AND ALL THEIR MONEY IS CONSIDERED DRUG MONEY

1bc3eca4, 2014-12-24, 02:03PM CST

Vladimir Preval

You were also one of them when you were cheating innocent customers. they must have kicked you out after @#$$%$#@ you totally...so you are like a disgruntled employee...now you realizing they are cheat...if you are so true and nice guy why let them did that? I remember you misbehaved with me when I instantly asked for my money at your store? And still if you realizing your mistake why don't you first go to NYPD and complain about these guys? I will go with you, trust me, I am here in new York and all set to kick these guys out..I am talking to an attorney and will make sure these guys including you go to jail for longer term this time..unless you complain first to NYPD about these guys.....whether someone is a muslim or Christian or whatever....if he/she is doing wrong with innocent people...he will be punished...and you will see soon....

52359e98, 2014-12-17, 06:03PM CST

After i got scammed o contacted my bank.

And shortly after the gave me my monay back.

Now a couple of months after, Pre paid mobile have sent TWO reciets to my bank, ANd they STILL claime that i paid 1850 dollars for an iPhone!

And since they have reciets, My bank trust them more than me...

Now what!?

52359e98, 2014-12-17, 06:06PM CST

After i got scammed o contacted my bank.

And shortly after the gave me my money back.

And since they have reciets, My bank trust them more than me...

Now what!?

a5af038d, 2014-12-17, 07:02PM CST

hi every body, i found akbar Chaudhry Facebook here is the link https://www.facebook.com/akbar.chaudhry/media_set?set=a.10153453792715019.1073741826.694100018&type=3 , it seems that they dont give their real names to customer, what i can say to every body is , just call the police and dont move out the shop until get the p?lice to the shop, i also recomend you to pay the cancellation fee and try to get the rest of the money by making compliants in bureau conssumers frauds and protecci?n or in cunsumer affairs. just do it as fast as posible. i also wont rest until i see this peaple in jail, i also know the check all this post here to see what we are going to do against them.

Wasif M., 2014-12-19, 09:24AM CST

Hi Everyone

I am really confused. The exact same thing happened with me. I got the sim on 29 August, and they charged me $299 telling me that that was the credit limit they were giving me. Once the amount was charged, I went to the store with the reciepts and the guy told me I could claim it back after a month by sending an email.

I have been sending them emails since October, and they do reply. Sometimes telling me that my refund is being processed. In the last email, they asked me for signed copies of my receipts. I replied in a little harsh tone telling them that this was never the deal.

Anyway, I have been trying to send them the scanned signed copies of my receipts and I receive a delivery failure now as if the email address is not valid anymore. I am not in NY anymore. Can someone in NYC confirm that the store on 7th ave still exists or is the business gone and there is no way to claim that money back anymore?

006500f7, 2014-12-19, 02:23PM CST

A similar thing happened to me. I bought a phone and was told that if I do not use it with certain carriers that I will not have to pay a "No contract fee" of $399. When I got home I realized that they had deducted the price of the phone and the $399 "No contract fee" as one amount off my account. Their "agreement" says that it is a "deposit" and that I should claim it back from them in 6 months. I tried to contact them immediately, but their website does not exist, their e-mails don't work and I cannot go back to the shop. Luckily my bank is being very helpful (FNB South Africa)

f103652c, 2014-12-22, 10:33AM CST

Hi,

I was in NY last November and same situation happened with me,the shop address is Fashion ave 488 NY 10018

abd phone number 6467080739

I sent many mails to

[email protected] wiht my transaction

to

Both email i received

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain prepaid-mobile.co

eacea4bd, 2014-12-23, 09:05AM CST

Hi all,

Indeed all email addresses which worked before, does not work anymore!

And their website: http://www.prepaid-mobile.co/about-us.html, does not exist!

I think they're panicked!

If you have facebook, please send a massage with your story to :DNAinfo.com. A reporter is already checking this out, but I think they need a shake.

I really want to sue them with everything they have.

They deserve an awful punishment!!

3228aa1d, 2014-12-29, 10:42PM CST

The same thing happened to my girlfriend on november 27th, 1088.00 USD charged without her consent. She sent e-mails to: [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] and all of them with the same answer: "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently..." Unbelievable how does it can happen in NYC.

1bc3eca4, 2014-12-30, 07:53AM CST

File a complain to NYPD and ask your bank for stop payment. That's onlynway to deal with them else you will loose your money.

ebda3754, 2014-12-31, 12:32PM CST

Hi, I'm a reporter working on a story about this. Please contact me with stories at [email protected] Thanks

4f85e05a, 2015-01-02, 08:03AM CST

Just been done for $1300 refused to sign the credit card receipt, said they needed driving licence and credit card for ID verification also refused to sign their contract. All distraction technique then met me down the road when I went back to complain obviously as they don't want people walking in complaining. Paid for the SIM cards with cash, store manager Isaac has said he has processed a refund but bank have said that isn't the case. Really annoyed as money loaded on to that card was for hotel bill. Will be lodging a complaint with NYPD and better business bureau after store assistants in AT &T had a look at paperwork and gave us some advise. Really annoyed as has ruined first day of holiday and now we have this worry hanging over our heads

123a476e, 2015-01-02, 02:56AM CST

Hi Guys,

same happened to me on 30th of December at the Shop on 1265 Broadway. Their Homepage is www.simplemobilecentral.com It seems that this domain was created on 19.12.2014.

So they closed the other webpage and opened up that new one?!

I was offered a 1,5GB simple mobile data plan for "only" 10$ with an deposit of 499$ which I stupidly (in a rush) undersigned. Yesterday the amount was taken from my credit card...

I'm supposed to send an email to [email protected] after my 180 days period expires. The name of the transaction shows up as "PREPAID MOBILE 2" on my credit card information portal. So I'm sure the locations are connected with each other.

Hope this helps...

eacea4bd, 2015-01-02, 03:55AM CST

Very helpful! thank you!

This email seems to work: [email protected] instead of: [email protected]

Still haven't received any answer, but at least it didn't bounce back.

8ab9921c, 2015-01-02, 04:59AM CST

the owner name of this store is akbar chaudhry

his email is : akbarc6"gmail.com

mobile No. Administrative Contact Phone Number: +1.7182197367

call him and complain

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-02, 08:12AM CST

Same happened to us got a prepaid sim data card taken credit card and drivers licence for ID and disappeared came back and asked me I sign a credit card receipt which I refused to do along with contract they asked me to sign store was prepaid mobile 1256 broadway, going to NYPD to lodge a complaint this morning, am hopin they will go with me. I did go back to the store after speaking to the bank try asked me to get the store to sign something but they refused and Issac assured me he had already reversed the charge but the bank say they haven't. I can't believe they can get away with this it is daylight robbery. Even when I refused to sign they said oh don't worry we have what we need!!!

44a41af0, 2015-01-02, 09:19AM CST

cela 6 mois que j'essaye de r?cup?rer une caution abusive (d?posit de 217 usd)

... des voleurs

Je poursuis ces escrocs !!!

1bc3eca4, 2015-01-02, 09:11AM CST

Unless you complain to NYPD, nothing will happen. You won't get your money back at all. The only way to get your money back is call 911, NYPD and ask your bank yo out the money in dispute. Bank takes 8-10 weeks of times and investigate matter. If it is fine then only they will pay to the merchant else not. They have a mechanism with visa and MasterCard's for such matters. Any bank across the globe. Meanwhile bank does their investigation you file a complian to police and show that to your bank as proof of fraud. You can win in that situation else forget your money and ruin your vacation. More and more people file complain car will be strong. I did with better businesses buero and these guys have stopped replying to BBB. BBB has sent me message that we can't do much now you need to file complain with attorney. So BBB is aware of the fact that these guys are cheats. More complain more strong proof. Don't forget to mention their erstwhile name as prepaid mobile llc.

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-02, 05:36PM CST

Please make sure if you are in New York you get down to the Police station which is situated on 35th between 8th and 9th and request to lodge a complaint the officer leading the invetigation is Peter Rogers.

We went with NYPD earlier who arrested AC (CULPRIT), they have advised that we may need to return to New York for a court case I have agreed to do this, obviously this set up thinks you will not bother.

He was offered the choice of refunding the $1300 or be arrested, unfortunately he chose to make out he would do a refund placing the machine in offline mode, we later returned with NYPD after detectives noted a relation to the Fashion Avenue store and previous complaints and staked the store out until the brothers left the store and made an arrest.

Two other tourists were in the store at the time complaining.

The District Attorney will hear the culprit tomorrow morning.

AC - culprit attempted to stitch up the chap that actually swiped the card - they switch roles in store for this reason, he offered to give his employee up

He has many previous convictions for scamming, I have just called the card company and discovered further attempts to extract 3 further differing amounts from my card which the bank prohibited.

I will pursue this as not only has it ruined my holiday (I am legally qualified in the UK and they have scammed my card) I feel for those who are in a more vulnerable position than I, we were advised by NYPD that usually they are not so brazen and will only try for $299 and most tourists will write it off a loss rather than report it.

I was informed if I need to return to New York to ensure these fraudsters are prsecuted the DA will pick up our costs including flights etc from the UK.

LODGE A COMPLAINT, we can bring this down so no one elses holiday is ruined, they have ruined ours and I will do my upmost to ensure that this happens to no one else again.

NYPD also warn about camera stores and a place called Joes all within the same midtown pricinct disctrict, only shop in known stores and ALWAYS watch where any assistant goes with your cars - Keep them in sight.

