whole foods - Bad Treatment @ Wholefoods Mason Ohio

Posted on Sunday, March 23rd, 2014 at 8:22pm CDT by Srini h.

Company: whole foods

Location: MASON, OH, 45040, US

URL: wholefoods.com

Category: Stores, Shopping

I am a 10+ year loyal "whole foods customer", I lived in Chicago and Detroit areas before I moved to Cincinnati earlier this month. I was shocked by a treatment meted out by one of the employees in Mason Ohio store, my experience follows. I was with my 4 year old daughter and wanted to check out quickly so I can get her some food since she was hungry and cranky, I go to one of the lanes and ready to keep my things at that time I hear from the employee (name tag "TJ") at the counter in a rather rude voice ": Its only 10 items or below this lane" that voice was not only rude and condescending it was also humiliating. I then went to next checkout counter waited few minutes and checked out, I only had 14 items total (some could have been repeats as I did not put them in a plastic bag).

I have noticed that employees in Chicago and Detroit area stores really loved their job and also they show cased the culture behind how whole foods was built. In the Mason Ohio store , I saw that it was lacking big time. Is this because its not a big metro and employees are still adjusting to the clientele who shop whole foods? Like dealing with "non white" customer. Employees like "TJ" are they counseled and Trained to handle all customers alike and work with customer focus, especially multi ethnic customers?

These are Some things for the local store management to think about.

In the mean time I will figure out whether or not to let go my "Whole Foods" loyalty to save my own dignity.

Thanks

Srini h., 2014-03-23, 08:28PM CDT

Just to add, the guy who was rude and did not want to check us out earlier was SIMPLY standing and helping bag another checkout AISLE he did not have any other customers behind.