Benhase Car Restorations - Unbelievable

Posted on Monday, February 24th, 2014 at 3:46pm CST by 7b2383bd

Company: Benhase Car Restorations

Location: 11741 Chesterdale Rd.
CINCINNATI, OH, 45246, US

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

The incompetence of this so called repair shop is truly unbelievable. The length of time that they had my car was equally unbelievable. Finally, they said my car was ready. I went to pick it up and it was not. A few weeks later, repeat performance. There after I couldn't get phone calls or emails returned. At this point, there was no way that I could trust their work, so I had a flat bed meet me there and I took it. It was delivered to a real restoration shop. The following is only a partial list of the problems with my car that the restoration shop found. The choke cable had a kink in it and didn't work. The tachometer wasn't reconnected. When I opened the hood, the air filters were missing. I found them in the trunk and I was told that they had gotten wet and were therefore damaged and unusable, so the just tossed them in the trunk. The engine, transmission and radiator had been taken out of the car. When they put them back, they used the old radiator hoses. The top one was leaking and the bottom one had a split in it that would have blown at any time. They used the old transmission mounts. The rubber was cracked and falling apart and one tab for attaching it to the frame was broken off. The carbs had to be rebuilt and finally, the overdrive which always worked flawlessly until they got hold of it, no longer worked. There are more items, but this statement is already long enough. Incompetent is an understatement.