FYI at arrest AC was found with a substantial amount of cash on him - lives well at our expense!

1d20f467, 2015-01-03, 11:59AM CST

Thanks for your Information. That are really great news! Was AC arrested at the 1256 broadway store? Unfortunately I already left NY today so I hope I can reach the NYPD officer via email or phone.

1bc3eca4, 2015-01-03, 08:21PM CST

Hey guys...I can come down to police station as I am in new York and if that helps the officer. I have all the receipts and everything.. Let me know ...in fact tomorrow I will be in times square only and may take some time out for the same.

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-03, 10:03PM CST

All the evidence they can get against them the better, go to the police station situated on 35th and 8th and advise them you want to lodge a complaint, Officer Rogers (Peter) is dealing with it, the DA has been in touch with us should be in court Monday. If you can ID who served you and swiped your card or provide photos I imagine this will help build the evidence further.

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-03, 10:04PM CST

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-03, 10:46PM CST

Also file complaints with office of costumer affairs; http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/resources/complaint.shtml and the Better business Bureau https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started select 'trac phone' as the business as they are the mother company of simple mobile and simple mobile have both NY prepaid mobiles stores as their authorised dealers. Complain to them and I am sure they will soon be de authorised.

If you complain to both of above as well as NYPD they have the powers to investigate and close stores down NYPD are not able to just close stores.

You can also tweet simple mobile use #fraud and make sure you direct the tweet to @SIMPLEMobile I don't think they'll appreciate the bad press and will at least stop them being an authorised dealer of their products

Sheldon N., 2015-01-05, 09:13AM CST

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING TO SEE THIS VERY VERY VERY LONG LIST. I Live in Trinidad in the Caribbean, really did not expect such a blatant crime to so many others to be carried out on daily basis in NEW YORK CITY.

Valdimir Preval you are amazing, imagine that you actually have the audacity to come on this forum and give advice. I guess it is true what they said." there is no honor amongst thieves" Because at the end of the day, you could take a bath, change you clothes and work a different place. You are still just a NASTY low live thief without morals and any class, moving around from job to job and spreading your trade like virus. Don't worry, every rope has its end, you too will rot in jail like those other assholes. On the good side for you, you seem like the type who will enjoy all the new husbands you will get in jail.

Their site is no longer working, so I take it they have already been given a new Legal name to start operating by the NEW YORK CITY business dept. After all these guys has to be legal entity authorised by NYC, since they are continuing to allow persons like these fools to operate.

I am actually scare after seeing this list to know of the many other who have been robbed and not register their complaints. I am just praying that these fools are not robbing us to fund nasty low live groups like Isis and other terrorist groups.

For my Friend in the UK 6a84d2c7, 2015-01-02, 05:36PM CST who is trying to take action, please provide us with NYPD Peter Rogers contact info. Wishing you all the best in helping put these asshole down.

395aea1a, 2015-01-05, 10:30AM CST

Hi, guys. I?m from Brazil and got robbed for US$ 1088 dollars aswell... The worst part is that Mastercard does not agree on cancelling the operation. It?s very easy to be have a scam like this when the credit card companies help you, right!??!?

Anyway, i?m trying to fill the complaint at http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/resources/complaint.shtml but i got stuck at the INCIDENT ADRESS section. Which adress did you guys use? Neither one i put gets validated.

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-05, 11:33AM CST

Officers email address is [email protected] we've spoken to the DA this morning new court date set for 13th Feb he advised of others are no longer in New York to contact him or the Officer the DA's email is [email protected] I think they realise it wasn't just us and what they are seeing now is just a tiny part of their scams. Make sure you get your bank to reissue new cards as I have concerns re potential identity theft going forward now, I'm going to change my address with the bank and ask for a PO Box address back in the UK.

Agreed MasterCard a bit useless they need to block this merchant entirely so all future transactions get declined

If you all report these crimes and attach copies of any 'receipts' and any paperwork given I am sure they are much more likely to dig deeper into the whole operation.

I'll set up an email later just for all of this stuff so we can help the rest of you make the relevant reports on BBB and with consumer affairs, determined to get all we can done done as this type of thing absolutely ruins peoples holidays

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-05, 11:34AM CST

Sheldon N., 2015-01-05, 12:58PM CST

Thank you for the contact info, I have already forward my info to both of them.

Sheldon N., 2015-01-06, 01:18PM CST

Thank you for the contact info, I have already forward my info to both of them.

b5d57d5a, 2015-01-05, 02:20PM CST

for those looking for their address at 488 Fashion Avenue, these are info from http://www.dos.ny.gov/corps/bus_entity_search.html:

Selected Entity Name: PREPAID MOBILE SHOP LLC

DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY

Current Entity Status:

ACTIVE

Selected Entity Address Information

DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)

PREPAID MOBILE SHOP LLC

488 7TH AVE

NEW YORK, NEW YORK, 10018

Registered Agent

NONE

1bda5bb7, 2015-01-05, 03:07PM CST

Thanks for the information. I also filed complaints at BBB and DCA + sent the information to the officer and his DA.

In our case we bought (September 24, 2014) a sim-card for 25 USD and a deposit of 500 USD was taken from our credit card. They told us the 500 USD was only a max amount related to the prepaid service. Only later we discovered it was also taken from my credit card...

56b71bac, 2015-01-06, 04:32AM CST

As a German tourist, I went there in September 2014 and wanted a data SIM for 15 USD during my short visit to NYC.

At the end they deducted 217 USD from my Credit Card. At the beginning they responded to eMails, promising to refund the difference. Later they wrote to refund within 180 days. And now my eMails cannot be delivered any more.

Extremely annoying and I strongly recommend to contact your Credit Card company immediately.

Do not pay these f*** a*** anything.

If somebody wants to bring them to court. You have my support!

4b11962d, 2015-01-06, 11:18AM CST

1bc3eca4, 2015-01-06, 12:47PM CST

Superb...!!!

35c52a90, 2015-01-06, 03:42PM CST

Hi everyone....I work for the FOX news show "Chasing" and I am looking to interview some of the victims from Prepaid Mobile...as I see there are many of you! We are doing this story Thurs Jan 8 so I need to Skype with you!

UPDATE: The story is running tonight, Jan 8 at 10pm on WWOR in New York and at 12:30am on FOX29 in Philly. I will try to put in a link to the story once it airs.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: My reporter spoke with a NEW manager that was brought in to clean up the mess. Everyone that was involved has been fired and he told our reporter that everyone will be refunded the money that they are owed. Send an email to [email protected]

I feel so bad for all of you who were taken advantage of. I wish everyone luck! Let me know what happens!

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-06, 04:46PM CST

56b71bac Have you reported to NYPD and DA? They are prosecuting you can keep track of updates on the NY court website https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcrim_attorney/DefendantSearch

Hope someone sticks a copy of Rosa's article on their store doors

Complain to simple mobile they may put an end to them being one of their authorised,dealers email them at [email protected]

Has anyone spoken to Fox News ?

Appears to be previous news here; http://www.newyorkcriminallawyer-blog.com/2010/03/queens-identity-theft-credit-c.html

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-06, 04:55PM CST

Hope someone sticks a copy of Rosa's article on their store doors

Has anyone spoken to Fox News ?

b5d57d5a, 2015-01-06, 05:24PM CST

Whoever that managed to get the culprit arrested, can you confirm that it was 'Adam', the younger brother that was arrested, not 'Isaac' the older brother? guy I spoke to definitely is way older than 27.

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-06, 06:41PM CST

Sorry can't confirm what their aka's are, I would have placed him at older than 27 though would have thought between 32-34 but I guess everyone's guess would vary slightly.

Sheldon N., 2015-01-06, 09:09PM CST

This is for the guys at Fox news, this is Sheldon from Trinidad, yes I will contact you tomorrow morning. Really happy to know that these guys are finally getting what they deserve. What about Vladimir Preval. who jumped ship and thinks he is saint now, He too should be charged.

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-08, 07:39AM CST

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-08, 08:06AM CST

I think this will be on Chasing NJ tonight as saw the preview at the end of last nights show, you can watch it live on their website if you are not in NY, it's on at 10pm New York time http://www.my9nj.com/category/267012/chasing-new-jersey?clienttype=generic&smartdevicecgbypass

Wasif M., 2015-01-08, 08:59AM CST

I have emailed the officer detailing the incident and the aftermath. *Fingers crossed*

35c52a90, 2015-01-08, 11:23AM CST

YES, the story is running tonight!

UPDATE: The story is running tonight, Jan 8 at 10pm on WWOR in New York and at 12:30am on FOX29 in Philly. I will try to put in a link to the story tomorrow.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: My reporter interviewed a NEW manager that was brought in to clean up the mess. Everyone that was involved has been fired and he told our reporter that everyone will be refunded the money that they are owed. Contact at: [email protected]

8d5636ae, 2015-01-08, 06:23PM CST

I am also a victim of that scam. Find below a letter that I wrote to them, the same day that I realised they have stolen from my account. Sadly, the cheap ink of the receipt is now blanked

17/09/2014

to recharge

Dear Sir/ Madam,

To Whom It May Concern

I arrived from the United Kingdom yesterday and walked into your at 1265 Broadway, New York, NY10001. After the transaction , the agent who served me asked for my identification and a bank card which I handed to him as he said it was for registration purpose only.

