vistaprint webs.com - Unethical Business

Posted on Saturday, February 22nd, 2014 at 1:09pm CST by wayne u.

Product: Webhosting

Company: vistaprint webs.com

Location: SILVER SPRING, MD, US

URL: webs.com

Category: Internet Services

Created website with freewebs.com and used it for almost two years. The company became webs.com, then later vistaprint webs.com. It was difficult to manage so I stopped the billing through my premium account login. Access to the website and premium account were turned off. Over 2 years later, I received a $99.95 charge to my credit card for their webhosting. The only way to turn off billing is through the premium account login. The only way to contact customer billing issues is through the premium account login or web chat through premium account login. That login doesn't work, so I can't contact them. No telephone numbers are provided on the website. I sent email to customer support, but have only received autoreplies.

This is definitely a business to stay away from.

Business Reply  John from Webs, 2014-02-26, 02:43PM CST

The above mentioned charge was for the automatic renewal of a Premium Package purchased on 2/21/2012. The site was active until the domain expired on 1/1/2014. Webs was notified of the request for refund on 2/22/2014 and the refund was processed in full on 2/24/2014.

Webs provides a 30 day hassle free refund on all Premium Packages. While the best way to contact us is through the account in question, it is also possible to reply to any billing notification email or visit http://www.websbilling.com/ and submit an inquiry directly to the Billing department.

wayne u., 2014-02-26, 03:09PM CST

Yes, I received the refund; however the site was not active and the account could not be accessed.