FTC - Do Not Call List

Posted on Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 at 11:18am CDT by Gary L.

Product: National Do Not Call

Company: FTC

URL: https://www.donotcall.gov/

Category: Government, Police

The FTC DO NOT CALL LIST is a scam. Telemarketers pay for the list of numbers that they are not allowed to call but instead use the list as a verifiable list of active phone numbers. Before I signed up for the Do Not Call, I use to get a scam call once a month or so. Now since I signed up I get three or four a day and on my cell phone too. And they ae from the same credit card companies, Hello, this is Rachael) pharmacy companies, alarm companies and they just keep coming and coming. When these telemarketers get caught, if they get caught, the fine is so small they just change there number and keep calling. When is this invasion of my privacy and space going to stop. Why with our technology today we cannot stop these robo calls and human telemarketers. When they get caught, there should be millions of dollars in fines, jail time and seizure of all their equipment. That will stop them.

Robert Allyn L., 2014-04-16, 08:58AM CDT

So to be clear you have been a good user of the DNC?

Reported each number that has violated the rules to the DNC?

If you don't the Government won't do squat about the bandits out there.

2 minute cpmplaint web page : https://complaints.donotcall.gov/complaint/complaintcheck.aspx

Do Your Part to kill phone scammers!

Gary L., 2014-04-16, 09:20AM CDT

Thak you Robert for your response. I have filed many many complaints when I get a call from a scammer. Sometimes three a day. I have filed over thirty complaints. And it has done no good, They still keep calling. I have even called the FTC and spoke with a human which is a feat in itself. It is obvious the FTC cannot handle the problem since they have offered a reward or a bonus to anyone who can come up with a workable solution to stop the telemarketers. I know if thousands and thousands of people file complaints, it will do some good. At least "Hello, this is Rachael" is gone. She now has come back under another name. Filing a complaint just makes the scammer change their phone number and name. Maybe we need a public execution, lol.