He never. Explained to me nor was I aware that when he took my card off me, he was actually deducting money , from my account which has affected bills and my stay in supporting my sister who has just lost her husband. This has left me stranded in USA as I don't have enough money.

I called the shop and they referred me to the SIM card agreement which was never given to me to read nor verbally explained to.

I have been on the phone with them few times and they are saying that I should email this address. I have also contacted simple mobile who are saying that there shouldn't be any charges as this plan is pre paid only.

Sadly, your company has ripped me off and have me stranded in supporting my sister and paying bills that I need to pay.

Therefore , I am asking for my money to be refunded to me. I have also contacted my bank and has informed them about this.

If only I had read all the negative reviews online, then I would not have been a victim Of this scam.

Can u imagine someone doing this to you on the first day that you arrive in the USA?

Angry customer

e4bd97ac, 2015-01-09, 09:00AM CST

The older brother is Amjhad Chaudry, aka Isaac. The younger brother is Akhbar Chaudry aka Adam, you guys will never see the money bag it was a scam from the beginning. Their contract isn't even legit some kids they had working for them made the whole thing up, I'm sorry guys but you will never get your money back they ran away back home to Pakistan.

eacea4bd, 2015-01-09, 02:37AM CST

Just wanted to update you all.

I sent an email to the address: [email protected]

and received an immediate response:

Greetings!

Please be informed that it will be credited back to you after 180 days from the date of purchase.

Steve John

Simple Mobile Central Support Team.

So, in a couple of days I will tell you if I got it or not!

Good Luck

bbbd2253, 2015-01-09, 05:25AM CST

I sent my complains to NYPD and DA. Hope they are doing their best to get this gang of thieves to task.

Also contacted to [email protected] for the refund. No reply yet. Will let you know as soon as I get a reply from them.

Can any one tell me how to see the this news as Fow News?

Qaisar

bbbd2253, 2015-01-09, 05:26AM CST

Can any one tell me how to see the this news as Fow News?

Qaisar

cca79f33, 2015-02-03, 09:39AM CST

They going to change their name to Vivo Lte

44a41af0, 2015-01-09, 10:44AM CST

My daughter and her friend bought a prepaid mobile sim card in this shop on july 1st 2014.they paid 15.00 $ each for a one week prepaid sim card .

They have been debited of 217.74 $ each for the prepaid plan sim agreement without their consent.

They have been told that this amount would be refunded as soon as they stopped using the sim card and they have not been refunded after max 180 days!

It's very difficult to fight against these scammers from abroad!

I sent many mails and calls , i complaint to NYPD but no refund so far.

I received this last response :

At this time we are only offering refunds via paypal please give us your paypal address and a scan copy of your valid ID so we can process your credit back.

Simple Mobile Central Support Team

After that bad experience you can imagine how suspicious one can be !!

I need guarantees and proof that this is not another scam before i give them my paypal account and id !

Has anyone communicate this details and got a refund?

I am very surprised that people in this shop can rip off tourists every day with total impunity in a city such as NYC! after so many complaints,this is revolting.

Thierry

1bc3eca4, 2015-01-09, 11:52AM CST

Don't give any other details.... They are framing you further...I believe

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-09, 01:06PM CST

Thierry, I'd advise you to contact the NYPD officer who made the arrest and the DA their emails are Officers email address is [email protected] and [email protected] Attach any receipts or documentation that you have. I didn't see Chasers last night only the preview from the night before and the chap behind the counter was one of those involved with the scam, I highly doubt they are giving the money back to everyone and have fired everyone, just them making out they will do the right thing.

How does anyone know they've gone to Pakistan?

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-09, 01:09PM CST

How does anyone know they've gone to Pakistan?

d2656717, 2015-01-09, 01:55PM CST

Thierry, please never ever give them any other details of your paypal or ID or whatever they want. Credit cards are usually insured, ask your bank, they'll find out that this was a robbery. And please cancel your credit card. When you read some of the former comments, you'll see that they promised a reimbursement, but took again money from the account, so you'll be cheated twice if you ask them for reimbursement. I hope the police department will have them pay all the money back they took illegally from us.

traveler t., 2015-01-09, 02:39PM CST

Hi,i can say that you don't have to trust in this peaple but i can say that nothing will happens if you give ghem your paypal account because is just your email and ghey can't do anything with that. And maybe is the better eay to get your fefund if they really want to do it because they refunded me part of the mobey taken from my credit card by paypal

and ghe rest of the money iam trying to get by the complaints i made.

6803c53c, 2015-01-10, 03:31AM CST

Well while going through comments I am sure that I am robbed too, infact I bought 2 IPhone 6 and they charged my credit card by telling that as iphones are unlocked and the company has contact with some local cell phone companies and they have to keep the security deposit until we start the phones from out side of USA.

Despite of many email they are not responding.

But I want to tell these people that i will travel back to USA and get out my money from these frauds.

faisal M., 2015-01-11, 03:54PM CST

i think they working very smartly on one end they are targeting the tourist while on other hand they are fulfilling the legal obligations too as a matter of fact they are getting our authorization on the clause that amount will returned after 180 days and they must have a team who is watching that which clients are persuading them hard and some refunds are also being returned just to tell authorities that they are returning the deposited amount( as in comments some of the customers got their refund)

But while going through all the comments it is very easy to ascertain the truth and NYPD should be approached to get hold of these people who are technicality slotting the people.

A similar thing happened to me. I bought 2 iphone 6 phone and was told that if I do not use it with certain carriers that I will not have to pay a "No contract fee" of 326.61 usd, for other phone they charged 272.18 usd because there was less money remained in my credit card limit.

After getting home I mailed them and they did responded and they have communicated their message that I have signed that until 180 days they can keep my money.( as mostly we trust and does not read the conditions)

Any how lets see whether they will honor their commitment or not but let me tell these people that in case of NO , I will travel back and get my money back and wont let them allow to keep my hard earn money just like that.

Faisal

traveler t., 2015-01-10, 09:23PM CST

Hi every body , here is the investigation that chasing NJ made about this scam and i made an interview with them, because it is time to stop them

b7b0be4c, 2015-01-12, 10:50PM CST

hi,

my 180 days are complete now but when I am mailing them, the mail is bouncing back. is there any new email address where we can contact them?

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-13, 01:38AM CST

Well done on the interview traveller t, did you recognise the apparent new manager in the film as swear he is one of the staff?! B7b0be4c have you emailed the NYPD officer and DA and the DCA and raised it with your credit card company?

b7b0be4c, 2015-01-13, 07:05AM CST

b7b0be4c, 2015-01-13, 07:08AM CST

Not yet as as per my earlier mail exchange they would refund my money in 180 days but now all their email address are bouncing so I dont know how to check with them first before going to police as I am from india and it would be difficult to contact the nNot yet as as per my earlier mail exchange they would refund my money in 180 days but now all their email address are bouncing so I dont know how to check with them first before going to police as I am from india and it would be difficult to contact the nypd

1bda5bb7, 2015-01-13, 07:19AM CST

[email protected] is working at the moment.

Sheldon N., 2015-01-13, 07:31AM CST

Thank you for the update and the link for my9ny show. I noted that they mentioned that those affected will be refunded. My question is that the email we had is not working, I have provide copies of my invoice to NYPD and the DA as per links provided. Is there another email address to send our info to.

Also what ever happen too the thieves? are they locked away as yet? Have the authorities seize their assets as yet?

Mauricio, 2015-01-13, 10:31AM CST

I am an international traveler visiting New York, I Looked for sim card prepaid and i found a shop called "Amazing wireless". I asked for the prepaid sim card and the salesman explain me how it works, i paid USD $20 in cash, but they asked for my credit card like waranty if I exceed the plan or I call to my country. He then printed me a receipt with USD $217 taken from my credit card without my consent. When I complained about this, he said this deposit will be refund at 180 days of the transaction date.

Today my transaction date is 180 days old, and I wrote to [email protected] but the email isn?t work. in many ocassions I wrote them but their answer were

"Dear Maruicio,

All refunds are credited after 180 days from the date of the transaction. Please contact us back after your exoneration period and we will happily credit you.

Best,

Michael Z

Prepaid Mobile"

Other answer

"Thank you for your patronage. We have already started to process your deposit back to credit/debit we have on file. All sim cards expire in 180 days and any credit that has not been utilized will be returned back. Your account will be credited once the sim cards expires. For any further updates, please contact us back after 180 days from the date of the transaction.

Best,

Michael Z

Prepaid Mobile"

My money don?t came back yet.

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-13, 11:20AM CST

You won't get your money back from them because it is a scam the whole thing is a con. The only thing you can do is complain to the DCA and better business bureau along with emailing your documents to the NYPD and DA. If you didn't complain to your credit card company at the time I imagine it is too late now, I can't imagine they will let you raise a dispute 6 months after a transaction as you would have needed to raise it as soon as you noticed.

Sheldon N., 2015-01-14, 09:45AM CST

The link provided for simple mobile above works, but you are basically getting the same type of response. They are still responding by saying "that when your 180 days agreement is up you will be refunded" and again finding myself having to explain to a new set fools that I NEVER agreed to have any additional amounts taken out or Stolen from card, the manager on news interview said they will repay affected persons. I am actually convince that all of these guys are link and way bigger than that 1st though and the US authorities and not just NYPD should really dig deeper to find out more about these fools and what they are really up to.

b9fc59d1, 2015-01-14, 06:37PM CST

HI - I have previously posted a complaint on this page and have also lodged a complaint with the Dept. of Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau. I have heard nothing back from DCA and the BBB is pretty useless as they closed the complaint on the basis that "the business did not respond to their request" so if the business ignores the BBB - the BBB just go away. You must lodge a complaint with the DCA as they will eventually have to take action just by the sheer number of complaints.

The above comment is correct- they are all in this together. I was more fortunate than others - I found out whilst still in New York and so went back to the store and spoke very loudly but politely so others heard about being ripped off. They eventually refunded me the money via a cheque (which surprisingly did not bounce!) minus the 'cancellation fee' of $99 so that is all I lost plus the $30 I paid for a sim that rarely worked. If you haven't left NYC go back every hour on the hour (that was what I did) until you get some money back because they will never refund you once you leave the country. All the best.

72d72231, 2015-01-16, 12:27PM CST

Hi, another victim here, charged $300+tax in mid October. Tricked in similar way Sheldon described it: one employee engages you in conversation, asks where you're from etc., meanwhile another one taking your card for "authorization" and stupid me was fooled. I signed the thing although the way I was given all the small receipts, and credit card hiding the amount charged with different amounts on different pages, I had no way of reversing it. And I am saying it to really emphasize that I considered myself careful when signing anything - until then. They run as an organized gang, everyone knows what to do, and how to trick the customer. same procedure all the time. Unlike many of you I just moved to NYC when I got scammed, so I am in the city, ready to do whatever it takes to get my money back and make them pay the price.

As soon as I got back home and saw the amount I was charged, I quickly ran back to the store and told them that I never agreed to be charged this much for a SIM card. "Sorry, we cannot reverse it. You can finish your contract in 30 days, and then email the customer center and get your refund within 180 days." - I was told. I could not agree with that and called the bank (Chase) to report the scam. I was given my money back, but after the bank did the research they took the money back from me, after all I SIGNED IT, and it was my fault, I admit. HOWEVER...

I ceased my contract exactly after a month, and have emailed the customer center and was in touch with a person named "Alexis Kishsaf" (nobody like that exists probably). I was told to wait 5-10 business days for my reimbursement (it was Thanksgiving time), as I KINDLY asked to speed up the process as I was leaving the country. No money, no response, and now neither the website nor the email work.

FURTHERMORE: I went to the store in the beginning of Janaury: The big red banner "PREPAID MOBILE" was removed, and the "new old" staff says they are new and can't help me, but took my number and "will contact whoever owned the store before to contact me and transfer back my refunds". BULLSHIT. I told them I knew it was a scam, and I recognized their faces - the older, dark-skinned guy with kinda long hair to the back is the manager? As soon as I told him I wanted to talk about my money from Prepaid Mobile he left outside for a smoke and directed me to speak to the young guys behind the counter. They got really stressed out accusing me of trying to play smart etc. They could not answer my questions, and quickly became abusive. I did not want to continue the conversation, because I knew it would not lead anywhere. At this point I know I will not get my money back after 180 days, but I will not walk away until these thieves will have been sentenced!

[email protected] is my email for contact.

P.s. That fading ink on the receipts seems to be a part of that scam.

1bc3eca4, 2015-01-16, 01:12PM CST

File a complain to BBB. Also to NYPD. Send your bank the link to this site and

Tell them if it was scam what can you do? Any one can do that and is the bank suppose to pay merchant?

Complain to BBB can be done on its website...which you can do it right now..they are handling my case too and this business is replying also through them...hope more people complains...it works

1bda5bb7, 2015-01-22, 03:21PM CST

DCA responded based on respons of Prepaid Mobile; they refer back to the agreement. If I don't receive my money back after 180 days, I should contact DCA again. They refer to the signed agreement...

Prepaid Mobile stated in their respons that customer get his money back after approx. 180 days after purchase (so can be even more?!). Agreement states between 30 -180 days, but they already go for the max number of days in their communications.

My credit card company has this issue under research; we'll see whats happens.

b5d57d5a, 2015-01-22, 03:40PM CST

The email address on the agreement no longer works. So a refund is totally not possible for me. I have filed a case with dca too but have not heard from them.

My advice is to immediately call your credit card company to refute your transaction and don't wait until 180 days. Merchants only get paid after 60 days. As long as you refute within the 60 days, they don't get your money here in America. Not sure about credit card laws in your country though.

eacea4bd, 2015-01-23, 01:20AM CST

An update about my case. My 180 days were over about a week ago. To remind you, I sent an email two weeks ago to: [email protected], and got a response "to get in touch after my 180 days are over". So I sent another email, and haven't got a response yet....!!

I have the filling I won't get one.

Oh, and here is the last charge of Akbar from the department of consumer affairs (2013)

eacea4bd, 2015-01-27, 10:06AM CST

Hi all, I received an answer regarding my refund. The only way they are willing to give me back my money is through PayPal, although I payed with Credit Card. I refused to give them more information, like a scan of my ID!

I noticed that someone already talked here about the PayPal refund (44a41af0??). Is anyone gave them his details?? received his money through PayPal??

Mauricio, 2015-01-27, 11:18AM CST

Hi all, i gave them the information (PayPal account and Scan ID), but they didn't done refund.

I wrote many emails after gave them the information, but they didn?t answer again.

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-27, 01:02PM CST

I would be very careful about giving them further personal information. Based on old news articles linking them to fraud and being caught with credit cards and identity theft I would be vary wary

Daniel C., 2015-01-27, 02:21PM CST

it's look like Another attempt to steal money...

Hope to receive my money back soon..

Daniel Chait

2e372b10, 2015-01-27, 09:49PM CST

Victim too. One comment above said one of them were arrested and I am going to the 35th street 8 and 9 ave police station to find officer-Roger tomorrow 10 a.m . I will give police all evidences I had to help other people not being cheated. Anyone with me ?

So angry seeing so many victims as me, even saw one guy lose money which supposed to help his sister. Once I want just let it go but after watching the comments above .It convinced me I must take actions although I will lease USA few days later.

Below is my story:

The first transaction in USA!. The only shop selling SIM card on 25/12/2014 because it was Christmas. I paid $27 for a SIM card, it is a Lycamobile one month contract (it works well). I said I will pay in cash, they agreed but need my credit card to do a registration. Then charged me $870.99 saying that it was just to acknowledge me I had a limit and I would not be charged.

I did not need that plan , wanted to cancel it directly and they help me wrote an email to the address which as shows to you all support@prepaidmobile central.com . Then I thought it was done and signed. After I got data and found I was being charged that $870.99. And the following stories were just like yours, keeping writing emails, realizing being cheated and sometimes will hold hope. Anyway ruined my vocation at the beginning as yours. And now I confirmed it is really a scam.

P.S. I went back to New York and Yesterday I went to that shop they had already moved out!!!!!!!! Change to another name no longer called ?prepaid mobile"(I forget the name showing now). New Staff said nothing to do to help me and leave my Email address saying that will try to help me by asking his boss. He said once customers came back to buy services and introduce their friends here cause they got their refund. Saying that I will be fine and he will try to help me( sounds nice let me have hope again. But!!!Bullshit, aftervcalming down who will introduce their friends after having such bad shopping experience ! ) so I think they are still the same group of bad guys. I am so afraid innocent people keep being cheated by them.

2e372b10, 2015-01-27, 10:01PM CST

Guys, we must take actions!!! We all know it is not feeling good . Why let other innocent people keeping dropping into that trap, we must do something not only for us .

f64c8a20, 2015-01-28, 11:00AM CST

I?m with you guys, they rob me too.The same case... My 1st buy in States (actually from that credit card), i asked for a prepaid sim, i paid with cash, they asked me for my credit card and ID and they took $381us without my permission. Let me know what we have to do.

6a84d2c7, 2015-01-28, 11:27AM CST

F64c8a20 - when did this happen to you? Wondering whether it has been since the arrest or before? If you read the above posts there is lots of information about who to email and web links to where to file reports

Mauricio, 2015-01-28, 11:44AM CST

Hi

Please open a complaint in: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/resources/complaint.shtml, there is already an investigation and they need as many complaints as they can get.

Maybe, authorities can help us.

f64c8a20, 2015-01-29, 09:45AM CST

Hi, it was in the mid october. I`m trying to do my DCA complaint but it is always and error, i have starting again and again. I will still trying. Is great they get arrested but, are we going to get our money back??

6d7200de, 2015-01-29, 10:33AM CST

Both of their email addresses, and the website domain itself are suspended.

So the only way that we could contact them is not working anymore.

[email protected]

They conned me in the same way and naively I've been waiting for 180 days to be over to get my money back. :(

Mauricio, 2015-01-29, 11:07AM CST

The new email is [email protected] and webpage: http://www.simplemobilecentral.com/

395aea1a, 2015-01-29, 11:25AM CST

MAURICIO, ARE YOU FROM BRAZIL?

Any other BRAZILIANS here?

Thanks.

Mauricio, 2015-01-29, 11:48AM CST

No, I?m from Colombia.

Any other Colombian here?

e21be012, 2015-01-29, 11:49AM CST

I'm from Brazil

And was scammed on August..

In February will make 6 months... will i get my money back? lol..

395aea1a, 2015-01-29, 12:49PM CST

BRASILEIROS!

se quiserem entrar em contato pra ver se conseguimos tomar juntos alguma atitude pra reaver nosso dinheiro: [email protected]

Valeu!

Abs

6d7200de, 2015-01-29, 01:22PM CST

Mauricio,

[email protected]

These are related to Simple Mobile, which has nothing to do with those con artists.

Simple mobile won't do anything about this cause we did not pay Simple Mobile. We paid GOGO mobile

Mauricio, 2015-01-29, 02:13PM CST

so, when do you refund the transaction done in GOGO mobile in July?. I already sent the asked information althought I have two sim cards agreement in the same shop and charged in my credit card like 2 different stores. The transaction was done in 2 differents months.

So, I?m sure that is the same people.

f64c8a20, 2015-01-29, 02:48PM CST

Yo soy colombiana Mauricio, me gustar?a que nos pusieramos en contacto a ver si hay algo que podamos hacer.

Mauricio, 2015-01-29, 03:51PM CST

Pueden contactarme en [email protected]

Anne D., 2015-01-29, 05:46PM CST

Guys, I wrote an e-mail to them today, using the e-mail address Mauricio posted above and I got this answer:

Anne D., 2015-01-29, 05:49PM CST

Anne D., 2015-01-29, 05:50PM CST

b5d57d5a, 2015-01-29, 06:33PM CST

Do not trust this crooks anymore !!! A lot of the people got charged even more. Submit a dca complaint, nypd and bbb

If you have validation errors , just remove the address but make sure that the business name is called prepaid mobile shop llc.

eacea4bd, 2015-01-29, 10:21PM CST

Well, of course don't give them anymore details!! You can see here that someone gave them his PayPal info and didn't get his money back.

I am writing in my complaints, the name of the new guy "Steve John" which is fake, but what can we do, and that not only they took my money without my consent, but they refuse to refund it, due to the fact that my 180 days were over 10 days ago!!!

We need to close their business! the people that work there now are part of the scam, for sure. If you complain, add their name, and if your 180 days are over mention they refuse to refund the money!! It is a breach of contract!

7d30e52f, 2015-01-30, 01:09AM CST

I was also scammed in july 2014. I emailed the new address aNd also received the congratulation email with their request of my id and paypal. Did anyone talk to a lawyer who wants to suit them? What is the best place to fill in a complaint?

6d7200de, 2015-01-31, 03:01PM CST

Has anyone gotten their money back via PayPal after sending their ID?

eacea4bd, 2015-02-01, 01:11AM CST

6d7200de, as far as I know- NO!

That is why we need to fill a complaint regarding the new guys also!! saying they refuse to refund the money. I received email both from "Steve John" and from "Tim Cone"...

Sheldon N., 2015-02-03, 10:36AM CST

its is just another scam guys, they are thieves. I can't wait to get back to NY in summer. I going to pay to fools a visit. does any one have a home address for these fools. I really want to introduce them to another type of fool on their door step.

6a84d2c7, 2015-02-03, 11:27AM CST

Very much doubt they will be there in the summer, most likely closed down the shop by then and opened a new one in another name and another street in New York and start all over again scamming tourists . Have you noticed it's only tourists and not locals as they know tourists only on short vacations and easier to RIP off

Sheldon N., 2015-02-03, 11:45AM CST

I do understand what you are saying and sadly you are correct. From what I have gather, they have been doing this for a long time. They may have gotten away with robbing us, but hopefully they will rob the wrong person soon and really get whats coming. I can't wait. I really hope that my money stolen was not used to fund ISIS or some other nasty terrorist groups, since all previous reports shows they have Pakistani links and travel back and fought.

I am really pissed that these guys are doing this and the authorities are just dragging their feet and allowing this to continue. This is really sad...specially for a big city such as New York. SAD NY Authorities..Really SAD

6a84d2c7, 2015-02-03, 12:12PM CST

There is an upcoming court case if you search his name on the New York criminal court website. I am interested to see what the new store name is as imagine the newer victims are not coming on to this forum as the store names do not match

b9fc59d1, 2015-02-03, 07:16PM CST

Hi - I've just received an email from the Dept. of Consumer Affairs NY, asking for my PayPal details so they can forward on to Prepaid Mobile who allegedly will refund me the money owed. Has anyone else received a similar email? I'm a little concerned as the company have been asking others for their for PayPal details but also ID. I am replying to the DCA asking for more info.

b5d57d5a, 2015-02-03, 07:28PM CST

Hi, yes I actually spoke to the dca lady as well. The scammers are claiming that this incident is happening because of the one misbehaving and fired employee. ( which I do not believe) they also claimed that they have lost my credit card info so they need my paypal email address to pay me back. Normally I would not give out such info but if the dca is involved, I don't see why not. I'm really afraid of being a victim of identity theft though since they actually keyed in all my details including my credit card info while I was in the store. Will update once I learned more. But the bottom line is, all victims should submit a complaint through the department of consumer affairs New York and your credit card company to get a chance of getting your money back.

eacea4bd, 2015-02-03, 10:56PM CST

b9fc59d1, I received an email from the costumer affairs also, I gave them a paypal address I just opened and not connected to a credit card. I did not send my scanned ID. I will update if there will be any change.

1bda5bb7, 2015-02-04, 11:40AM CST

Got the same request from DCA; we will see...At least they did not ask for ID.

1bda5bb7, 2015-02-08, 04:26AM CST

I just received 500 USD back on my paypal account. To be honest, I was surprised...

But, Paypal takes about 4% transaction costs, which makes the total refund 480 dollar.

Credited was about 544 USD (44 USD sales tax). But at least this is something.

b5d57d5a, 2015-02-08, 06:48AM CST

Lucky you! I have yet to see anything on my account.

Sheldon N., 2015-02-08, 07:20AM CST

I am happy to know you got your money back, please let us know what you did, did create a dummy Paypal account for this. I would like to get my money back to.

1bda5bb7, 2015-02-08, 09:27AM CST

I got only got the question to supply my paypal info from the DCA. I gave them my normal paypal info (email address only). So I guess it was handled via the DCA complaint

eacea4bd, 2015-02-09, 01:17PM CST

I am happy to tell you all that I received my refund to the PayPal account I opened!! (still shocked!). It was with the help of consumer affairs (to remined you, I sent them my email account only without any ID). My advice to you all is to open a complaint in their website. This is the advice of the investigating officer also. I am still available to you all in the yahoo mail I opened if you want more details. Good luck!!

1bda5bb7, 2015-02-09, 04:13PM CST

eacea4bd, did you receive the full amount back? That is deposit + sales tax? Paypal takes about 4% transaction costs, they were deducted from my deposit...

Sheldon N., 2015-02-09, 04:23PM CST

I am having trouble submitting my complaint to DCA

The company did confirm that they have approve my refund, but needed to paypal account number. I have been trying to complete the DCA online form, but on the second page after i validate and click on continue i keep getting this message below.

"

An error has occurred.

An error has occurred.

You must validate the work location you entered by clicking the Search button."

Could someone please help me with this, so i can place a report with DCA

b5d57d5a, 2015-02-09, 07:45PM CST

There is a bug in the dca online submission system. I highly recommend just sending it via Mail if you are still unable to send it electronically.

Here's what worked for me: remove the business address but keep the business name. Verify your address etc. took me 3 hours too.

eacea4bd, 2015-02-09, 11:01PM CST

1bda5bb7, Yes, my refund was for the total amount of 217$ (200$+ Tax), the DCA lady asked me to send her the exact amount they owe me, and this is what they refund me, minus all Paypal fees.

6a84d2c7, 2015-02-10, 01:44AM CST

I don't understand how people are supposedly getting their money back without sending any proof of how much they actually stole from you in the first place, if I was a business I certainly wouldn't be handing out cash left right and centre without documentation proving so

eacea4bd, 2015-02-10, 05:49AM CST

6a84d2c7, maybe this is their way to take customer affairs of their back. Of course I attached my receipt to my complaint in customer affairs, so they knew the actual figure.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you, that the name of the person who conducted the money transfer to my Paypal account is: Akbar Chaudhry... so he is still in the story.

Sheldon N., 2015-02-10, 08:10AM CST

The 1265 Broadway address should be used when filing out the online DCA report and not Fashion Ave. address on the bill. I was just now able to submit my report.

Mauricio, 2015-02-10, 08:58AM CST

Hi guys!!

I have good news. I got my money back.

I sent them the email including trnasaction number (appear in the bill), then they answer me ask for mi paypal account and my scan ID. I sent the information and after 5 business days a got my money back only the ammount whitout tax and paypal has a fee of 4% transaction costs.

Well it is somenthing.

I am waiting for another refund. I hope they will do this week.

Good luck with your refunds!!!

1bc3eca4, 2015-02-10, 09:11AM CST

I am writing mails to them on support@prepaid....and expedite@prepaid...but all is getting bounced back...is there any other email id?

Mauricio, 2015-02-10, 09:33AM CST

Hi

you must write to [email protected]

Mark D., 2015-02-10, 09:43AM CST

Dear Mauricio!

Did You get a refund only by mailing that address? Did you wait the 6 months before asking a refund? It's been almost 5 months since the "purchase". Last time I wrote that address, I only got a auto answer: wait 180 days stuff.

Should I wait one more month and then send the mail again or should I do the DCA thing now or wait a month? They owe me 1800 $

Mark

eacea4bd, 2015-02-10, 10:28AM CST

Mark, I would try to do both- fill in the complaint, you have nothing to lose, I waited 180 days for this money... but maybe DCA will do it faster. Good luck

Mark D., 2015-02-10, 11:12AM CST

Thank you very much! in my book they tricked me! But I was just wondering whether my case would be stronger with the DCA if I do it if they refuse to return the money after the 6 months (which I don't think they will)

Mauricio, 2015-02-10, 11:25AM CST

Dear Mark

I waited for 180 days, but I fill a complaint in DCA too. The refund was done only with the email but, i had write many times and tell them I will sue.

I think you must do both, wait for 180 days and fill a complaint.

bf4a566b, 2015-02-11, 04:00PM CST

This is a cheating company. FBI needs to monitor this company. I bought unlocked iphone6 on 12-13-2014 for $549.99 but they charged my TD BANK CREDIT CARD FOR $1203.23 without my permission. I even didn't sign the receipt. But they still can get my money from my account. we keep visiting and calling this company, most of time, no one pick up the phone. When i go to the store yesterday, and was changed to another cell phone company. Guys pay attention this company.

I suggest FBI to investigate this company. Right now they changed company name but still the same people working there. The New company is VIVO LTE UNLOCKED PHONES

1bda5bb7, 2015-02-11, 04:34PM CST

0e0cfa05, don't post your transaction number over here. I can use it to get the money refunded to my account...

b5d57d5a, 2015-02-11, 07:37PM CST

Mark or anyone else, don't wait 180 days. First, dispute the transaction with your credit card company. Secondly, file a dca complaint. Do both!! Also take a picture or scan your receipts now!! Your ink will fade after 180 days. I was cheated on December 2014 but managed to get it disputed

Mark D., 2015-02-12, 01:39AM CST

Thanks! I tried to dispute it with my bank right away, but they couldn't help me. I scanned the receipts immediately. The faded with with the speed of lightning!

I'll do the DCA thing.

Did you guys send all the receipts to the DCA or only the ones you wanted refunded?

Mark

b5d57d5a, 2015-02-12, 09:17AM CST

I sent all to show them that I thought that I'm only paying cash for a prepaid SIM card while they swiped my credit card without my authorization. I'm not sure about your case but do submit your dca complaint first. The dca people will ask you.

As for the credit card, yeah different countries have different credit card laws, here in US, if you dispute within 60 days, the merchant actually does not get your money so fast.

4cbbf657, 2015-02-12, 09:24AM CST

We bought two sim cards, and they took $1400 from us. We were told that it was only to be "Put on Hold", but they actually took the money out!!!!

eacea4bd, 2015-02-12, 10:02AM CST

4cbbf657, when was it???

4cbbf657, 2015-02-12, 10:30AM CST

4cbb657 here - we purchased the sims on 23rd November 2014. Only after we had signed the Sim Card Agreement were we told that $699.99 would be put on hold for each SIM card, and that only money will be taken out if we made any international phone calls (which we didn't).

When we found out it was actually taken out of our account we went back into the store and complained, but the guy there was all like "standard practice", told us to follow the instructions on the Sim card Agreement and that we would have our money back within a month tops. It has now been over two months.

First reply was from a Cleveland Stark on 21st December 2014 - saying our refund was placed under initial review

On January 15th I asked them where my money was,

16th January - reply from "Steve Johns" saying I had to wait the 180 days.

19th January - I reply to him arguing that the Sim Card Agreement given, states that if I emailed them with the title "I want my rebate expedited" that refund would be given within 1-14 days.

20th January - "Steve Johns" replies - there will be a charge for having rebate expedited

21st January - I reply with a copy of the SIM Card Agreement asking where does it say a charge would be incurred for having rebate expedited?

23rd January - "Steve Johns" replies - "Your refund is placed under initial review"

I decided to give them a chance to refund me, within this 1-14 day period. Didn't get it .

9th February - I email them back asking about my refund again

9th February - A "Jeff Scott" now replies saying I have to wait 180 days.

9th February - I reply back immediately stating that I had already established that I did not need to wait 180 days, and that I would not be charged for having my rebate expedited..

Mr Jeff Scott has yet to reply...

Then I searched for the shop, and found this site.

4cbbf657, 2015-02-12, 10:32AM CST

On January 15th I asked them where my money was,

16th January - reply from "Steve Johns" saying I had to wait the 180 days.

9th February - I email them back asking about my refund again

9th February - A "Jeff Scott" now replies saying I have to wait 180 days.

Mr Jeff Scott has yet to reply...

Then I searched for the shop, and found this site.

1bc3eca4, 2015-02-12, 10:41AM CST

Better file complain to NYC and BBB - all you can do online...that's the only way you can get you money back....and ya..make sure copy or scan the receipts as those will fade in some time and you wont even have proofs....

eacea4bd, 2015-02-12, 11:40AM CST

4cbb657, I advice you also to fill a complaint in customer affairs: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/resources/complaint.shtml

They helped me and several other people. I had to wait 180 days, but I got my money. In your complaint upload every receipt you have. Good Luck!

1bda5bb7, 2015-02-12, 11:59AM CST

Due to the actions of DCA I didn't have to wait 180 days. Best thing to do now is filing the complaints.

581c7ae0, 2015-02-14, 07:28AM CST

I am from India and I am also a victim of these bunch of cheaters, I bought a prepaid sim in July 2014 and asked my credit card for ID proof and they charged $220 from it, soon after a month I asked them to refund my money as the mobile service provider (Spot mobile) went defaulted and they stopped their services. Initially they replied back that my refund is in process but nothing happened, after lots of emails then they mentioned the refund will be processed after 180 days. I also raised dispute with my bank, but they produced receipt which I had signed so the dispute was rejected, now after 180 days when I am trying sending the email, their emails addresses are not working all mails are bouncing back. I am shocked to see how NYC is allowing these cheaters to operate from a Shop that too on very prominent place where lots of tourist visit every day. If any authorities are reading these stories, please take legal action against them.

Anyone please suggest, can I hope to get my money back

eacea4bd, 2015-02-14, 01:24PM CST

581c7ae0, I bought a SIM card on July, and had the exact same story (see above), I received my money back yesterday, after filling a complaint at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/resources/complaint.shtml.

Please do it also.

The email that works, for now, is: [email protected] The problem with those people, who say that they will give you back your money, is that they want your Paypal account and a scanned ID, which I refused to give them. With the help of the DCA, I received my money to a Paypal account without any ID.

You can do both anyway, but just know that the DCA complaint will take time.

Good luck!!

Mauricio, 2015-02-17, 01:29PM CST

Hi,

I already got my money in my PayPal account without taxes and PayPal's comision, but it is something. I have to sent many emails (like 10 for each transaction), and I fill a complaint in DCA too.

Good luck with yours refunds.

811efe50, 2015-02-18, 07:34AM CST

just for the record, I have been scammed too by this store.

6a84d2c7, 2015-02-18, 07:48AM CST

careful about giving your real paypal details as if paypal is linked to your bank account they then have direct access to your bank! I know of people that have been scammed through paypal before, make sure it isn't linked to your current account

811efe50, 2015-02-20, 10:19AM CST

so, FINALLY I was able to post a complaint to the DCA, after hours of trying. but I haven't received a confirmation email or anything from the DCA, what happens next? Should I wait or proceed sending my paypal account and ID to this STEVE JOHNS of [email protected]?

Mauricio, 2015-02-20, 11:47AM CST

If your transaction have 180 days, you must to send your paypal account and ID to [email protected]

They refunded me my money by this way, but I had to write one and other time asking them for my refund.

Good Luck!!

Mauricio, 2015-02-20, 11:47AM CST

They refunded my money by this way, but I had to write one and other time asking them for my refund.

Good Luck!!

9a3b62a8, 2015-02-21, 12:58PM CST

Good Evening Everyone,

Me & my attorney are building up a case to bring to the Manhattan DA's office we are going to put an end to these guys once and for all. Email all stories invoices that you have to [email protected] Together we can bring this company down and get what we deserve!!!

6a84d2c7, 2015-02-21, 02:48PM CST

It's already going to court. If you read all the posts above you'll see who is dealing with it and details of what to do if you've been scammed

9a3b62a8, 2015-02-22, 07:05PM CST

Hello My name is Erica Martinez these guys are crooks I told them I wanted to cancel the agreement and pay the fees and they still refuse to refund me any money. These guys need to locked in federal jail. I wont stop until those brothers Akbar and Amjad Chaudhry are both in prison. We cant keep letting this happen to people. Some people don't have 999.99 to lose over a sim card. This is just flat out wrong. How can they sleep with themselves out night. I am contacting every major news outlet in NYC Fox, Nbc, Abc, My9, Cnn, Etc until these guys are exposed. They changed their company named to Orange hoping it will slow down the complaints. This is still going on im going to create protest outside their stores. For Future people reading this if you come out of any of their locations 1265 Broadway or 488 7th Avenue, go to the NYPD, Department Of Consumer Affiars, also contact their landlords Torkian Group LLC. Let them know what is going on in their buildings. If anyone has been a victim and doesnt want to wait until May 6th to hear what the judge has to say email me your stories [email protected] lets not wait until May lets get action now. Lets expose these rats like the slimes they are.

9a3b62a8, 2015-02-22, 07:18PM CST

821739a1, 2015-02-23, 01:00PM CST

Hi everyone, after some effort I got my money back.

They reimbursed me through paypal so I had to pay their fees, nevertheless it's better than nothing.

As I didn't got my money back after the 180 days perdiod, I sent them a note to [email protected] (which I found in this page) sending them all the documentation.

They said that they would reimburse me within 3 to 5 business days, which didn't happen. So I sent another note complaining and threating them to get in touch with DCA. One hour later the money was transfered!. Paypal took 11% comission, which I asked SimpleMobileCentral to reimburse too, but they refused to do it.

Awful place to take your business to!

bdbffbeb, 2015-02-24, 03:04PM CST

Hello People,

Soldiers of Justice!

Same situation happed to me in New York in Octomber 2014, i bought sim card for 15$ but they took about 554 $ from my account :/... Rest the same story as Yours...

So I see that situation is very good overall for Us. To whom I should wrote to give my documents as a proof of scam and me as a victim?

Regars Max

6a84d2c7, 2015-02-24, 04:34PM CST

Hi Max, if you read the above posts - I realise there are a lot of them all the information is there on what to do. What country are you from? Erica are you still in New York?

eacea4bd, 2015-02-24, 11:26PM CST

Max, fill a complaint in the customer affairs website: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/resources/complaint.shtml.

They will help you to get back the money.

Good luck!

bdbffbeb, 2015-02-25, 03:02AM CST

Hello Everybody!

I did a complaint at BBB's site, is it ok / enough? - http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city

Thanks Guys! I will do also complaint at:

PS: I'm from Poland. :)

About this case, what is more, I did only receive a paper from credit card machine from them for 15$ not for 559,36$. They just fake my signature on other papers for amount of 544,36$!

If there will be any trial for them I can even come to NY, if it helps to jail this bastards. If they will be convicted they will have to get back to me my funds connected with my arrival to NY.

Is any media (TV , radio, newspaper, ect...) are familiar with that case???

bdbffbeb, 2015-02-25, 03:07AM CST

Hi!

Is there a Facebook site connected with that guys? It could help Us to unite, cooperate and talk, because we are from whole over the world almost :)

1bda5bb7, 2015-02-25, 03:39AM CST

Best thing to do is file your complaints at BBB and DCA. Keep (digital) copies of your papers, agreements, communications with company etc. BBB, DCA and NYPD are working on this case. Just be patient and let these 'systems' do their work.

bdbffbeb, 2015-02-25, 03:45AM CST

Thanks,

Of course, I'm patient. I have all digital copies of bills, mails, bank account history, etc...

I wrote already to BBB. I will write to DCA as well.

best Regards,

44a41af0, 2015-02-26, 10:43AM CST

after completing a DCA file, I finally got my money back from Prepaid mobile!

The sim card was bought on 1st july 2014!! Along time spent in mails and phone calls ...

44a41af0, 2015-02-26, 10:44AM CST

44a41af0, 2015-02-26, 10:46AM CST

91e1f52f, 2015-02-26, 04:28PM CST

eacea4bd,

I am also a victim of these scammers.

I am having problems with DCA site when submitting the complaint. Thing is that I can not find mobile prepaid's license.

eacea4bd or anyone who has already filled the DCA complaint. Could you please share exact License Type or Business Name to look for?

Thanks for all the details you have provided and for sharing your experience.

e21be012, 2015-02-26, 05:51PM CST

For all of you that have received the money, they are asking me my paypal account and a scanned ID.

Did you send both to them?

I'm afraid they could use my ID for something else...

7573567d, 2015-02-27, 01:59AM CST

Guys, I bought a GoPro camera on this store in november and paid with cash, they asked my card for identification and I didn't even realized they charged it until my friend bought a cellphone there and checked his account afterwards, then I went to see mine and they scammed me too. I'm completely outraged, how can they keep working in the heart of manhattan? That's absurd.

b5d57d5a, 2015-02-27, 02:17AM CST

Look for prepaid mobile shop llc, you don't have to put in the address but I was told that you can use the 1265 Broadway address, do not give these crooks any scanned Id! Just submit a formal complaint through dca.

eacea4bd, 2015-02-27, 02:19AM CST

91e1f52f, I filled the complaint a long time ago, I tried to find what I wrote there, but haven't found it. Here is what someone wrote here, maybe it will help: "Here's what worked for me: remove the business address but keep the business name. Verify your address etc. took me 3 hours too".

e21be012, using the help of the DCA, I didn't have to send them anything, only paypal account to the DCA representative. I wouldn't send also my ID...

688925cc, 2015-02-27, 01:33PM CST

Hello, I am yet another victim,

the email id [email protected] is bouncing. Is there another email id to request for refund.

Help appreciated.

688925cc, 2015-02-27, 01:38PM CST

Hello ,

I am yet another victim

non of the emails seem to work anymore. Help appreciated.

b9fc59d1, 2015-02-27, 10:58PM CST

Hi - I have also had my money returned via PayPal after complaining to the Dept of Consumer Affairs. That is the only way to get your back - there is no point emailing the company as they just ignore you and send back a generic meaningless email. Go on to the DCA website and lodge your complaint. If you have trouble filling out the form email or call DCA for help. Best of luck.

6803c53c, 2015-03-03, 05:50AM CST

Does any one got the refund back in their credit card account as i don't have pay pal account??

Sheldon N., 2015-03-03, 07:17AM CST

I have file a complaint with DCA and they asked for some more info which i forwarded. This was almost am month ago and got no response and nothing back. Is there someone in particular at DCA I should contact? if so please provide the direct contact info, so I to can contact them.

aa0043b4, 2015-03-04, 07:14AM CST

How long does it take from your initial DCA complaint submission and the refund?Does anybody have a copy of the SIM card agreement, mine is completely faded. Please someone scan it, upload it and give us a link. Thanks!

424eeaa5, 2015-03-04, 03:42PM CST

I was scammed by that fuXXing bastards just 3 days ago. I went back to the store yesterday and said I want refund but they are not gonna give it back. They said just contact the email and to the office number 212-532-2179. So I contacted it all day long, but no responses.....

Someone please give me some ways to get back my money.. It is a big money to me as i'm a student...

6a84d2c7, 2015-03-04, 03:49PM CST

424eeaa5 are you still in New York? Where are you from? Have you read the above posts? (I know there are loads of them but full instructions on what to do are above. Get yourself to the local precinct asap ask for Officer Peter Rogers, can you ID the staff member? Call your bank as a priority

2ed54c19, 2015-03-11, 10:38AM CDT

for all the victims of this store i suggest that you go to the store personally and bring police with you to get your money back. here's their phone numbers 646-269-6202 look for Isaac or Morris.

84576495, 2015-03-11, 05:35PM CDT

i managed to get my money back from those thieves , i went to their store and their were some customers ready to be victims, i yelled at them loudly and threatened them to bring the police they gave me 80 % of my money back after 20 minutes of harsh argument.

Mary B., 2015-03-14, 12:56PM CDT

I would like to report Prepaid-mobile or simple mobile centraI (because they changed their name), I was other victim from them. I was trying to buy a prepaid sim card in november, the salesperson asked me for my credit card and he insisted that this was a regulation applied in all USA. I gave him the credit card , plus $20 the sim card cost in money. Then he printed me a receipt with $560 taken from my credit card without my consent. When I complained about this, he said this is a requirement that is linked your card with the sim and charged you anything. When I went home, I noticed that the amount was taken from my card and never came back again I sent many emails to the store asking about my money they said they will refund but nothing happens.

I wrote to the police officer that someone recommended before and he answered this :

Numerous other people who have complained have told me that Consumer Affairs (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/resources/complaint.shtml ) has setup an agreement with the company to reimburse victims through Paypal. Go online to see the status of the complaint and you should receive an email message from someone at Consumer Affairs (@dca.nyc.gov). They will tell you to setup an account but only give the Paypal account # and charges to be refunded. Do not give any other info such as passwords or credit card security info.

I was in Department of Consumer Affairs in New York City and I made a complaint, there is a case number. I sent also all the documentation to the person that was assigned to my case who is a Supervisor of Mediation in that Department of Consumer Affairs, their phone : 212-436-0263. If someone want to try to talk to them .

Those days I found this chat from the simple mobile central ,,, http://s5.parature.com/ics/support/chat/chatstart.asp?deptID=15199&task=chat&deploymentId=cc196312-fb11-4074-b465-4271caf5ca50

when i tried to contact them and talking about the situation they just give to me this number of customer care representatives 1-866-667-6470

Mary B., 2015-03-14, 12:58PM CDT

I would like to report Prepaid-mobile or simple mobile centraI (because they changed their name), I was other victim from them. I was trying to buy a prepaid sim card in november 2014, the salesperson asked me for my credit card and he insisted that this was a regulation applied in all USA. I gave him the credit card , plus $20 the sim card cost in money. Then he printed me a receipt with $560 taken from my credit card without my consent. When I complained about this, he said this is a requirement that is linked your card with the sim and charged you anything. When I went home, I noticed that the amount was taken from my card and never came back again I sent many emails to the store asking about my money they said they will refund but nothing happens.

5892e22d, 2015-03-18, 07:05PM CDT

Me paso igual a mi, me hicieron el cobro del ship, y me ademas del pago por el ship $ 27.00cargo a la tarjeta $ 326.00 dolar diciendo que era un contrato por si queria continuar con el servicio despues del tiempo autorizado , que era obligatorio hacerlo por esa via, solo con ese cargo

la situaci?n es que somos turistas extrextranjeros y abusan de nostros, adem?s aunque postee esto en este sitio, NO CONSIGO DE REGRESO MI DINERO, en este lugar son estafadores y nadie ejerce control, al final son agentes autorizados de at&t creo que es un desprestigio para esa gran compa??a

722ad64c, 2015-03-22, 11:23AM CDT

Good evening. I?m from Argentina and I was also cheated with these people. I asked for 2 sim cards ( 21,78) and that charged me another 1088,72 I did not authorized. I already presented charges against them in Consumers Frauds Bureau of NYC.

So many tourists cheated, and in the middle of Manhattan. It is a shame for all the city!! that store should be closed.

722ad64c, 2015-03-22, 11:25AM CDT

722ad64c, 2015-03-22, 11:26AM CDT

b31b0cc4, 2015-03-27, 09:53AM CDT

Hello. Any news about this?

jeehye k., 2015-04-07, 10:14PM CDT

It's been over 180 days since I'd been scammed by them. So, I send tons of emails but they don't even read them.

Is there any other email address or something somebody know?

eacea4bd, 2015-04-07, 10:45PM CDT

Guys, everything is written here.

Their new email: [email protected]

The real way to get your money: fill a complaint in: http://www1.nyc.gov/site/dca/consumers/file-complaint.page

Good luck!

d362d497, 2015-04-12, 06:41PM CDT

I am also a victim of these scammers they provided the sales receipt to my credit card company and they are using that as an excuse for them to validate the scam charge. I will follow all the instructions posted here such as contacting the NYPD and filing complaints with consumers affairs. If its of any help to anyone, as noted in previous posts the crook that sent the fax to my credit card company is akbar chaudry from phone number 347 695 1614

5e1d12b8, 2015-04-15, 03:23PM CDT

I was also cheated at November 13 2014 by these people exactly in the same way other persons have described above. Now I begin to send emails to claim my money back. I hope authoriries do something to solve the problem and to close that shop.

6a84d2c7, 2015-04-15, 03:48PM CDT

They are being pursued by DCA and upcoming court case, think authorities are cottoning on to their businesses.

91bbb730, 2015-04-20, 03:03PM CDT

Dear All

i've been scamed in the same way like some of you.... from prepaid mobile i didn't take back my money yet neither from DCA... i'm still waiting... i'm very angry and sad to falled into a trap... i'm speaking for 2177 dollars, to much money guys.....

c08f6b0e, 2015-04-21, 10:00AM CDT

Could someone send me the Sim Card Agreement? My one is very faded and the DCA requested it. Thank you so much!!!!!!!

adc3db9b, 2015-04-21, 03:11PM CDT

Buenas Tardes El d?a S?bado 18/04/2015 pase por lo mismo me ofrecieron un tel?fono por el monto de $326, adicionalmente pasaron la tarjeta sin mi consentimiento por un monto de $ 199,99 alegando que solo seria bloqueado y luego me lo devolver?an, le envi? varios correos el cual ellos me suministraron(helpdesk.vivolte) y no me han respondido.

eacea4bd, 2015-05-12, 10:49PM CDT

I am closing my email: [email protected]

All the information is in this blog.

Good luck

Shoshanna S., 2015-05-13, 09:22AM CDT

Hi, could also someone send me the Sim Card Agreement? The DCA was asking for it, and it?s unreadable, because it?s from last September! Please! my adress: [email protected]

Thanks so much guys!!

0c9333da, 2015-05-15, 02:59PM CDT

Hi,

I am facing the same situation here.

I visit NYC past December, got a $20 SIM CARD + $499 surprise on my credit card at Simple Mobile Central

1265 Broadway.

Are these guys still there?

No body answer at "+1.212-532-2179".

Got an error when trying to send an email to "[email protected]", like that's not working any more.

I sent the same email to "[email protected]", no reply so far (14MAY2015).

I am still a couple of days from the 180 days due date (40 to go).

Who was the last person to get a refund and when?

Charlie

Mauricio, 2015-05-15, 03:15PM CDT

Hello Charlie

I got my money back at the end of febraury 2015, after almost 200 days. I wrote to [email protected] and I filled a complaint at DCA too.

Good luck.

Regards

Mauricio S.

39e3aec4, 2015-05-15, 11:11PM CDT

Hi

I am from Australia and had the same thing happen to myself and my partner 13th December 2014. Went into their shop to purchase a $60 sim and was charged $62. for sim and $762.11 on both of our cards. They talked about international calling and we insisted that we had no need for that service and before we left the store made sure that all we were getting was the $60 sim. Went back to hotel and found the charge to my prepaid card. Went straight back to the store and insisted that we had not agreed to the charge and on calling their customer service [their other store] they said it would be refunded in 24 to 48 hours. Of course that did not happen and we kept going back for 5 days and we just got the runaround. We had threatened the police and am sorry that we did not follow through.

We have lodged a complaint with Department of consumer affairs and did contact the police officer mentioned.

Our credit card company is disputing the charge and the phone company sent through signed charges for $62 and one for the $762.11 and it is obvious that we did not sign the $762.11 charge Signatures are totally different.

It was my first time in New York and it won't be my last but I will be much more wary from now on.

We still do not have our money back.

aeac055f, 2015-05-18, 03:32PM CDT

Hello, As many of you, i bought a prepaid sim card on sunday10 of may at the following shop: 488 7th avenue ny10018. They charged me 599us dollars !

I cannot join them..by phone or emails !

I have just contacted my bank and I will file a DCA form and send them all..

Hope my money will be back..

Eric (France)

83489d80, 2015-05-20, 10:52PM CDT

Hi, the same happen to me one week ago in the 1265 Broadway store. They charged me $1.199.97 twice without my consent. I went to buy a sim card but also I wanted to buy two cellphones. Cuz I didnt have enough money I tried to pay with my credit card. The guy swiped the card and he said ?it's not working?, then he tried it again and said ?it's on hold? so my boyfriend gave me some cash and I ended up paying with cash $1.400 but two days after I check on my credit card movements and saw that the'd charged me $2399.94, inmmediately I called my bank but It was too late cuz it was already charged in my account and also I found out that the guy swiped a third time for $1.400 for the money that I paid with cash but thankfully my bank declined that transaction.

Those guys are bastards, if something happen to you, try to go to the Midtown Police Department, is in 357 west 35 Street. Phone: 212-239-9811. I was so happy that the day I went I met a really nice p?lice officers Maxim and Divertiligio, I told them what happen to me and the next day that I went back again to the store, i called 911 like 3 times asking for p?lice assitance, in the end they came quite late but at the right time. And i was so lucky that the same officers i met the day before came for my asisstance, I got all my money back the $2399.94 plus the $ 1400 cuz i returned the cellphones, i dint want nothing from them.

Don?t be scared of them, that stupid Adam guy is such an idiot, he tried to look so quite and relax for the cameras but at the same time saying stupid and rude things to my bf and I, also he was teasing us, he was pretending calling the p?lice and saying that we were yelling at him and trespassing his working area and being crazy so he needed inmediately p?lice assistance, such a liar, and the other guy all the time tried to speak so slow like he didn't speak english well, but once the p?lice officer came they were like chicken, out from the sudden that guy spoke fluent english and the stupid Adam said to the p?lice ?oh, if you protect them you also have to protect us, you don't know what they can do?.

Don't believe in the 180 days, pls if you realized that you've being scam you should try to make copies of your receipt cuz it will fade soon and go straight with a p?lice officer in the store, don't talk to them first and the take actions, we all know that they are a fraud so just go with a p?lice officer, also make a complaint in the DCA, BBB, file a complaint in nyc.gov/consumers, License number: 2017535-DCA, try to use that because the are constantly changing the name of the store.

Let's try to help to shut the ?stores? down cuz there are two other more that do the same thing. And put people like ?Adam? in jail.

6a84d2c7, 2015-05-21, 01:29AM CDT

Glad you reported it, are they pursuing court action dos you sign the credit card slips? We were scammed and got police involved and got money back, had to go back to NY for court case last month Adam's brother was indicted at his next hearing and the judge put bail on him so hopefully he's still inside until the trial date. Puts a bad taste in your mouth about NY though completely ruined our trip

edd36275, 2015-05-26, 05:31PM CDT

I was also ripped off by these scammers ,bought a $10 simcard,asked for my credit card toactivate and found that $499.99 taken as surety for futher use . I was only in New york for 8 days ,and was told no moneys would be debitted to my account,Surprise surprise when home I was out of pocket by$Au636.14 and not getting anywhere with enquiries as there is no answer when phoning the Number on my Docket.Really annoyed.

aa0043b4, 2015-05-27, 03:52AM CDT

Can someone send me a copy of the sim agreement. mine is also totally faded. thanks

my email is: [email protected]

bce2bd49, 2015-05-28, 10:11AM CDT

Hi guys,

I have the same problem. I spent one week in NY as a tourist and I activated this sim card on 9th april. They've frozed 499.99$ that had been CHARGED on my credit card. Now I don't know how to get my money back. They said that I should hacve received the money back after 30 days (in my case, on 9th may) and nowadays I haven't received the amount.

And now they don't answer to the phone

Anybody can help me? I want all my money back!!!! Shall I try to call the authorities?

If anybody has news my email is [email protected]

39e3aec4, 2015-05-28, 04:20PM CDT

bce2bd49 and edd36275 you need to go to your credit card company and file a dispute. They should fight it for you and return your money as it was not an authorised transaction . I cannot believe the shops are still operating.

Our credit card company returned our money but do not know whether they received it from the fraudsters are they wore the loss. We also started sending our credit card company all the links that we have found regarding this scam.

39e3aec4, 2015-05-28, 04:21PM CDT